Home

Which Was Your Fav Madden, and What Feature Do You Miss Most From Last Gen?

This is a discussion on Which Was Your Fav Madden, and What Feature Do You Miss Most From Last Gen? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-25-2009, 09:57 PM   #33
All Star

OVR: 33
Re: Which Was Your Fav Madden, and What Feature Do You Miss Most From Last Gen?

I prefer vision cone over playmaker for the right stick.

ITs completely ridiculous that you can direct your receiver without saying anythign or pointing.

The dudes 40 yards downfield, and i'm spamming the right stick and he does what i tell him too?

Now thats completely unrealistic and takes away from the game. And people said vision cone was stupid?
Old 01-26-2009, 07:50 AM   #34
Pro

OVR: 18

Madden 04. This was great football game with a ton of depth and decent presentation. I would have said 05, but that was the year I switched over to 2K5. I think that the end of last-gen was the pinacle for Madden. My most missed feature - the ability to choose different TV style camera angles to watch and play from.
Old 01-26-2009, 08:29 AM   #35
Banned

OVR: 32

My favorite Madden was Madden '96...it wasn't long after that that I switched to 2K.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2009, 01:31 PM   #36
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

My favourite version was probably Madden '03 although I did love the first true polygon version on the PS1. I never liked Madden '05 that much. It was good at first but once I got used to the great presentation of 2K or even the NCAA series the game felt stale. I moved over to NCAA because the presentation in that game (and better dynasty mode) was just so much better.

As for features, in game saves! Every sports game should have them and anyone with a young family and limited gaming time shares my frustration.
Old 01-26-2009, 01:40 PM   #37
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
My favourite version was probably Madden '03 although I did love the first true polygon version on the PS1. I never liked Madden '05 that much. It was good at first but once I got used to the great presentation of 2K or even the NCAA series the game felt stale. I moved over to NCAA because the presentation in that game (and better dynasty mode) was just so much better.

As for features, in game saves! Every sports game should have them and anyone with a young family and limited gaming time shares my frustration.

WoW great point.
Old 01-26-2009, 02:04 PM   #38
MVP

OVR: 11

madden 2001
Old 01-26-2009, 08:29 PM   #39
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2

Yes, in-game saves are a must. Especially now that you can save games directly to a harddrive, it should be easy. That's why I love games like Madden 09 for PS2, Madden 08 and MLB The Show 08 for PSP. All have the in-game save feature and for a guy like me that may only have 20-30 minutes to play a game on certain days, that feature is invaluable.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 01-26-2009, 10:36 PM   #40
EA Game Changer

OVR: 14

You know, Madden 2001 on PS2 was probably my most faveorite next to Madden 2004. Madden 2001 was such a huge leap in football gaming. Players that actually look like players. Players that actually move like players. It was huge, and fun.

Madden 2004 because it open me up to the online gaming world. Mulitplayer was never the same...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »