Home

mike vick madden '10

This is a discussion on mike vick madden '10 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-11-2009, 03:03 AM   #41
All Star

OVR: 33
Re: mike vick madden '10

Like Joe Flacco, and Tom Brady, and Ben Rothlisberger, Vick was a 'winner'.

A winner is defined as someone who wins.

In the seasons where he wasn't injured and before his last catastrophic season, he had a great win percentage.

made the nfc championship game in his second year.

Dude was a beast. He was a decent QB.

QB's that are good are defined by their passsing and rushing ability.

And Atlanta's scheme did not suit Vick at all. He was rushing out of run formations. Instead of rushing out of pass formations.

Roddy White wasn't good yet. Petrino was terrble. And Warrick Dunn was like the same runner as Vick, only faster but less agile.

He needed a powerback that would compliment his speed. You gotta remember, Crumpler was a pro bowler when he was with Vick, now he's nothing in the Titans Offense.

Vick still has potential. He was clearly better than Vince Young. With a cannon like that, average accuracy, and that speed. And good coaching (something he's never really had imo), he can return to his former glory.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2009, 03:13 AM   #42
Banned

famousbanks's Arena

OVR: 3
Location: Newark, NJ but I got a summer spot on Saturn and a weekend joint on the Moon haha.

finally somebody that understands haha
Old 01-11-2009, 03:16 AM   #43
All Star

Haha. I loved Mike Vick back in the day. I would always watch the Falcons highlights and they were my second favorite team.

he was fun and electrifying to watch. Undoubtedly , the most exciting player in the game to me.

And the dude was a total beast in my madden franchise. His passing progressed nicely and turned into the ultimate dual threat.
Old 01-11-2009, 03:21 AM   #44
Banned

famousbanks's Arena

OVR: 3
Location: Newark, NJ but I got a summer spot on Saturn and a weekend joint on the Moon haha.

vick always was my favortie player .. I think in every madden since 04 his rating was never lower than 92 .. but in real life he was what lebron is to the nba IMO .. he was the first guy to beat favre and the pack in the frozen tundra cmon man hahaha
Old 01-11-2009, 07:26 AM   #45
MVP

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by famousbanks
why is everybody confusing vick with brad smith, matt jones, and antoine randell el? .. VICK IS A QB .. you know like tom brady, peyton manning, mcnabb .. vick never was put in the game to do trick plays or play wr when he was a starting pro bowl qb so why would he get demoted to that role now? .. he was 1 of the top 10 qbs in the league before jail wtf
All of the ones you mention were college QBs though. Smith could get a backup QB in my opinion, so could Randle El.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2009, 07:39 AM   #46
All Star

Vick certainly 'made it in the pro'. Not your prototypical pocket passer. Ala manning or palmer.

But he was the 1st pick of the draft wasn't he. and the highest paid player in the league. wasn't a bust like alex smith. joey harrington. ryan leaf.

Played at a high level at the quarterbacking position. NOt the passing position per se.

I think that says a lot about his potential and how much better he was than most doubters think.
Old 01-11-2009, 03:24 PM   #47
Banned

OVR: 25

Men fall down sometimes, its at those times when a man realizes who he is, what he can be, and what he has to do in order to become the man he wants to be...and the first step is to get back up.

It takes the best of a man to get back up after a hard fall, when most men stay down & make excuses, or blame others for the fall...a truely humbled man says very little...and goes about the business of doing an aweful lot in a hurry.

I have found it in my heart to forgive the murderer of my own brother, as have many other people. And when others hear me say this they agree that its the best thing for me to do. Yet, as a society we can't embrace a rehabilitated Mike Vick? Why then is there no such out cry for the imprisonment & rejection of the two co-defendents who actually committed the bulk of these crimes?

Are we more angry at Vick because of his celebrity? His Wealth? And his percieved privilaged status as a pro football player?

If this man has served his dept to society, then he has every right according to the laws of our land to return to his profession...no matter what groups, or organizations have to say about it.

If teams don't want his services, they are not obligated to hire him. However, for any team that does want to hire him...they should be allowed to do so without slander or label.

End of story...

Last edited by Guillotine 1; 01-11-2009 at 08:37 PM.
Old 01-11-2009, 05:26 PM   #48
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillotine 1
Men fall down sometimes, its at those times when a man realizes who he is, what he can be, and what he has to do in order to become the man he wants to be...and the first step is to get back up.

It takes the best of a man to get back up after a hard fall, when most men stay down & make excuses, or blame others for the fall...a truely humbled man says very little...and goes about the business of doing an aweful lot in a hurry.

I have found it in my heart to forgive the murderer of my own brother, as have many other people. And when others hear me say this they agree that its the best thing for me to do. Yet, as a society we can't embrace a rehabilitated Mick Vick? Why then is there no such out cry for the imprisonment & rejection of the two co-defendents who actually committed the bulk of these crimes?

Are we more angry at Vick because of his celebrity? His Wealth? And his percieved privilaged status as a pro football player?

If this man has served his dept to society, then he has every right according to the laws of our land to return to his profession...no matter what groups, or organizations have to say about it.

If teams don't want his services, they are not obigated to hire him. However, for any team that does want to hire him...they should be allowed to do so without slander or label.

End of story...
Great post. I admire your forgiveness.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »