Home

Is Madden 2010 Going to Deliver???

This is a discussion on Is Madden 2010 Going to Deliver??? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-12-2009, 10:21 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 29
Re: Is Madden 2010 Going to Deliver???

I think it will almost deliver... If there were just an overhaul on Franchise mode I would be set.
Old 01-12-2009, 11:02 PM   #18
MVP

redsfan4life's Arena

OVR: 16

i'm sure I will be at Gamestop on August 11th just like the rest of you. I'm still enjoying '09 on PS2.
Old 01-12-2009, 11:27 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sef0r
Ian, a quote from page 1 saying you don't have anyone left over from the 07, 08 or 09 teams. What happened? Did they all get let go because of differences in vision or too many egos clashing?

I did not know this and now my hope that this is going to deliver is even higher. OH NO...I am buying into the pre info release hype....oh no....
The previous lead designer actually left EA on his own accord (though he had already decided he didn't want to work on Madden 10), and the other designers were just assigned to other teams (Madden Wii, EA Fantasy football, etc) when I came on board. I don't think it was anything to do with egos or anything, I just think everyone wanted to be on a new project. I can't speak for everyone, but I know was dying to work on Madden...and most of the folks that had been on the team for 07/08/09 actually wanted a change of scenery. Nothing too crazy...just mixing things up.
Old 01-13-2009, 12:44 AM   #20
MVP

bigsmallwood's Arena

OVR: 37
Thumbs up Re: Is Madden 2010 Going to Deliver???

So I hope the new "Mix Up" for Madden 10' Leads to extraordinary results. Madden 09' was/is not a bad game, it just was lacking in key areas. The AI of course has room for growth...the Madden IQ has the opportunity to be great, but it needs serious tweeking. Player progression has to mirror the real NFL. If a player is having a breakout season, his stats should reflect it throughout the season, playoffs and franchise. WE WILL SEE! I am excited to see what it will have to offer and hope to make one more Madden purchase that is worth my while, minus the needing of a patch 2 weeks after release! LOL

PS> If you need any feedback, I have been playing Madden, like most other football gamers, for a long time and am willing to contribute ideas and give GOOD constructive thoughts as opposed to bashing.
Old 01-13-2009, 04:40 AM   #21
MVP

OVR: 27

I believe it can.

If not, I'll be saying bye-bye. But I've got Gameday, I've got Madden 98, I've got Tecmo Bowl, I've got 2K5. I'll be okay.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2009, 09:40 AM   #22
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsmallwood
I don't want Madden 2010 to be 09' repackaged with a only a few cheap add-ons. I REALLY want them to deliver
I'm just the opposite. If Madden 2010 was 09 repackaged with excellent realistic game play and a much improved franchise mode with no new added gimmicks, I'd be fine with it.
Old 01-13-2009, 09:43 AM   #23
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

I believe that Madden '10 will deliver based upon my expectations.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 01-13-2009, 10:49 AM   #24
MVP

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
The previous lead designer actually left EA on his own accord (though he had already decided he didn't want to work on Madden 10), and the other designers were just assigned to other teams (Madden Wii, EA Fantasy football, etc) when I came on board. I don't think it was anything to do with egos or anything, I just think everyone wanted to be on a new project. I can't speak for everyone, but I know was dying to work on Madden...and most of the folks that had been on the team for 07/08/09 actually wanted a change of scenery. Nothing too crazy...just mixing things up.
Maybe that was part of the problem. When your heart's not in something, it's difficult to give maximum effort. That goes for anything. It sounds like the former developers were ready to move on. Since you seem to be really excited to be working on the game, I think the finished product may very well reflect that enthusiasm.

New York Giants- 1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007.

PSN ID- matt8204

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »