Home

Panthers vs Cardinals

This is a discussion on Panthers vs Cardinals within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-10-2009, 11:47 PM   #9
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Panthers vs Cardinals

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastershake88
lol ya'll watching nfl gameday right now? deion is keeping it real man...lol...

Na man I cant I have cable not satellite, but Ill watch it later on the internet. You can watch everything from NFL network on the Internet, just not live.
Old 01-11-2009, 02:33 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 8

So glad that 10 HD show these games in Australia
NHL - New Jersey Devils
Old 01-11-2009, 10:01 AM   #11
Pro

jacory12's Arena

OVR: 12

They do this good, and only 78 on madden? They deserve AT LEAST 80 or above.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2009, 10:06 AM   #12
All Star

OVR: 33

Cardinals are definitely 78 in madden 09. Re: 07-08 record.
Old 01-11-2009, 02:58 PM   #13
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

I wonder why the say that the Eagles are the Giants of last season.

If anything I would say the Cardinals, and this is why.

The Giants went into the post season losing 2 fo 3, and no one gave them a shot.

The Eagles went into the playoffs red hot winning 4 of thier last 5 gms, and was the favorite on the road in Minnesota.

Giants were never the favorite.

The Cards went into the playoffs losing 2 of 3 like the Giants, and have been the underdog and the team that has been predicted not to go far at all in the playoffs, just like the Giants last year.

Giants winning it all last year was not expected but after seeing the playoffs unfold you sense destiny. With the Eagles if they pull it off It more like hey they are a damn good team but didnt sneak under the radar like the Giants did. Now if the Cards pull this off . OMG its one of the biggest surprises in NFL football History.

That is why I see the Cards more related to what the Giants did then the Eagles.
Old 01-11-2009, 03:23 PM   #14
Rookie

ianlast's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_Young_EA
I love Warner from his Rams days. This is great to see. I think this win puts him in the HOF. What do you all think?
Based on this win? Not a chance. Jake Delhomme was hands down the deciding factor in this game, one of the worst performances I've EVER seen from a QB in ANY game (forget about the magnitude of the game). Not to take anything away from Arizona, but seriously, it looked like they either had the Panthers playbook, or Delhomme had been told to throw the game. I say that only half-jokingly; there's simply no explaining how he threw 4 of those 5 interceptions.

By the way, I'm not a Panthers fan. Just stunned at how badly Delhomme unravelled in that game.

Anyways, back to your comment. If Warner leads the Cardinals to a SB, then he merits consideration. Failing that, I seriously doubt it. There is a serious hole in his resume (2002-2007), and I think that would be enough to turn alot of HOF voters against inducting him.
Old 01-11-2009, 04:57 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 27

Had Warner won MVP it would've been a lock. No way you win that 3-Times and not make the hall. With that said, I think they picked the MVP award prematurely this year. I remember the season Rich Gannon won it, they wait until after the AFC Championship Game and I thought that was smart. If it's a QB race, and you have a bunch of QB's in the playoff all with high numbers and have been the centerpiece to their team, it's probably better to wait to see who falls first before selecting the MVP.

I understand why Warner was knocked out of consideration, because the Cards had dropped so many games to end the season, and Manning was on that 9-game winning streak and playing well. But still. A case could be made for Philip Rivers, too. He's had a heck of a season.

Warner making the SB again may get him in. If he has a big game and loses he might even be able to have a case. If he wins it, it's a lock.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2009, 05:47 PM   #16
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
Had Warner won MVP it would've been a lock. No way you win that 3-Times and not make the hall. With that said, I think they picked the MVP award prematurely this year. I remember the season Rich Gannon won it, they wait until after the AFC Championship Game and I thought that was smart. If it's a QB race, and you have a bunch of QB's in the playoff all with high numbers and have been the centerpiece to their team, it's probably better to wait to see who falls first before selecting the MVP.

I understand why Warner was knocked out of consideration, because the Cards had dropped so many games to end the season, and Manning was on that 9-game winning streak and playing well. But still. A case could be made for Philip Rivers, too. He's had a heck of a season.

Warner making the SB again may get him in. If he has a big game and loses he might even be able to have a case. If he wins it, it's a lock.
I agree its best to wait till the season is done to see who the MVP is.

I think alot has to be taken into account to see who the MVP is for a team, and its at various positions not just the QB position. McNabb should be under considertaion also. I like Rivers the way he has kept it together even when the team was 4-8. Warner has done a good job , payton played like crap in the 1st 4 games rebounds than gets bumped in the 1st rd. Rivers played solid even when they were 4-8. Helped his team win 4 in a row.They also had to win a game on the raod to win the division. Now what team beat Peyton's team in the playoffs? Rivers.

I agree watcher the MVP award is done way to premature.

I mean what would the Ravens be like without ED REED on the defense, or Fitzgerald on the Cardinals? Anyone of those guys are not playing. I can pretty much say those teams would not be in the Conference Champioships this year.

MVP can go to anyone , but you have to evaluate the entire season.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »