Home

Hit Stick Weapon??? Ratings???

This is a discussion on Hit Stick Weapon??? Ratings??? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-17-2009, 11:04 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 7
Hit Stick Weapon??? Ratings???

Honestly, I am so tired of this hit stick madness sweeping through the online community. It has even made it's way into my super sim style league. It has gotten to the point that I am literally scared to juke or spin, because I am very likely to get flattened by a hit stick. I mean, Brandon Jacobs can get popped by a punter and cough up the ball.

There is absolutely no physics involved with the hit stick feature, and as far as I can tell, no real advantage to being a big hitter, except that you can make them fumble more. People can flick the hit stick anywhere, anytime, from any angle, and it will execute. Almost no penalty for using it.

This seriously needs to be toned down, if there were this many big hits in real life, every team would be working on its third stringers by week 4. Can you guys please, PLEASE address this. First, Hit sticks need a more realistic approach, and should be harder to execute, and have a much wider risk reward gap.
Secondly, Just like some WR's can't spectacular catch, some defenders should not get a hit stick animation, or at least bounce off guys if there "big hitter" rating is low.

I know I have read something from you months ago about ratings meaning more in 10, any chance of that actually happening?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2009, 01:19 AM   #2
MVP

xylocaine's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Hit Stick Weapon??? Ratings???

I agree, Risk vs reward should be higher for players without "big hit" capability. Also, I feel like it should fatigue players more for using it as well as not be a guarantee that it will bring the runner down. Many times you see LB's or DB's go for the big hit and get the hit but miss the tackle and you hear the commentators go on and on about not wrapping up. In madden if you pull off the hit stick ( which I find harder to do than most on this board ) should it be a guarantee that you will tackle the guy? Actually I kind of like the feature but it could get tweaked.
Old 01-18-2009, 04:49 AM   #3
All Star

OVR: 33
Re: Hit Stick Weapon??? Ratings???

There's already a risk reward factor.

Except, there is still too much leeway on the timing. Once they force you to be much more precise with your timing you will see more whiffs.

Same can be said for field goals, and usercatching in madden 08.

There is too much leeway. Force us to be more accurate and better timed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »