Home

Does Madden 2010 Need Referees?

This is a discussion on Does Madden 2010 Need Referees? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Should There Be Referees in Madden 2010?
Yes 63 92.65%
No 5 7.35%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-14-2009, 04:53 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Does Madden 2010 Need Referees?

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
lol...

people now claiming that refs aren't important but knowing damn well if they weren't included in '10, they would be here about there being no refs.

And I'm sorry, but lets not say only focus on gameplay and get to atmosphere next time, lets not make it a choice. Its the 5th installment of Madden on next gen, it needs everything. No tradeoffs, no we'll forgo this to get that, none of that BS. I want it all. Refs, FG nets, cheerleaders, presentation, gameplay, and a franchise mode thats not barebones.

Its time and we're due.
I could not agree more. My days of compromising with the Madden and NCAA football series are over.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2009, 10:40 PM   #42
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
especially considering fg nets are already there..
Meant it as a joke/being sarcastic (a bad joke at that - although I remember hearing people complain about how the nets were implemented)

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 01-14-2009, 11:04 PM   #43
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
Meant it as a joke/being sarcastic (a bad joke at that - although I remember hearing people complain about how the nets were implemented)
my bad man, I totally missed that one.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 01-15-2009, 12:29 AM   #44
Banned

arichzona's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Progenitor
Because you're talking about Current Gen, I'm talking about last Gen,.
It took them the whole Generation (02 - 06) to get Last Gen's gameplay ( still not perfect) up to everyone's liking.
I'll give you an example of my yearly conversation's with the 100%er's

(Madden 03)
Me- Hey EA, you think maybe we can get some better crowd reactions? or some type of Pre Game/Halftime shows?
100% ers - Man, EA needs to worry about not making RB's so dominant and defenses actually playing smart. Then we can talk about MAYBE looking into that.
Me- Yeah, you know what, your right, mabye next year.

(Madden 04)
ME - Gee, sure would be nice to get some halftime/ Pre Game Shows, or even some packed sidelines
100%'s - Halftime shows? Sidelies? Forget that crap, We got Vick running all over the damn place unrealistically, and you're worried about halftime shows?
Me - You're right, mabye next year

(05)
Me - Sure would be nice to get those handtowels, new commentators, Halftime show or something now.
100%'s - Again with this nonsense from you? Jesus, we got CB's jumping 50 feet in the freaking air knocking passes down, and you're worried about some stupid new commentary crap.
Me- Yeah, you're right, my bad, mabye next year.

Next Gen arrives (So last Generation goes by without any presentation upgrades outside of Franchise Papers and Radio show)

Enter Madden (06-08) even I agree, gameplay was soooooooo bad, even a presentation guy like myself turned into 100%er for a minute.

Madden (09)
Me - Soooo, you think we can spend a good amount of time with uniform accessories, crowd reactions, Halftime shows, good commentary now?
100%ers -Goooooood GOD Man, you again? You're getting annoying. Why should EA be wasting development time when the Oline dosent block right and We got QB's on Auto Robot? Get back in your Hole loser..
ME- You're right, mabye next year.......

Are you seeing a pattern here?
A guy posted this thread for Ref's to be included, I mean, something small, and he was ripped to shreds by the 100%ers aka "Who cares about freaking refs,gameplay sucks"
By the time EA fixes gameplay and eveyones complaints, it will be next or close to Next Gen (PS4)
And we'll start that whole process over.
Which means we'll never have balls to walls Presentation, just whatever could be put together in spare time if the 100%ers had their way.
Thanfully Ian is a 50%er.
I see your frustration and understand that those were not with me. I have been frustrated year in, year out with this game since the first installment of the series and I want the whole damn thing. I want the best damn representation of Sundays that is possible so i don't feel as if I completely wasted my money a month after release. The package is John Madden Football, I kind of figured that at the core, it should be football. Playing in HS and College I saw no presentation, paid no attention to a guys wristbands, handtowels, and saw no halftime shows.

From a presentation standpoint I have seen nothing better than 2k5 and that is sad....I still love the presentation value that it brings to the table but the gameplay and graphics of Madden has topped it (IMO) so now 2k5 sits on the shelf, despite the fact that I would watch every highlight and halftime clip in 2k5, I loved it!

Like you eluded to, there needs to be a balance.
Like CB eluded to: there MUST be atmosphere

IMO, if I get gamplay I can flip on the radio or stereo in the background and mute the TV as I know I am missing nothing... been doing it for a while (sadly). Do I want EA to add everything else? sure.... I said that in my earlier post. My problem lies in the fact that I have almost no confidence in them to deliver 100% of the package.....50%? yes.

... and that is the problem.

Last edited by arichzona; 01-15-2009 at 12:38 AM.
Old 01-15-2009, 01:20 AM   #45
All Star

OVR: 33

Since we must focus 100% of Ea's resources on gameplay. Fire the 90% of programmers that don't work on gameplay.

All aspects of the game must progress at an equal rate each year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2009, 01:41 AM   #46
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Details
Madden 06, 07, 08, and 09 needed referees.

I look forward to finally putting this topic to rest when Madden 10 is released, because Madden 10 will have referees. I'm confident about that.
Do you know something we don't buddy? I sure hope you're right though.
Old 01-15-2009, 01:49 AM   #47

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by g2thecore
Do you know something we don't buddy? I sure hope you're right though.
read post #8 in this thread.
Old 01-15-2009, 02:30 AM   #48
MVP

blklightning's Arena

OVR: 9

yes.

"if it's in the game..."

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »