Home

Have The NFL Playoffs Fired you Up for Madden?

This is a discussion on Have The NFL Playoffs Fired you Up for Madden? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-04-2009, 08:54 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Have The NFL Playoffs Fired you Up for Madden?

Sorry to de-rail this thread further, but in the spirit of the playoffs, I REALLY started craving some good football. And while APF2k8 is the only 360 football game I can stand, I needed some pro teams. I thought about picking up a used copy of madden, but downloaded the demo instead and remembered why it was I only rented the game this year, and quickly returned it.

So as my search continued, I dug a little deeper into my game drawer and there it was NFL 2k5. So I did a little research on getting this years rosters onto the 360, and an hour later I was playing my very own version of NFL 2k9. It is the greatest game Ive ever played. The atmosphere and presentation is amazing, and Im having the most fun ever with a franchise. And this is coming from someone who hates offline. My friend is controlling the vikings and me the 49ers. We are about halfway through the season, and its been the most fun Ive had in a sports game in well...4 years..lol

I truly forgot how well done that game was, and how good presentation acctually sucks you into playing offline. The next gen maddens have seriously drove me to HATE playing offline. So if you want to have a truly authentic NFL experience, just find a copy of 2k5, go get some rosters, and enjoy!
Old 01-04-2009, 09:57 PM   #10
MVP

cdon2k's Arena

OVR: 20

They're making me sad that I don't have a decent football game to play.... and the colts lost so....
Old 01-05-2009, 12:11 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bison160
Sorry to de-rail this thread further, but in the spirit of the playoffs, I REALLY started craving some good football. And while APF2k8 is the only 360 football game I can stand, I needed some pro teams. I thought about picking up a used copy of madden, but downloaded the demo instead and remembered why it was I only rented the game this year, and quickly returned it.

So as my search continued, I dug a little deeper into my game drawer and there it was NFL 2k5. So I did a little research on getting this years rosters onto the 360, and an hour later I was playing my very own version of NFL 2k9. It is the greatest game Ive ever played. The atmosphere and presentation is amazing, and Im having the most fun ever with a franchise. And this is coming from someone who hates offline. My friend is controlling the vikings and me the 49ers. We are about halfway through the season, and its been the most fun Ive had in a sports game in well...4 years..lol

I truly forgot how well done that game was, and how good presentation acctually sucks you into playing offline. The next gen maddens have seriously drove me to HATE playing offline. So if you want to have a truly authentic NFL experience, just find a copy of 2k5, go get some rosters, and enjoy!
While I'm a Madden dude through and through the last football game I really got excited about was 2k5...I can recall playing online with friends and watching the replays of penalties and actually seeing the clip or the holding call...Madden 2006 had me hyped graphically but nothing since 2k5 has held my attention...The only problem with 2k5 was the DT glitch and the robotic animations with players running like they had a LOAD in their pants
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2009, 02:50 AM   #12
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by edubbs
The only thing the the NFL Playoffs have done is, remind me of how far the Madden franchise really has to go in order to simulate the NFL.

Watching the Ravens game today when Willis broke that long run in the 4th. One of the 1st things I thought about was, how Madden doesn't even have fatigue in the game.

The Ravens pounded the ball for 3 qtrs. and then broke the long one with a fresh back in the 4th.

Impossible to do realisticly in Madden, because of the lack of fatigue.

How in the world can you simulate the NFL without a working fatigue engine?

And don't get me started on the lack of real team tendacies, horrible animations, and such.

Getting the Madden franchise right, is a 2-3 year project at the rate EA is going.

There are just waaay too many 'fundamental' things wrong with the franchise to expect a HUGE leap in one Dev. cycle IMO.

Visually the game is awesome. Outside of that, the game doesn't replicate NFL football that well at all.
Great post.... Exactly what I thought as well.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 01-05-2009, 11:22 PM   #13
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dat swag

QB Play - I'm telling you if I was in the same room with one of these fools who continually rolls or sprints out I might hurt that person...I will not be happy with this game until there is a complete commitment to the QB position that requires us to have skill to pass and incorporates the strengths and weaknesses that each individual NFL QB posses. The day we have to respect the pocket and be rewarded for standing tall in the pocket will be a monumental day in Madden Football.
That's exactly what my biggest pet peeve in the game is; In my opinion it's the one thing if corrected, would make the game a more realistic depiction of NFL football. The problem is, the QBs are super human. They can throw the ball accurately 50 yards down the field while on the run; that's impossible in real life. For QB's to throw accurately 50 yards and beyond, the need to have their feet set in order to step into the throw; 2k8 took that into account. You can sprint outside of the pocket in 2k8; however the passing icons are turned off while sprinting, and when your running throwing across you body and completing passes over 20 yards is improbable; most of the time the those passes are either incomplete or picked off. It madden, this types these types of throws are completed all the time.
Old 01-06-2009, 12:33 AM   #14
All Star

OVR: 33

Thats because in Madden, you have to scramble out of the pocket.

Remaining in the pocket, you'll get sacked and picked off all day.

Scrambling, you have time , better passing lanes, more open receivers, no superhuman lbs.

I don't like scrambling and throwing 50 yard bombs, but when its better off doing so than remaining in the pocket, well , it just makes sense to scramble.
Old 01-07-2009, 12:12 AM   #15
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
Thats because in Madden, you have to scramble out of the pocket.

Remaining in the pocket, you'll get sacked and picked off all day.

Scrambling, you have time , better passing lanes, more open receivers, no superhuman lbs.

I don't like scrambling and throwing 50 yard bombs, but when its better off doing so than remaining in the pocket, well , it just makes sense to scramble.
You can stay in the pocket( if you wanna call it that) in madden 09. I've done it; you can also roll out of the pocket and throw the ball 50 yards accurately down and across the field. That's unrealistic, no QB in the NFL is capable of the throws that are possible in madden.

It seems that EA, for the last two years has been trying to improve the defense's play;however, the QB's are superhuman, so the defenders are seemly becoming more superhuman to counter act that.

Last edited by Tito78; 01-07-2009 at 12:16 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2009, 06:47 AM   #16
All Star

OVR: 33

Yeah you can stay in the pocket, but its more advantageous to roll out.

No qb can throw on the sprint like in Madden. Even in last gen, if you tapped the sprint button at all before or during the throw, you'd throw a horrible pass EVERY time. Sprinting and throwing, you have no chance of completing a pass.

They made passing easier in next gen. Apparently sprinting has no effect on passing.

last gen had it right. Tap the sprint button and you're gone.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »