Home

Ian, Madden 2010 and beyond...

This is a discussion on Ian, Madden 2010 and beyond... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-13-2009, 10:59 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 10
Re: Ian, Madden 2010 and beyond...

I can't see EA doing what you want, it would be their stupidest business decision of all time really.

They are going well with it and all they need is small fixes and additions each year to keep buying it.

Only way we'll get an NFL game from scratch is when the NFL license deal ends with EA and then another company can have a crack at it.

I'm a bit iffy about what Ian can do in just a years worth of time to really fix/improve Madden.

I have no doubt he will make it better, but by how much I don't know. I still get the feeling Madden 10 will fix some things, take a few steps back in other areas and leave us all with our arms up in the air for another year.
Old 01-13-2009, 11:03 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono078
I can't see EA doing what you want, it would be their stupidest business decision of all time really.

They are going well with it and all they need is small fixes and additions each year to keep buying it.

Only way we'll get an NFL game from scratch is when the NFL license deal ends with EA and then another company can have a crack at it.

I'm a bit iffy about what Ian can do in just a years worth of time to really fix/improve Madden.

I have no doubt he will make it better, but by how much I don't know. I still get the feeling Madden 10 will fix some things, take a few steps back in other areas and leave us all with our arms up in the air for another year.

This is exactly my point. We all know what Madden 2010 is going to be like. It will have some new additions/features/modes, the gameplay will be tweaked a bit, but thats all.

You also have said exactly what i did about WHY we wont see a complete overhaul, the game is selling like hotcakes AS IS. Well AS IS is simply getting very tired...
Old 01-13-2009, 11:13 PM   #11
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

Seriously, please, i can't take another engine overhaul threat.

You guys do realize that the problems Madden has had on the Next Gen System was in fact a Engine overhaul. That is why 2k's games are more polished because they are generally the same engine that was used on ps2 and Xbox. I am personally not willing to take another 2 steps backwards in terms on Content if that means a new Engine. Remember Madden 06- yeaaa pass on that...

But there is hope, NHL 09, FIFA 09 all had new engines so it is possible to make a great Madden game on this Engine.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2009, 02:35 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 8

back in past gen you used to be able to customize the size and shape of every body part to achieve one of the things you mentioned. of course it was never set up properly out of the box, you always had to properly proportionalize playrs yourself, but at least it was there.
Old 01-14-2009, 03:05 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusefan

Seriously, please, i can't take another engine overhaul threat.

You guys do realize that the problems Madden has had on the Next Gen System was in fact a Engine overhaul. That is why 2k's games are more polished because they are generally the same engine that was used on ps2 and Xbox. I am personally not willing to take another 2 steps backwards in terms on Content if that means a new Engine. Remember Madden 06- yeaaa pass on that...

But there is hope, NHL 09, FIFA 09 all had new engines so it is possible to make a great Madden game on this Engine.
Hell..I don't even really like Hockey but I'm enjoying the hell outta NHL 09...Meanwhile I traded Madden 09 in for the $24...and I'm a diehard Football guy???

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »