Home

Who's to Blame for Cheese Play?

This is a discussion on Who's to Blame for Cheese Play? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-12-2009, 03:01 AM   #33
All Star

OVR: 33
Re: Who's to Blame for Cheese Play?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tito78
You should be able to throw on the run; however, you shouldn't be able to throw while sprinting. QBs throw on the run, but they're not sprinting. Ian should take a page out of 2k8's book and make the passing icons dissappear when the QB is sprinting. QB's also should be able to throw the ball 50 yards while rolling out of the pocket.
Exactly my sentiment. Inaccurately on the run yes, but not pinpoint on the sprint.
Old 01-12-2009, 11:28 AM   #34
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
No scrambling out of the pocket, tap sprint and your pass is never completed.

That removes 80% of cheesing already.
As much as I detest scrambling your suggestion is extreme in the other direction.

The problem with Madden is the Quarterback position does not in anyway represent QB's in the NFL...Correction...it ONLY represents mobile QB's and for some reason gives mobile QB's excessive capabilities such as accuracy. This why you will see someone sub out the #1 guy and put the 3rd stringer in if the 3rd QB has 85 spd...There is no skill to throwing the ball in Madden and a pocket passer does not receive anything for the ability to manage and work the pocket.

The closest thing we had to requiring some skill to pass was the VISION CONE...Now alot of people had a problem with it but I thought it was a breath of fresh air and it definately forced people to read coverages and rething just throwing balls any which way. Even if you didn't like the Vision Cone which for most people ther problem was with the CONE itself...You had to respect the concept and what it was attempting to accomplish.

Now tell me this if they removed the BEAM OF LIGHT from the vision cone and continued to have laws of physics that governed completed passes would anyone still be crying...Probably only the clowns who want to hike and sprint straight backwards, then run left or right while completing passes.

IMO all the Madden Evils start with the QB position...When EA/Tiburon revamps the QB position and gives it a dose of reality thats the only time we will start to see realism in the game...then and only then
Old 01-12-2009, 11:35 AM   #35
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
Exactly my sentiment. Inaccurately on the run yes, but not pinpoint on the sprint.
Also keep in mind that Madden really doesn't even have true sprint out plays...The only time QB really rolls is outta boot action.

2K5 had true rollout plays that were designed for the QB to roll...Designed so well that the CPU did the first inaugural steps and once the roll action was complete the user took over. You could take over prior completion of the roll but there was really no reason to.

In some respects I really feel like Tiburon should take some of the initial QB movements outta our control such as the initial 3-5-7 step drops and any roll or sprint out action. Let the cpu take care o0f this intial steps then give us control after they are complete. Also if they did this while adding true roll/sprintout plays there would be no reason for people to hike and run...Because if you wanted to sprint out you'd just call a play that offers that instead of add libbing it every other play

Last edited by dat swag; 01-12-2009 at 11:38 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2009, 04:11 PM   #36
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dat swag
As much as I detest scrambling your suggestion is extreme in the other direction.

The problem with Madden is the Quarterback position does not in anyway represent QB's in the NFL...Correction...it ONLY represents mobile QB's and for some reason gives mobile QB's excessive capabilities such as accuracy. This why you will see someone sub out the #1 guy and put the 3rd stringer in if the 3rd QB has 85 spd...There is no skill to throwing the ball in Madden and a pocket passer does not receive anything for the ability to manage and work the pocket.

The closest thing we had to requiring some skill to pass was the VISION CONE...Now alot of people had a problem with it but I thought it was a breath of fresh air and it definately forced people to read coverages and rething just throwing balls any which way. Even if you didn't like the Vision Cone which for most people ther problem was with the CONE itself...You had to respect the concept and what it was attempting to accomplish.

Now tell me this if they removed the BEAM OF LIGHT from the vision cone and continued to have laws of physics that governed completed passes would anyone still be crying...Probably only the clowns who want to hike and sprint straight backwards, then run left or right while completing passes.

IMO all the Madden Evils start with the QB position...When EA/Tiburon revamps the QB position and gives it a dose of reality thats the only time we will start to see realism in the game...then and only then
Exactly, the superhuman ablities of the QB is the main problem with the game play. IMO it's the reason for the superhuman play of the defense the last two years. EA has been trying to level the playing field for the defense; however, to do that they have to make them superhuman to combat the QB's abilities on offense. If the QB is able to throw the ball anywhere on the field while sprinting at full speed, the defense will have to be superhuman to compete.

It's simple EA, penalize the QB for throwing when his feet aren't set.
Old 01-13-2009, 08:18 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 10

only people who cheese is the people who dont know realistic football nor how to play football and probably never played in a real football game!
Old 01-14-2009, 12:00 AM   #38
Banned

I sincerely hope they do something to fix the QB play.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »