Home

Madden's Philosophical Vision?

This is a discussion on Madden's Philosophical Vision? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-21-2009, 08:28 AM   #57
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: Madden's Philosophical Vision?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Step2001
I'm just not going to take the spoonful of crap EA says is chocolate.

This is the standard EA hype machine. YES, Gameplay has to be spot on.

But to sit back again and wait and hope that this is the year. Then to have Madden drop and get a game that sucks.

You have great gameplay! Fine, then you lose interest because the Franchise mode sucks and Online is full of b.s.!

It's always something with this company. They fix something, then something else is either gone or now broken.

Just don't get caught in the hype. Keep the pressure on these guys.

Yeah, adding some of the guys who worked on H.C. is a plus, but don't count your chickens before they hatch.

Keeping reading the MLB09:The Show blogs! That game is damn near as close as it comes to Baseball. REAL Baseball!

Madden has a long ways to go.

lol...you seem to be debating an argument that isn't there. I said, that I want a more robust franchise mode as much as the next person, but I also want great gameplay. And I do read the Show blogs, I am an avid player of that game.

But hey, your overdramatic response was fun to read nonetheless.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 01-21-2009, 08:42 AM   #58
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Step2001
I'm just not going to take the spoonful of crap EA says is chocolate.

This is the standard EA hype machine. YES, Gameplay has to be spot on.

But to sit back again and wait and hope that this is the year. Then to have Madden drop and get a game that sucks.

You have great gameplay! Fine, then you lose interest because the Franchise mode sucks and Online is full of b.s.!

It's always something with this company. They fix something, then something else is either gone or now broken.

Just don't get caught in the hype. Keep the pressure on these guys.

Yeah, adding some of the guys who worked on H.C. is a plus, but don't count your chickens before they hatch.

Keeping reading the MLB09:The Show blogs! That game is damn near as close as it comes to Baseball. REAL Baseball!

Madden has a long ways to go.
No one said Madden doesn't have a long way to go. I don't think anyone is expecting overnight miracles, either.(ie, everything but the kitchen sink in 2010 that everyone wants)

Gameplay, franchise and presentation all need the major upgrading.

I don't think you can look into your crystal ball to early August and say the new team will disappoint just as much as some of us can't say it will be the greatest thing since sliced bread.

By the way, the pressure is already on Ian and company. He is a new leader and new leaders always have the spotlight and pressure turned on.
Old 01-21-2009, 10:03 AM   #59
Banned

OVR: 21

The pressure on Ian just got ratcheted up a little more, if the report that Tiburon axed its Playtesting group and half of its QA team is true.
Old 01-24-2009, 01:13 AM   #60
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTheorenHobbes
The pressure on Ian just got ratcheted up a little more, if the report that Tiburon axed its Playtesting group and half of its QA team is true.
They had those groups?

Sidenote: I am not making fun whatsoever of anyone losing their jobs. That absolutely sucks.
Old 01-24-2009, 01:19 AM   #61
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave374
They had those groups?

Sidenote: I am not making fun whatsoever of anyone losing their jobs. That absolutely sucks.
thats aweful
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2009, 12:26 PM   #62
Banned

OVR: 9

online? offline? Doesn't matter. Until they make the game fun and challenging (e.g. change the passing, tackling, blocking, and running mechanics) we're just gonna be sitting around like very year complaining about the game.

I'm just gonna play the pS2 version until:

1) they give me the ability to control my pass (not who it goes to but exactly WHERE it goes)
2) I can manually control a guy on defense and make a SUCCESSFUL play on a passed ball
3) the collision detection is completed revamped
4) I can play a complete franchise or season online (something like spawn game technology) with just one friend.

The last gen version does all these things better. And from my perspective, next gen isn't anywhere close to any of this stuff. Next Gen Madden is exactly where the 2K MLB series is...it just doesn't feel right and it's not fun to play. I've have re-adjusted my expectations to the "Next-Next Gen" systems...PS4, XBOX 720 (what ever they will be called). At this rate, that' show long it's going to take before we get a good Madden. Even then it will take 5-6 years into that technology do get something decent. It's never been a crappier time to be a video game football fan. I used to slobber at the mouth for the new annual football releases, now I could care less. It's sad.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »