Home

Madden's Philosophical Vision?

This is a discussion on Madden's Philosophical Vision? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-19-2009, 06:16 PM   #17
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: Madden's Philosophical Vision?

I love it Ian, Sounds like something we may see on the back of the Cover this year.
Old 01-19-2009, 06:18 PM   #18
MVP

Stroehms's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
There's not an extremely easy answer to this, but I guess I can try my best...

Our team is 100% committed to a realistic simulation of the sport that is still a fun game to play. And that's about it really...as you can imagine that's keeping us plenty busy right now. We're not focusing our attention in any specific direction like "making more features for online", or "making it more fun for tournament players". I can't really speak for the previous teams, but we've really had only one mantra this year and that is "Everything you see on Sunday, see it in Madden NFL". Now as you all know that's much easier said than done, and everyone knows you can't re-create every single detail of the sport of football perfectly (much less all the extra stuff around it) in one cycle, but this team is bought in on that one vision, regardless of how long it takes.

Peter doesn't just have one vision of making online a big deal, he (and his group) has a whole set of objectives that all games on the EA Sports label need to try and adhere to. Remember one thing here - though Peter is the boss of the EA Sports label, he also doesn't dictate what a game does each and every year. The management at EA has really been awesome in that regard lately - they give a few broad objectives they'd like the label to adhere to, but they then let the game teams really do their work and make their own decisions about the game. Madden is going to continue to improve it's online feature set, without a doubt, but we've also got a million other things to work on that may live outside of the online space (that all totally fall within the objectives handed down to us).

To clarify, what goes on in MaddenNation or what tourney / online glitch guys are doing is NOT the design philosophy of our team. We really have zero interest in the way those guys play. We've got to fix glitches that they may find if they are ruining the experience for everyone else (read: direct snap glitch), but again, we've got one goal, and that's what we want to focus on:

Everything you see on Sunday, see it in Madden NFL.
I like this . Good to hear and thanks Ian.
Old 01-19-2009, 06:24 PM   #19
Don't Trust Influencers

ChubbyBanana's Arena

OVR: 46

Sounds Great Ian, Thanks for the response.

Twitch Stream
Old 01-19-2009, 06:58 PM   #20
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:

Our team is 100% committed to a realistic simulation of the sport that is still a fun game to play. And that's about it really...as you can imagine that's keeping us plenty busy right now. We're not focusing our attention in any specific direction like "making more features for online", or "making it more fun for tournament players". I can't really speak for the previous teams, but we've really had only one mantra this year and that is "Everything you see on Sunday, see it in Madden NFL". Now as you all know that's much easier said than done, and everyone knows you can't re-create every single detail of the sport of football perfectly (much less all the extra stuff around it) in one cycle, but this team is bought in on that one vision, regardless of how long it takes.

Peter doesn't just have one vision of making online a big deal, he (and his group) has a whole set of objectives that all games on the EA Sports label need to try and adhere to. Remember one thing here - though Peter is the boss of the EA Sports label, he also doesn't dictate what a game does each and every year. The management at EA has really been awesome in that regard lately - they give a few broad objectives they'd like the label to adhere to, but they then let the game teams really do their work and make their own decisions about the game. Madden is going to continue to improve it's online feature set, without a doubt, but we've also got a million other things to work on that may live outside of the online space (that all totally fall within the objectives handed down to us).

To clarify, what goes on in MaddenNation or what tourney / online glitch guys are doing is NOT the design philosophy of our team. We really have zero interest in the way those guys play. We've got to fix glitches that they may find if they are ruining the experience for everyone else (read: direct snap glitch), but again, we've got one goal, and that's what we want to focus on:

that reassuring to hear...errr...read. Thanks for the response Ian.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 01-19-2009, 10:10 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:

Ian if this happens, I will hug you in a way that if a woman hugged you like that you would be,"oh my, thats nice" Needless to say I shed a tear reading this post and hope your team the absolute best in accomplishing it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2009, 10:21 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:

I'm not sure there is anything more we could ask for as a fan base.
Old 01-19-2009, 10:29 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
That is music to my ears! Kudos, to you guys for trying to make it happen!!!
Old 01-19-2009, 11:08 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:

If you pull that off, I'll build an ice sculpture of you and put it in my living room ... and I won't put it above the fireplace.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »