Home

Madden every 2 years???

This is a discussion on Madden every 2 years??? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-18-2009, 05:48 PM   #1
MVP

marshallfever's Arena

OVR: 13
Madden every 2 years???

I stole this from another forum:
Quote:
Originally Posted by the bends
the two years thing could work if they found another developer (visual concepts) to do the game every other year ala Call of Duty. it would be f'ing sweet, but I don't see it happening. That would make too much sense, there would be a sense of competition amongst the developers again and the gamers would reap the benefits. Nope. Won't happen.
This is the best idea yet, they probably don't want to push it to a 2 year deal because there's ton of money to be made with publishing the game every single year.

Yet it also seems that the Madden guys actually want to be effort into this. No development team doesn't try to put their all into the games they make; i'm pretty sure they're all passionate about this game and would love to be given the extra year development time.

EA hinted at doing this type of thing with NFS, but with how poorly the game sold, i'm not too sure they want to go this route with Madden. However it would be great to do something like that. The engine's already there. Having two developers put their all into content and etc, we would get some pretty interesting games of football.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2009, 05:52 PM   #2
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: Madden every 2 years???

they can't do it due to the licensing agreement with the NFL.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 01-18-2009, 05:55 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 38

ah but what if they purchase take two
Old 01-18-2009, 05:59 PM   #4
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by boucher
ah but what if they purchase take two
Why would purchasing Take 2 make a difference?

Old 01-18-2009, 06:06 PM   #5
MVP

marshallfever's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Why would purchasing Take 2 make a difference?
It doesn't necessarily have to be Take 2, like the Call of Duty games, both developers are under Activsion. EA could just create or buy another developer and create two football games in-house and rotate on releasing them.

What about that goes against the NFL agreement? Both games would be called Madden and would be under EA publishing. The only difference would be that their from two different developers using the same engine and putting their own thoughts and idea of football. It could be even better if both developers shared their technology so every year would have the previous years features with a bunch of new features that the developer has put 2 years developing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2009, 06:08 PM   #6
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

I am fairly certain when you ask for the license of the sport you're wanting to represent(NFL, MLB, NBA, NASCAR, NHL, NCAA, etc...) part of the deal is to put out the game every year.

Old 01-18-2009, 06:12 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 6

No Way its called revenue..millions of people will buy the new game enough said. Actually i usually purchase Madden every 2 years myself...I save the end of season roster from EA sim a season do the draft and play a dynasty..its as good as new to me anyway except for the coaching changes
Old 01-18-2009, 06:23 PM   #8
MVP

marshallfever's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I am fairly certain when you ask for the license of the sport you're wanting to represent(NFL, MLB, NBA, NASCAR, NHL, NCAA, etc...) part of the deal is to put out the game every year.
Maybe i should of put it in the thread title, but what i'm really talking about here is about EA Tiburon doing Madden 2 every year. If EA could have two development teams, then they would be able to release a game every year still, but this time it would allow the developers to have two years to develop the game instead of the year or less they get to release the game.

What i'm talking about is exactly what Call Of Duty has been doing. Rotating the series between two developers.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »