Home

Ian, please penalize the QB for throwing when his feet aren't set.

This is a discussion on Ian, please penalize the QB for throwing when his feet aren't set. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 10:53 AM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Ian, please penalize the QB for throwing when his feet aren't set.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuJoiseySoulja
Madden 2009 and still these problems have not yet been corrected? I do not understand... they finally got rid of those developers and brought in new ones (Ian and Co.), so hopefully this game can have physics and bring us 2Kers into Madden, but I somehow doubt it will ever happen because of the differences in the games.

NFL 2K CurrentGen is still superior than Madden CurrentGen, obviously graphics and the gameplay (in my hands feels better). 2K has a scramble rating and it is very hard to throw with Jake Delhomme on the run, his scramble rating is a 10. Compared to someone like McNabb or Michael Vick who have like 99 Scramble, they almost never miss their recievers, especially McNabb who has better accuracy and composure. Heart rating is in 2K aswell, under the attribute called "Leadership". Brett Favre has 99 Leadership, so he will do better when down in the 4th quarter, as opposed to Brian Griese or Kelly Holcomb who have like 44 Leadership.

Conclusion: They need to just copy that old game and boom it will be a success. Don't try to make it different, cause we 2Kers need something to play too. Remember this EA, you robbed us from playing a high quality game. On the flipside, if 2K bought the license, Madden would be extinct.. in exile. Madden 2005 was so broken, it wasn't even funny. Clock didn't stop on penalites or when you went out of bounds, I mean come on. Even when you guys had the competition, you still couldn't nail it. Madden's gameplay is superior cause its the longest running title of football games and people grew up with it on the Sega Genesis - so it is something you're used to. 2K didn't come out till the Sega Dreamcast days and was my first football game 2K1 and I grew up with those control configurations and when I pick up a controller to play Madden, to me it sucks.

So enough lecture, just steal 2K's ideas - PLEASE!
THIS DOESNT GET US ANY CLOSER TO GETTING A BETTER MADDEN!

This is always so annoying. 2k5 was obviously a better game. But do ya think Ian and Co. want to hear bout it ALL THE TIME?

Talking about how great 2k was will not make Madden any better, so i think that we should all talk about how to improve Madden instead of 2k5.
Old 01-18-2009, 11:02 AM   #58
Banned

OVR: 12

This video is a prime example of how super human the QBs in madden are; Eli Manning sprints to his left to avoid pressure, flips his hips and throws the ball about 60 yards down the field. He didn't even have to step into the throw.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCHa5...eature=related

No QB is capable of making this throw.
Old 01-18-2009, 12:17 PM   #59
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Talking about how great 2k was will not make Madden any better, so i think that we should all talk about how to improve Madden instead of 2k5.
Just make the game Madden 2K10. half madden, half 2k.
Old 01-18-2009, 02:05 PM   #60
Banned

arichzona's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankrizzo380
lmao, here's some wood for this fire for all u guys who said throwing across ur body should be impossible
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qbwiuz9utmI
p.s. timing routes= great idea guys!!!!!!!!!!!
at least give up a video of a guy actually throwing the ball across his body. Feet planted, turned his upper body and actually (can look at it again) threw the ball a little from the outside of his body, not across. Across means the arm passed in front of the body...releasing the ball towards the opposite shoulder.
Old 01-18-2009, 02:15 PM   #61
Banned

arichzona's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by krc1130

This is always so annoying. 2k5 was obviously a better game. But do ya think Ian and Co. want to hear bout it ALL THE TIME?

If they are truly competitive...and are truly driven to make a difference... they should embrace the things we all rave about from a last-gen, nearly 4 yr old game. I could not care less if they like hearing about how great 2k was and how Madden has blown for years.

If he were me... I would take great pride in being the name at the top of the list of the game that made everyone forget about 2k. I would love to be the one responsible for setting the new standard. If someone told you that you sucked and asked you over and over why you are not better? why can you not be like this guy? Would you not bust your *** to be better and make them eattheir words?

Can you think of a better way to shut all of us up who bash it year after year?

Last edited by arichzona; 01-18-2009 at 02:19 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2009, 03:34 PM   #62
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Can you think of a better way to shut all of us up who bash it year after year?
You guys at EA asked for it, you robbed us 2Kers of our game now we want you to make Madden similar to 2K in ways to draw us to a new football game. You think I like playing the same old game with updated rosters? In a way I do, because it saves me money but I want the graphics for NextGen.

You can't pull me or any other gamer away from from the 5 year old NFL 2K5 (excuse me for being blunt) then your game obviously stinks.
Old 01-18-2009, 07:55 PM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthreemafia
Uhh, Ben Roethlisberger?

He makes good throws on the run, falling down, across his body...

Not every time, but more than any other QB in the league.

If EVERY QB in Madden is only good throwing when their feet are set, the game will suck.

Im not saying they should throw just as good on the run, but there should be a THROW ON RUN or UNBALANCED THROW rating that all QBs should have.
That's the problem - Madden has a very limited set of attributes to affect the outcome of every play, and every player in the Madden universe is treated fairly, and progresses steadily with extended playing time, regardless of actual talent and intellect. There's no room in Madden for random and rapid progression or regression, or for any "intangibles." Sure, they've tried to address this with the "Roles" - they say if you have a "mentor" on the field, younger players at that position will play better, but has anyone noticed? I've tried signing such players specifically to try to speed up the development of young players, but there's no noticible difference in the youngsters' performance with a so-called "mentor" present vs. without him there. In real life, the presence of 1 player can make a huge difference (see the Colts defense with and without Bob Sanders playing). That doesn't happen in Madden.

Madden refuses to acknowledge that some players, no matter how much they play, no matter how many times they touch the ball, they simply will not become superstars (Matt Leinart, Ryan Leaf, Tim Couch, KiJana Carter, etc). It also refuses to acknowledge that sometimes, players drafted late, or discarded by other teams DO become superstars (Marques Colston, James Harrison, or Ryan Grant, anyone?). Heck, there's not even an option for a practice squad, or for players to come out of retirement (or be talked out of retiring).

It's telling that when you switch difficulty levels from All-Pro to All-Madden (at least on my PS2 console), the CPU doesn't play smarter - it just plays faster and surer. It catches balls that it may have dropped in All-Pro. Slow TEs outrun human-controlled speedster CBs, turning 5-yard dump-offs into 60-yard TDs. Scat backs shed 300-pound tacklers in the backfield to turn a 2-yard loss into a 20-yard gain. This is not how things should be. A player who runs a 4.25 should always outrun one who runs a 4.7 in a footrace, regardless of the difficulty setting. The difference should be in the schemes, the ability of the defenders to read routes and get into position to make a play, or for QBs to read defenses and find an open receiver. On All-Madden, a CPU QB should go through his progression and find the open man, not shrug off a 350-pound DT, then thread the needle into triple coverage to a backup WR who plucks the ball out of a defender's hands, spins and jukes out of the crowd, and outruns the field on his way to a score. But EA/Tiburon, et al would rather make the simple across-the-board ratings boost instead of actually doing the hard work of creating a complex AI system.

That's the root problem for most, if not all, of the shortcomings of Madden's gameplay, including QBs who throw 50-yard strikes across their bodies on a dead run.
Old 01-18-2009, 08:05 PM   #64
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuJoiseySoulja
You guys at EA asked for it, you robbed us 2Kers of our game now we want you to make Madden similar to 2K in ways to draw us to a new football game. You think I like playing the same old game with updated rosters? In a way I do, because it saves me money but I want the graphics for NextGen.

You can't pull me or any other gamer away from from the 5 year old NFL 2K5 (excuse me for being blunt) then your game obviously stinks.
its funny, if a thread stays around here long enough, it always ends up being Madden vs 2k5. Since you love NFL 2k5 So much, Go play it and leave the people who want to make Madden a Better game alone. Threads like these should be used to Constructive Criticism or Ideas. Instead the Usual 2k fanboys come in here and Hijack the thread and turn it into this crap.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »