Home

Old 01-19-2009, 03:06 PM   #9
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Big Hits!

I'm afraid of the notion that Madden needs more Big Hits. I know the intentions are good, but considering Madden has a slew of over-the-top hits that happen all too frequently, asking for more is going in the wrong direction in my opinion.

It just seems that Tiburon has the tendency to over-do things sometimes. Asking for more over-the-topness is a deathwish for the sim gamer.
Old 01-19-2009, 03:42 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 11

I think they need to be limited to 2-3 a game, and make it a HUGE deal when they happen, espeically if it makes the ball knocked loose.

Like make the commentators have more reaction to the hits, let them say " OOOOOH " when there's a big hit, and show the hits in slow mo ..
Old 01-19-2009, 03:45 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 20

The thing I dont like about the big hits in madden is it is the same big hit when a LB makes a tackle on an inside run where both players are moving probably at less than top speed, the RB because he is trying to find running room and the LB because he is reading the play, getting into position, etc. Here while there may be a big hit it is ussually a player getting thrown down or flipped over, not a huge impact.

Madden shows a big hit there the same as when to guys colide on a kick return both going full blast. Now there were quite a few guys who just got knocked out on kick returns or coverage, mostly coverage getting blocked but sometimes also getting tackled because here players are going full speed, they are ussually non star players fighting to keep their spot so they hustle more, and there are just crushing hits.

Blocks are probably the worst about this. How can those blocks be shown the same as when 2 300 pound guys line up face to face and go at it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2009, 03:57 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
I'm afraid of the notion that Madden needs more Big Hits. I know the intentions are good, but considering Madden has a slew of over-the-top hits that happen all too frequently, asking for more is going in the wrong direction in my opinion.

It just seems that Tiburon has the tendency to over-do things sometimes. Asking for more over-the-topness is a deathwish for the sim gamer.
I couldn't agree more
Old 01-19-2009, 08:53 PM   #13
All Star

OVR: 33

If i'm timing the hitstick with good timing, give me the BIG HIT.
Old 01-19-2009, 11:31 PM   #14
Rookie

unisol_us's Arena

OVR: 5

Basically what I am saying is that the game does not feel alive. True there are big hits but they seem to be an afterthought. Madden just seems to feel like video game players running around the screen and not your favorite player.

The Game has all the features to make it capture the physical aspect of the game but it still does not fully reach that level. Like I said Huge hit happens--player gets up--next play like it never happened: that's the sequence that ends up missing the mark.

Ask yourself this question: Why do I love NFL Football?

I bet most of us would say the violence and physical nature of the sport. So common sense says capture that very well and Madden footbal will no longer feel stale/boring like most people around here say it is.
Old 01-20-2009, 02:29 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 8

There definitely needs to be more bodies flying. Every player is attached to the person they are hitting it seems like
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »