Home

Time to set some forum ground rules

This is a discussion on Time to set some forum ground rules within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-18-2009, 08:27 PM   #1
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46
Time to set some forum ground rules

I've been nice. The mod team as a whole has been nice. And it's time to bring the hammer down.

We are going to be setting ground rules very soon. One of the first will be the fact that if you start a Madden vs 2K battle on these boards, you are banned from the Madden forums for a month.

I am getting sick and tired of it. Developers come here to attempt to gather information, and by doing that, have improved this game through patches. With all of the absolute trash (yes, I called the posts trash) they have to wade through, it's amazing they can get any information from the posters in this forum who actually attempt to make informative and constructive posts.

I want the users to post in this thread with any suggestions for way to clean up this forum. One thing is certain, I will clean this forum if it is the last thing I do on these boards. And you posters that have decided to do nothing positive for the progression of this game are going to be a very surly bunch, just a very surly bunch that can't post in the Madden forums for a month.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2009, 08:38 PM   #2
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: Time to set some forum ground rules

I prefer the three strike Policy.

Strike 1: 1 month Ban from the Madden Forum

Strike 2: 1 month Ban From OS

strike 3: 1 Year Ban from the Madden Forum
Old 01-19-2009, 02:14 AM   #3
Pro

Lordcledus's Arena

OVR: 10

Thank you. I am so tired or reading all the Madden bashing and the NFL 2k5 suck fest that goes on here. OK we get it, 2k5 was great, but it's gone and probably isn't coming back. People need to get over it and stop trying to nitpick every tiny detail about the Madden series.

XBL: Lordcledus

Old 01-19-2009, 05:08 AM   #4
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46
This isn't a valid response either. We have a 2k5 forum, and I respect the fans of that gane. But that game has it's forum, and it isn't here. I don't mind suggesting and idea from that game to the devs and such, but the flame wars are going to end.
Old 01-19-2009, 05:42 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusefan
I prefer the three strike Policy.

Strike 1: 1 month Ban from the Madden Forum

Strike 2: 1 month Ban From OS

strike 3: 1 Year Ban from the Madden Forum
That could be a good idea, can't think of anything else right now that would work better than it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2009, 06:30 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 23

I think an answer would be to ban people who insist on shi-ing on Madden from the madden forums.
Old 01-19-2009, 11:20 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 15

How about a straight Madden V 2k debate board. Or a board dedicated soley for the surly few who want to argue.
Old 01-19-2009, 11:55 AM   #8
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I think it's fair for people to point out things in 2K that they like and want Madden to incorporate (ie. presentation, line play, etc.) but stop at that point. The next sentence where some say, "This is why Madden still fails in comparison to the greatest game ever created" doesn't need to be said. Comparing features or items of a game can be done without referencing the overall quality of the game and negativity often associated with it.

I think there needs to be a ban on the words "exclusive license". That horse has been beaten dead for five years now. Yes it sucks but it's reality and it's not going to change. Bringing it up again does nothing and just incites more arguments that have been done a million times over.

Maybe a 2K vs. Madden forum where people can argue things endlessly would be a good idea.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »