Home

Weight & Power meaning something in 2010?

This is a discussion on Weight & Power meaning something in 2010? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-17-2009, 06:29 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 10
Weight & Power meaning something in 2010?

I have written plenty up on this topic in various threads but I would love to know what can be done to inforce this more.

Ian if you are allowed to, do you think you can tell us what exactly has to be done for this to happen? Like does it have to do with alot of coding needing to be done into the game or what governs this aspect of the game? If you could explain how it works I would love to hear.

I just think that eventually the big guys need to get some love in Madden. Speed meaning everything has gotten old and I cannot wait for the day that you actually have to worry about stopping a Brandon Jacobs. And have him and the O-Line punish you for playing Dime defense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2009, 10:12 PM   #2
All Star

OVR: 33
Re: Weight & Power meaning something in 2010?

I believe there is a semblance of weight and power in madden.

However, when someone triggers a special move such as the highlight stick, hit stick, juke, stiff arm, spin. All physics goes out the window. And is essentially a rock-paper-scissor free for all.

However I agree that speed rules all.
Old 01-18-2009, 01:41 PM   #3
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

OVR: 13
Cool Re: Weight & Power meaning something in 2010?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmart2180
I have written plenty up on this topic in various threads but I would love to know what can be done to inforce this more.

Ian if you are allowed to, do you think you can tell us what exactly has to be done for this to happen? Like does it have to do with alot of coding needing to be done into the game or what governs this aspect of the game? If you could explain how it works I would love to hear.

I just think that eventually the big guys need to get some love in Madden. Speed meaning everything has gotten old and I cannot wait for the day that you actually have to worry about stopping a Brandon Jacobs. And have him and the O-Line punish you for playing Dime defense.

I agree with the above poster that it's in there now to some extent--minus special moves situations. Brandon Jacobs seems like an automatic 3-4 yards per carry when I play him and its not all just HB dives either--seems like he almost always breaks the first tackle even on off tackle/blast and sweep/toss types of runs.

However, if I had a dime for every time i laid a hitstick on a FB with a FS/SS and caused a fumble or injury I'd be living on the beach right now sipping mai tai's. So maybe they did something special for known big guys that are stars/proven vets in the league but not for everyone.

I dunno.....I just know Jacobs is a beast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA

Twitter roll2tide
Old 01-21-2009, 10:23 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 9

I want power and weight, but more-so just physics. So many INTs are caused where the CB or Safty will almost just THROUGH the WR and pick the ball off. if the WR had any sort of weight, or had any sort of ability to turn into a defender, then that would be wonderful.

Let's get the fantasy football section poppin!
http://www.operationsports.com/forums/fantasy-football/
Old 01-21-2009, 10:41 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 38

wheres my boy gideonprime
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2009, 10:55 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 39

Im all for weight having and advantage as long as those guys fatigue at a faster rate.
Old 01-21-2009, 12:19 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 8

I'd like to see it implemented, as long as it's implemented sensibly, where leverage also comes into account. I don't want to see the big RBs running over absolutely everyone, but they need to make the game more balanced where speed isn't everything. It does need a lot of work though, a 250 lbs FB should not be blowing my 340 lbs DT off his feet, especially when he has very little momentum. Like everyone said, the special moves are overpowered.
Old 01-21-2009, 01:14 PM   #8
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

If I can interject here, I just want the players to feel different.

Just for comparison sakes, in NFL2K5, a heavier more physical running back felt a little different than a smaller and scattier back.

That's the effect I yearn to see in Madden.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »