Home

Best websites for historic uniform reference?

This is a discussion on Best websites for historic uniform reference? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-20-2009, 02:46 PM   #41
MVP

mastershake88's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Best websites for historic uniform reference?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605

It's a game...lol. No offense, but I'm not sure I buy the "it deserves respect" bit in the manner you presented it.

Anyway, that game (NFL 2K5) was (is) limited in uniform selection and had uniform bugs as well....not that it matters to the point of the thread, of course

To Ian: I'm glad you are planning on an early release of the uniform pics (not to mention being glad that you are trying to get a jump on things as well) so we can pick them apart.

I appreciate all your hard work. Hopefully the "uniform corrections/additions" thread will be have considerbaly fewer pages because of it...lol.

lol I'm messing with ya it's all good.
Decade of Excellence
FHS '06, UMBC,'13,CCBC '15 UMUC '15
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2009, 03:19 PM   #42
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
In any case, I hope they just unlock it for Madden and allow full choice for home/away.
I agree... no more unnecessary restrictions on these kinds of things. We should have total freedom over what's being worn. Let the standard be chosen by default, but let the user make changes if they want.

I'd read of some people in Madden 07 being able to use dark historic jersey's vs. dark historic jersey's at first when those jersey's were available for download, and then suddenly it stopped working. Never happened for me though.
Old 01-21-2009, 01:30 AM   #43
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
Thanks guys. These links plus this one I just found should get me started:

http://www.ssur.org/research/CK_NFLUniforms/NFLUnis.htm

We're hoping to release really early uniform images to the community this year so you all can pick them apart and we don't get stuck in the same crappy situation previous teams have been in. We also have had a guy keeping track of every single game for this year with tons of photo reference as well so we can ensure the default sets are correct.

The NFL has already told us the teams that are changing as well...going to be quite interesting actually.
One item I think many of us would like to see changed are shoe options. I know, I know, some will say who cares about shoes, but I know there are many out there that wish we could change shoe colors ... much like the other uniform gear options (gloves, arm bands, etc.). Watch "REAL NFL" games and you'll see a variety of different players wearing anything from white, black, or team colored shoes. So eliminate the option of switching from mid-cut to low-cut, and please give us the option of switching from either white, black, or team colored shoes .... after all, if it's in the game, it's in the game!
Old 01-21-2009, 10:37 AM   #44
Banned

2krules's Arena

OVR: 19

Hey Ian,
If the NFL will allow it, one way for you guys not to have to worry about the accuracy of alts and throwbacks is to give us the ability to design our own alternate sets for our teams. If you'd let each team change their colors, designs styles, and provide throwback logos for each team's helmets for us to choose from, we'd be all set. No throwback would have to be left behind that way.

I hope you'll consider that.
Old 01-21-2009, 11:54 AM   #45
Pro

adub88's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler99
One item I think many of us would like to see changed are shoe options. I know, I know, some will say who cares about shoes, but I know there are many out there that wish we could change shoe colors ... much like the other uniform gear options (gloves, arm bands, etc.). Watch "REAL NFL" games and you'll see a variety of different players wearing anything from white, black, or team colored shoes. So eliminate the option of switching from mid-cut to low-cut, and please give us the option of switching from either white, black, or team colored shoes .... after all, if it's in the game, it's in the game!
Yea, what he said lol. Ian are you guys notified when teams are making uniform changes? I noticed the Packers changed to black cleats last season. In terms of team colored cleats, we should be given white cleats with a team color trim or black cleats with team color trim, kind of like 2k5. Those all whites just look like pediatric shoes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2009, 02:08 PM   #46
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
I agree... no more unnecessary restrictions on these kinds of things. We should have total freedom over what's being worn. Let the standard be chosen by default, but let the user make changes if they want.
I disagree. The uniform options should be limited only to what is allowed by NFL rules -- home team decides what uni to wear from all of it's options, then the road team selects from the opposite of the home team's choice.

That's how it is in real life, that's how it should be in the game.
Old 01-21-2009, 02:38 PM   #47
Banned

2krules's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
I disagree. The uniform options should be limited only to what is allowed by NFL rules -- home team decides what uni to wear from all of it's options, then the road team selects from the opposite of the home team's choice.

That's how it is in real life, that's how it should be in the game.
Come on, it's just a video game. It's not real life. Why would you want to put a limit on people's fun, especially when the limit serves no purpose? We should have as many customisation options as possible.

But if you want the game to be "real life" only, let's be consistent and make it like this:

No Hall-Of-Fame players
No create-a-team
No create-a-player
EA sets the rosters exactly like they are in real life, and you can't change them
Etc.

Last edited by 2krules; 01-21-2009 at 02:42 PM.
Old 01-21-2009, 03:12 PM   #48
Pro

OVR: 7

I kind of find it disturbing that you would ask the community about historic uniforms... shouldn't the NFL provide you with stuff like. Since, you know, you bought their license and all...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »