Home

Will Tebow Be A QB In Madden 2010?

This is a discussion on Will Tebow Be A QB In Madden 2010? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 07:50 PM   #17
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Will Tebow Be A QB In Madden 2010?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marktg30
From what I keep hearing on ESPN Draft Talk, it seems like Tebow is supposedly more of an H-Back/TE.

Granted, McShay and Kiper aren't the best to base personell decisions on, what do you all think?

Maybe this would be a good opportunity for EA to open up substitutions at QB for TEs, WRs and RBs...

Considering 2008 was the year of the Wild(Insert animal name here) formation.
This is a great question. Im really upset that they feel Tebow is more of a TE or HB than a QB. I would love to see Mel Kipers comments when T.Brady was drafted, or Brandon jacobs.
What does he truly know.

I say Make him a QB, and if anything changes it can happen with the roster downloads we get when the NFL season Starts.

I predict Tebow is going to be QB in the NFL. He possess a Leaders attitude.

Last edited by Tyrant8RDFL; 01-08-2009 at 07:54 PM.
Old 01-08-2009, 08:00 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 6

Actually you're all wrong... he wont be a QB in Madden 2010...

he will be on in 2011.

There is little doubt in my mind that he will stay at UF. He should come back and win another National Title (cause tonight i think UF all the way)
Old 01-08-2009, 10:53 PM   #19
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
I think that's the best spot to draft a QB. I personally wouldn't start drafting QB's until between the 3rd and 6th rounds. Too many early round busts and too much invested because of spending first round money.
Eli Manning, McNabb, Jason Campbell, Brees, Matt Ryan, Aaron Rodgers, Hasselbeck, Pennington, Flacco, Carson Palmer, Roethlisberger, Brady Quinn, Peyton Manning, Kerry Collins, Rivers, Cutler, Russell. All 1st round or big name college qb's. Its a misconception that starters are found in the late rounds. Everyone remembers the 2nd day gems and the 1st day busts, but the truth is more 1st rounders start than anyone else, especially at qb. The exception is OL, where even undrafted guys start often. That's because technique is way more important at the professional level than athleticism at the ol position.

BTW, anyone watching the game can see that Tebow needs alot of work: slow delivery, big step, heavy feet, tunnel vision. He's a great college player in a unique offense that can beat with his style of running and is adequate in the passing game, but does not possess the elusivity of a scrambling nfl qb nor the polished technique, nor the quick reads to get to 2nd and 3rd receivers.

Last edited by shttymcgee; 01-08-2009 at 10:54 PM. Reason: typo
Old 01-08-2009, 10:57 PM   #20
All Star

OVR: 33

Somebody is gonna bite on Tebow.

There's so much hype around Tebow. Somebody is gonna take a shot and take him in the second as a QB.
Old 01-08-2009, 11:13 PM   #21
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by krc1130
Actually you're all wrong... he wont be a QB in Madden 2010...

he will be on in 2011.

There is little doubt in my mind that he will stay at UF. He should come back and win another National Title (cause tonight i think UF all the way)
what ever your smoking, don't stop cuz it must be intense

Tebow is as good as gone. As far as the NFL goes though, I could see him either becoming a pocket passer like McNabb did, or maybe even the next step in the evolution of the Wild Cat formation
Old 01-09-2009, 12:44 AM   #22
MVP

bigsmallwood's Arena

OVR: 37

Uhhh....What R U all smoking? Tebow is nowhere NEAR better than Mike Vick...Vick is one of the most UNDERRATTED QB's in the game. Tebow will not be successful as a QB in the NFL. He doesn't read defenses well and the NFL moves at a very fast pace with MANY different wrinkles. He is the product of a good "college system" thats about where it stops.
Old 01-09-2009, 01:22 AM   #23

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsmallwood
Uhhh....What R U all smoking? Tebow is nowhere NEAR better than Mike Vick...Vick is one of the most UNDERRATTED QB's in the game. Tebow will not be successful as a QB in the NFL. He doesn't read defenses well and the NFL moves at a very fast pace with MANY different wrinkles. He is the product of a good "college system" thats about where it stops.
ummm. when did he mention michael vick? And what were his ratings last year, I never saw him in the game?
Old 01-09-2009, 01:38 AM   #24
All Star

OVR: 33

Even so. Tebow is a great person. And you're better off after spending time with him.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »