Home

Spawning madden 09 from PSP to PS2?

This is a discussion on Spawning madden 09 from PSP to PS2? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-13-2009, 12:05 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Spawning madden 09 from PSP to PS2?

Does anyone know if this feature is still around. Spawning was a cool feature that they had before from EA. It allowed you to play your franchise game on the go. In other words you can play a game on PSP transfer the file over to the PSP and play a game on that system and transfer it back. I know it was in 07 I was just wondering if it was in 08 or 09. I just got the PSP with Madden and I still have a PS2 I was wondering if it still has this feature. I know very few people around here still play the PS2 but just in case I thought I would ask. Thanks for your help.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2009, 01:09 PM   #2
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: Spawning madden 09 from PSP to PS2?

I know it is for 08, but not sure about 09. It should say on the back of the PSP box.

And, there's actually quite a few people that still play the PS2 version. It's regarded as the best version of Madden this year, along with the original Xbox.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 01-13-2009, 02:31 PM   #3
Rookie

Thanks for the info, I know I have heard that about the PS2 version also I think at least for me getting a PS3 or 360 is not worth it. PS2 games look worse but I have an old tv and I just think it's not worth it for me until I upgrade my tv. I just don't have 1,000 to get a new system and a new tv. I have Madden 08 for both PSP and PS2 do you know how to spawn the games I can't figure it out. I remeber how easy it was to spawn NBA Live but doing it for Madden is a bit harder.
Old 01-13-2009, 02:59 PM   #4
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by stolf1
Thanks for the info, I know I have heard that about the PS2 version also I think at least for me getting a PS3 or 360 is not worth it. PS2 games look worse but I have an old tv and I just think it's not worth it for me until I upgrade my tv. I just don't have 1,000 to get a new system and a new tv. I have Madden 08 for both PSP and PS2 do you know how to spawn the games I can't figure it out. I remeber how easy it was to spawn NBA Live but doing it for Madden is a bit harder.
I'm not sure how to do it. I'll do some digging and see if I find anything that'll help explain the process.

How is Madden 08 for PSP? I've been thinking about picking that game up for cheap.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Old 01-13-2009, 03:32 PM   #5
Rookie

I like it alot. It has some things that I noticed are a little better then in 09. 09 doesn't seem to have weather changes and the control options are slighty better in that you don't have that worthless rookie mode that comes with 09 instead you have a simplified control set which is useful. The only problem in 08 is the RB seem a little slow, but it's not a game killer. If you have played the PS2 version of 08 and liked it you will like the PSP version. I do miss the second analog stick that is on PS2 though. PSP version has the full franchise mode it's just missing out on the superstar mode. I heard 09 had cut a few features because of the Rookie mode but weather was the only thing I found. Anyway if you don't care about rosters the 08 version is just as good and in some ways better then 09. I hope that helps.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2009, 05:40 PM   #6
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by stolf1
I like it alot. It has some things that I noticed are a little better then in 09. 09 doesn't seem to have weather changes and the control options are slighty better in that you don't have that worthless rookie mode that comes with 09 instead you have a simplified control set which is useful. The only problem in 08 is the RB seem a little slow, but it's not a game killer. If you have played the PS2 version of 08 and liked it you will like the PSP version. I do miss the second analog stick that is on PS2 though. PSP version has the full franchise mode it's just missing out on the superstar mode. I heard 09 had cut a few features because of the Rookie mode but weather was the only thing I found. Anyway if you don't care about rosters the 08 version is just as good and in some ways better then 09. I hope that helps.
It did, thanks. I'd heard that 08 was better and this just cements the fact.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »