Home

FRANCHISE PROGRESS

This is a discussion on FRANCHISE PROGRESS within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-26-2009, 10:35 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: FRANCHISE PROGRESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBH3
Like another poster stated, the imported rookies numbers and ratings are wacky...AND...In addition you don't get any FCS conf. rookies if you go w/ the imported rosters.

I drafted a guy from Liberty in like the 6th or 7th round after my 1st offseason, and you won't see any players from schools like that w/ imported rosters.

For that reason alone, aside from the issues w/ imported rosters, I've chosen CPU generated rookies over imported ones.

Why?

Because there is a certain since of accomplishment if you draft one of those guys, and then can build/train him up to a top NFL talent...it provides a certain 'storyline' for you the user.
Yes, I would like to see them in the future with your imported draft classes add in a couple FCS players here and there, maybe a couple D2 or lower guys as well since they are there in every draft
Old 01-27-2009, 10:08 AM   #18
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

Played GB at home in wk7 of my 2009 Lions season.

This one turned out to be a great game. My defense didn't really show up here, but my offense did and in a BIG way.

Quick recap of the 1st half:

It was all GB as they scored TDs on 3-straight possesions after punting on their 1st two. The score was 21-7 after Aaron Rodgers threw 2 TD passes, and Ryan Grant ran one in for a 51 TD run.

My only score came on a qk slant out of the Weak-I Close form. Calvin Johnson caught it, found a seam, and was off to the races for a 68 yd TD - his only of the game.

Fast forward to the 2nd half:

I choose to kick in the 1st, so I received the ball to begin the 2nd. I came out guns-a-blazin too, and went downfield for my 2nd TD pass w/ Wally Rivera on a 32 yard strike to Troy Williamson; Score 21-14 GB.

Green Bay continued to move the ball w/ consistency in the 2nd half, but so did I...

It seemed like almost everytime during the 2nd half when I got w/in a TD of tying, GB would make my D look silly, and take it downfield for a score to maintain a 2 TD cushion.

Midway through the first however things would change...

On an important possesion where my offense could've gone downfield to tie we instead end up punting after GB got QB Wally Rivera for thier 7th sack of the day. After a failed 3rd down conversion I had no choice but to punt; being in GB territory.

So I kick to Wil Blackmon, and I found it strange that as my rookie CB Elvis Bever was bearing down on him he still hadn't called a fair catch...Well...Elvis layed the wood on Blackmon for one of those screen shaking hits, and Blackmon quickly fumbled. I picked the ball up from my 40 yard line and ran it in for the score!

Game tied 35-35 w/ 4:30 left to play in regulation!

So at this point it was still anybody's game. My defense had a chance to right the ship after allowing GB to exert their will for most of this game.

My D came up w/ some big plays, and although they allowed GB to kill some clock and move the ball a little bit they were able to stop GB's advancement after forcing them to pass on 3rd and 13 and coming up w/ a BIG sack for my 3rd of the day.

I got the ball back with 1:50 left on my 27 yard line. I was able to take the ball down to GBs 45. It was 3rd down and 8 and I needed a play to get the ball into FG position at least. At this point there was about :30 seconds left and I had no timeouts.

My call was a 4 WR Shotgun Set w/ Calvin running a curl, McDonald a drag, Williamson a fade, and Maurice Stoval a double-move which would put him over the middle; I left my RB back to block.

I hiked the ball went through my reads, and saw my #4 option Stoval in one-on-one coverage w/ space. I mashed his pass icon, and he was off to the races on a 45 yd TD pass to pretty much win the game.

I kicked to GB w/ about :20 seconds left, and played Cover 4 in the Quarter set...Game OVER!

Detroit wins it 3rd in a row in another 4th Qtr comeback where they scored 2 TDs to win the game.

Wally Rivera finished 25-35 w/ 4 TDs 1 INT and 433 yards passing; his one INT came as the 1st half came to a close.

Troy Williamson caught two TDs for his second straight game, and finished w/ 7 catches for 138 yards. Calvin Johnson had 7 catches for 84 yards and a TD. Maurice Stoval had 4 catches for 94 yards and a TD, and Shaun McDonald has 8 catches for 76 yards.

McDonald didn't catch a TD pass, but he was able to keep 3 of my drives going w/ great catches in traffic on 3rd down.

Most of Calvin's catches came as I tried to run screens w/ him to no avail.

Next up Cleveland @ hm who is 1-5.

My 2009 Detroit Lions are now 3-3 and on a 3 gm winning streak!
Old 01-28-2009, 02:26 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 3

I started my Raiders 'chise around the time the real season started and subsequently went 5-11. I imported NCAA rookies and picked up DT Demarcus Granger and OT Alex Boone as my top 2 picks. The other rookies did not make any impact on my 2009 season. I finished my '09 year at 13-3, but all my wins were very close and my losses were pretty tight ones too. Russell had a poor year statistics-wise but he was effective enough to throw for 3,300 yards and 20 TDs (but 23 INTs). McFadden was my go-to guy with over 1,200 yards rushing/500+ receiving and 22 total TDs. Zach Miller and Johnnie Lee Higgins were my main receiving targets with both hitting the 1,000 yard mark. My nickel CB Routt was amazing, picking off 6 passes and returning 3 for scores, and Derrick Burgess had 20 sacks. On the special teams front, Seabass sucked (missed a ton of FGs) and I went with a rookie punter (had to let Lechler go in the offseason) who did fairly well. I just finished my AFC Divisional game against New England (at home; I have home-field throughout the playoffs). I was down 14-3 at the half, but scored the next 21 points to take the lead and eventually won 31-28. I'm now going against the Colts in the AFC title game. Seattle plays at Philly in the NFC game.
Old 01-28-2009, 11:18 AM   #20
Banned

OVR: 29

It's nice to see all of you finding a way to enjoy the game! I wish I could do the same. (I ran through a couple seasons before I put it on EBay) - Keep in mind, I played every game and never cheesed the CPU.

Lions - One Season (13-3, Super Bowl Champs) - Calvin Johnson MVP

Browns - Three Seasons (12-4, 13-3, 11-5) - 2 Time Super Bowl Champs - Brady Quinn 2008 MVP

Chiefs - 2 Seasons (13-3 and 10-6) Playoffs, no Super Bowls.

(Traded Larry Johnson to AZ for Matt Leinart in first season)
This was one of my most fun experiences. Leinart came into the first season in a surprise trade where I got rid of my Franchise HB in an attempt to get a passing game.

Leinart's TD/INT was 8/8 through 3 games and then he took off. Ended the season with over 4000 yards and a 40/9 Ratio.

Jamaal Charles broke the 1000 yard mark during the final game and finished with 14 TDs to lead the league.

I had a good time but it became repetitive and I just couldn't bring myself to keep playing.

If this video works, this was the most exciting play I had during my first season.

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/2523827
Old 02-08-2009, 03:30 AM   #21
Pro

OVR: 15

I don't have the game yet but when I get it I am gonna try and turn around the 49ers. Pat Willis is a beast and I wanna see if I can bring a championship to them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2009, 04:16 AM   #22
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

I'm running with the Texans this year. My recap so far:

2008: Went 9-7 and made the playoffs as the 6th seed. Lost to the Saints in the Super Bowl 40-21.

2009: Went 13-3 and won the AFC South. Beat the Eagles 15-13 on a last-second field goal to win the Super Bowl.

2010: Went 10-6 and won the AFC South. Beat the Eagles 38-17 in the Super Bowl.

2011: Currently 4-0-1. Just tied the Browns for my first-ever tie in Madden.

Matt Schaub is still at QB. Andre Johnson's still a stud at WR. Larry Stephens (second-round pick in 2009) is the deep threat with 99 speed. Steve Slaton now has a 99 speed rating. He's been the MVP in both Super Bowl wins. Slaton took over when Ahman Green and Chris Brown went down with injuries in 2008. They were both released after that season. Sean Bishop was the first-round pick in 2011. He's being groomed to replace Andre Davis as the slot receiver.

On defense, Mario Williams and DeMeco Ryans are still the leaders. Terrell Barker (first-round pick in 2009) is emerging as one of the league's best at FS. Koren Dixon (first-round pick in 2010) is progressing nicely at OLB.

Best game was the wild-card game against the Patriots in the 2008 season. Trailed the Matt Cassel-led Pats 24-3 in the fourth quarter. Sage Rosenfels (in place of an injured Schaub) led the fourth-quarter comeback, hitting Johnson on a TD with 18 seconds left to sent it to OT at 31-31. Wes Welker fumbled the OT kickoff, and I kicked a field goal to win 34-31.
Old 02-08-2009, 08:13 PM   #23
Pro

OVR: 10

Finally got through my off-season with the Bears

Key F.A. Signed

DE/OLB Terrell Suggs

Cut
CB Nathan Vasher
DE Adewale Ogunleye
WR Rashied Davis

Did not Re-sign
QB Rex Grossman
CB Mike Brown
WR Brandon Lloyd

'09 Draft Traded down with Miami (Traded 18 for 25 and 44)
1. WR Hakeem Nicks - UNC
2a. RT Phil Loadholt - Oklahoma
2b. CB/FS Sean Smith - Utah
5. FB Quinn Johnson - LSU

Line-Up Changes
WR Order: Devin Hester, Hakeem Nicks, Brandon Rideau, Marty Booker, Earl Bennett
Chris Williams starting LT, Phil Loadholt at RG and John St. Clair at RT
Quinn Johnson goal-line FB

Terrell Suggs now rush OLB
Charles Tillman from CB to FS
Corey Graham #1 CB and rookie Sean Smith #2 CB
Alex Brown RE, Idonije starting LE
Marcus Harrison starting DT with Tommie Harris

Can't wait to get the season started

*edit*
added QB Brett Basanez for depth
Pre-season
-Suggs and Idonije pressured quarterbacks into mistakes just as I'd anticipated
-Corey Graham played awesome at starting corner, and Tillman was a ballhawk at his new FS position. Rookie Sean Smith was solid at corner.
-Rookie Hakeem Nicks and Brandon Rideau were awesome possession
receivers so I didn't just have to rely on Hester
-Basanez was more impressive than Orton, but Orton will remain the starter

Week 1 vs Cardinals
Rookie Knowshon Moreno ran all over us the first drive and caught a TD pass early, but the defense came back strong with a Suggs recovered a fumble and Sean Smith and Kevin Payne came away with picks. Forte, Hester, and Nicks led the offense. We came away with a 21-10 victory over the former NFC champs. (1-0)

Last edited by Chi Dynasty12; 02-11-2009 at 09:00 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »