Home

mike vick madden '10

This is a discussion on mike vick madden '10 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-15-2009, 06:53 PM   #65
MVP

bowdown2shadi's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: mike vick madden '10

Quote:
Originally Posted by skudplayr
Are we forgetting that Vick will be practically 30 by the time he's back in the league...he won't be as quick or elusive as he once was. Look at guys like Mike Williams and Mo Clarett. They were out of football for one year and they lost most of their abilities. Vick will be out for likely 3 years...good luck
We have to wait and see. None of us forgot about that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2009, 07:34 PM   #66
All Star

OVR: 33

True. He is 30. And we don't know what he's been up to in prison.

I would still think he'd be workin out and playin flag football, though no where near the level of pros.

Whether he's lost his luster is still to be decided.
Old 01-15-2009, 11:17 PM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
Here is one link that specifially states that Vick is going to plead guilty to DogFighting.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/law/08/27...ick/index.html

Here is another explainng why the charge gave him a longer sentence than usual

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...nn/12/10/vick/

And here is one more article explaining clearly that Vick went to prison on dogfighting charges.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3148549
Bottom line he went to jail for Dogfighting.
question. do u have the links discussing the following?
leonard little killing a women while driving drunk
ray lewis being involved in a double murder
patrick kerney at home sleep while a women was raped at his home
johnathan babineaux killing his girlfriend's dog violently.

according to what im hearing(reading), killing dogs is way worse than what three of these guys did. and if you try to convince me that it is.................WOW!!!! Was michael vick, the face of the league, the new prototype qb, that everyone is still trying to find. im sure u love tebow, another running qb that cant read defense's from his gimmick offense, while being an inconsistent passer. his lack of speed is why he will be a tight end. all mike did was win in a crappy offense with no line, and no speck of a defense. what mike did was waaaaayyyyy wrong, but not the absolute worst. there are plenty of guys in the league doin worse things or done worse things. harrison for example. allegedly yes, but the fact that he put himself in that situation. he was considered goody goody, but no one has called him a thug, though mike was called a thug because of cornrolls, baggy jeans, t shirts. harrison supposedly shot into a crowd, if thats not thuggish, he at least hangs with em and you are the company you keep. just say you dont like mike. sorry for the rant, first o.j. now this, move on. oh tom brady has an illigitimate son he doesnt claim, good thing he didnt kill a dog, THEN he'd be a bad person.
Old 01-15-2009, 11:36 PM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heelblue702
His QB rating is lifetime 75.7 and his completion percentage is 53.% so his effectiveness as a QB can be debated. No one will question his running ability but many were questioning his decision making in the passing game before he left, which could be a reason Roddy White didn't develop.

One thing we can't debate is whether or not Petrino had any affect on Mike Vick seeing how Vick never played for him. He did however play for Dan Reeves and Jim Mora Jr. The latter tried his best to tailor his offense to Vick, adding plays that fit Vicks strengths. So the offense excuse is stupid. Also don't bring up Crumpler and act like his downfall was Vick leaving without mentioning the fact that he had injuries that were deemed so serious by some teams that he failed physicals this off season.

Does he have more potential than Vince Young? He did, I don't know about now. But Vince isn't exactly setting the world on fire.

A powerback to compliment his style? That doesn't even make sense. Dunn did his job and well. Vick had success running the ball alongside him no one can despute that. A powerback would not have fixed ANY of the problems Vick had in the passing game, his most glaring weakness.
another stat guy.being a season ticket holder YOURE WRONG. that offense was not tailored to his strenths, his qb rated was inthe low 90's out of the pocket, he was dropping back 80% of the time, we as fans wanted more rollouts for mike to make the defense make a decision, nada. red zone offense, no rollout on pass plays. vickm had young recievers, in order to have a good completion %, they have to CATCH the ball, they didnt do it often enuff, dont think so? a tight end with one knee was your leading receiver EVERY YEAR with 50 some odd catches. the birds and the bucs had very similar offenses, GRUDEN was quoted as saying he'd CHANGE his ENTIRE offense if he had vick, i would think from that statement, the offense was not a fit, and the wildcat we had before it became real popular was called 2 maybe 3 times a game. so please stop.
Old 01-16-2009, 12:19 AM   #69

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainesdaddy
GRUDEN was quoted as saying he'd CHANGE his ENTIRE offense if he had vick,
Yes, every coach would have to change their entire offense if they had Vick because he is not traditional in any way shape or form...And that is not a good thing so I wouldn't look too far into that quote.

As a Falcon fan I would think you would be happy with your new quarterback instead...I know i would.
Old 01-16-2009, 12:49 AM   #70
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainesdaddy
question. do u have the links discussing the following?
leonard little killing a women while driving drunk
ray lewis being involved in a double murder
patrick kerney at home sleep while a women was raped at his home
johnathan babineaux killing his girlfriend's dog violently.

according to what im hearing(reading), killing dogs is way worse than what three of these guys did. and if you try to convince me that it is.................WOW!!!! Was michael vick, the face of the league, the new prototype qb, that everyone is still trying to find. im sure u love tebow, another running qb that cant read defense's from his gimmick offense, while being an inconsistent passer. his lack of speed is why he will be a tight end. all mike did was win in a crappy offense with no line, and no speck of a defense. what mike did was waaaaayyyyy wrong, but not the absolute worst. there are plenty of guys in the league doin worse things or done worse things. harrison for example. allegedly yes, but the fact that he put himself in that situation. he was considered goody goody, but no one has called him a thug, though mike was called a thug because of cornrolls, baggy jeans, t shirts. harrison supposedly shot into a crowd, if thats not thuggish, he at least hangs with em and you are the company you keep. just say you dont like mike. sorry for the rant, first o.j. now this, move on. oh tom brady has an illigitimate son he doesnt claim, good thing he didnt kill a dog, THEN he'd be a bad person.
If the topic was in reference to the people you mentioned then yes I can get a link, but it was on Vick. I also provided those links cause someone stated he went to jail for other chargers not related to the dog fighting, and I was providing info.

I see your a big Vick fan, and so im I. Im just stating what I feel is going to happen and relaying what was said.

It is said when Vick is released from Prison he will also has to face a suspension from the NFL. Roger Goodell handles the NFL very stricly, and is known for giving down harsh punishments. Now do you believe he is going to just let Vick back into the NFL just like that? Not many do. Pacman faced tough suspensions and he was never convicted.
Vick was convicted and lied to Mr. Goodell directly when Goodell intereviewed Vick on the chargers when it 1st surfaced.

You ask if killing a dog is worse than killing a person? There are some people that do think killing helpless animlas is a bad as killing a human. Once Vick is out these people will be putting alot of pressure on the NFL. Thats also can weigh in on how Goodell wants to handle this.

Vicks has a very tough road ahead of him. The man was sitting high in the sports world. He got caught. He is now doing his time, and if he is truly sorry for what he did, then he deserves a 2nd chance. Unfortunately sometimes its not that easy.
Thats my point.
Old 01-16-2009, 01:30 AM   #71
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

Probably on the FA list.

I think he'll end up on a team just not in time to be on a default roster in Madden. Especially now with Tebow and Bradford staying and there being plenty of teams that did well enough that they probably won't get be able to get a QB with their pick but need one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2009, 03:22 AM   #72
All Star

OVR: 33

Ooh. Yay fa list.

First thing when I hit up franchise: Sign M.Vick QB.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »