Home

mike vick madden '10

This is a discussion on mike vick madden '10 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-17-2009, 03:39 PM   #81
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: mike vick madden '10

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainesdaddy
Point taken. Not jumpin on you just sick of some people being hippocrites thinking he did the worse thing a human being can do. sayin he's not this and not that when there other people in the league putitng up the same stats but they just win(kyle orton, Jake plummer), i hate double standards. And yes im a vick fan, but falcon fan first. as long as mike is a falcon im a fan, once he's not, im not thats the way i am. Speaking of adam jones, that guy just doesnt get it, he was that way here in high school, when he grows up, he going to regret a lot about what his career could have been, and whatever goodell does to mike is none of my concern, as long as he gets a second chance, matt ryan is my qb now. just so you know, i made mention of the link thing to bring attention to some of the felonies that players were involved in, and were either pushed aside, or the players are playing and no one brings those situations up as much as they do mike. and i understand its because he still serving and trying to get out early, but stop rehashing the whole story all the time, we know the story backwards and forwards.
I hear you homie. What sucks is what he is going to go through once he is released.
See what sucks is that if your truly sorry people still wont believe you. Once your stuck with something it takes time to get rid if it. Now the good news is that it can go away.

2 quick Examples

Kobe Bryant.
He had rape chargers. When this 1st surfaced he was harrassed to death everywhere he went, and he beat the case.

Jason Giambi
Got caught taking steroids. Heard it everywhere he went.

Now what did they do to wash it away.
They stood clean ever since, and in Giambi's case admitted it right away. He didnt lie and insult the intellignece of the people. Now since he didnt lie and get caught later on. (Roger Clemens anyone). He made it easy for people to move on from his situation.

Time heals all wounds, as long as Vick stays very clean. He committs ton of time to charity. He also can beat this. The brother just has to work hard it, and stay that way. Then in due time it will go away.

Remember he said he wasnt involved and then when he got cornered admitted it, so he will has to work alot harder than Giambi, but he can do it if he wants to.

Plus the media. The worst monster of them all. They can make matters alot worse.
If he knows how to play the game he can actually make the media work in his favor.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2009, 03:49 PM   #82
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
I hear you homie. What sucks is what he is going to go through once he is released.
See what sucks is that if your truly sorry people still wont believe you. Once your stuck with something it takes time to get rid if it. Now the good news is that it can go away.

2 quick Examples

Kobe Bryant.
He had rape chargers. When this 1st surfaced he was harrassed to death everywhere he went, and he beat the case.

Jason Giambi
Got caught taking steroids. Heard it everywhere he went.

Now what did they do to wash it away.
They stood clean ever since, and in Giambi's case admitted it right away. He didnt lie and insult the intellignece of the people. Now since he didnt lie and get caught later on. (Roger Clemens anyone). He made it easy for people to move on from his situation.

Time heals all wounds, as long as Vick stays very clean. He committs ton of time to charity. He also can beat this. The brother just has to work hard it, and stay that way. Then in due time it will go away.

Remember he said he wasnt involved and then when he got cornered admitted it, so he will has to work alot harder than Giambi, but he can do it if he wants to.

Plus the media. The worst monster of them all. They can make matters alot worse.
If he knows how to play the game he can actually make the media work in his favor.
While I agree there COULD be a chance that Vick beats the "Dogkiller" Title but I think it is extremely unlikely.

Kobe has been a stand-up kinda guy after the charges were dismissed and Giambi has played well enough for people to forget his steroid use.

However, Dogs are mans best friend for a reason. Ever notice that people seem to get really upset when hearing about the "murder" of a dog and sometimes some people are more upset over a dog death than a human death? People of the world just flat out love dogs (not everyone but a think a big majority of us do).

So Vick will always be associated with killing dogs regardless of how well he does IF he comes back. (I really wouldn't be suprised if someone beat the crap and/or shot him after he got out of jail, again people LOVE dogs)
Old 01-17-2009, 06:36 PM   #83
Banned

John Deadly's Arena

OVR: 2

I don't understand why some many people are dumb enough to believe that Vick will never play QB in the NFL again. Just stop and think for a second about how many sorry a$$ QB's there are in the league. At worst Vick can be a very good back up.
Old 01-17-2009, 09:50 PM   #84
All Star

OVR: 33

Vick has a long road to redemption. Only hard work with charity will help change his image.

Arthur Blank is going to support Vick's return, he's explicitly and publicly said so.

And i remember reading an article of a member of PETA saying that Vick can save face if he becomes an ambassador for PETA after his release.

The door is open for Vick's return. Whether he's commited to changing his life remains to be seen.
Old 01-17-2009, 10:18 PM   #85
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
Vick has a long road to redemption. Only hard work with charity will help change his image.

Arthur Blank is going to support Vick's return, he's explicitly and publicly said so.

And i remember reading an article of a member of PETA saying that Vick can save face if he becomes an ambassador for PETA after his release.

The door is open for Vick's return. Whether he's commited to changing his life remains to be seen.
yeah i saw a high ranking official say that. once again i am an animal lover, but i have a big problem with them, they imo are headline seekers, because if animal abuse is wrong, and you care about the animals no matter what, why is it they didnt jump on johnathan babineaux about throwing and slammin his girlfriends dog to death, and why must he be a spokesman for peta, why not all animal organizations. just a thought.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2009, 10:29 PM   #86
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by krc1130
While I agree there COULD be a chance that Vick beats the "Dogkiller" Title but I think it is extremely unlikely.

Kobe has been a stand-up kinda guy after the charges were dismissed and Giambi has played well enough for people to forget his steroid use.

However, Dogs are mans best friend for a reason. Ever notice that people seem to get really upset when hearing about the "murder" of a dog and sometimes some people are more upset over a dog death than a human death? People of the world just flat out love dogs (not everyone but a think a big majority of us do).

So Vick will always be associated with killing dogs regardless of how well he does IF he comes back. (I really wouldn't be suprised if someone beat the crap and/or shot him after he got out of jail, again people LOVE dogs)
yeah im wit ya there, but those guys, especially kobe ,were never thought to be anything negative. down here, vick was considered a "thug", cuz of baggy pants, cornrows, etc., before the drama. Many doubted kobe raped that girl (me included), it just didnt feel right. but ive said all along, when he lied to blank and goodell, they couldnt back him like they would have if he had come clean initially. also he didnt think he was doin anything wrong in his mind, thats a way of life up there.
Old 01-18-2009, 01:26 AM   #87
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated

Yea man he has to do something showcasing love for animals.

Like the brother mentioned before. There are alot of people that love dogs more than peeple, and the reasons why you cant argue with.

I quess some of us do agree he can make it back but with alot of work involved.
A WHOLE LOT!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »