Home

Madden Challenge 2009: Crowning the World's Best Madden Player

This is a discussion on Madden Challenge 2009: Crowning the World's Best Madden Player within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-24-2009, 08:54 PM   #25
Banned

arichzona's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Madden Challenge 2009: Crowning the World's Best Madden Player

This type of publicity is exactly why we do not have a more sim-style game.

I would think that a developer would think of things like this as a challenge (maybe it is just me), a challenge to keep guys who have an extra 10 hours in their day (employment optional) from punching holes in what you worked to put together... I would be pissed.

What is really bad is that this write-up makes Madden seem more like 11 on 11 NFL Street.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2009, 09:03 PM   #26
Banned

arichzona's Arena

OVR: 12

What DON'T we likeabout this game? The following paragraphs list point by point what is wrong (for starters). Please fix. Thx.

"Everyone pretty much plays the same way," explains Madden vet Ryan "RG" Glick. "Run the ball with your fullback, throw the curl route to the big receiver, throw the screen. Offense is real basic. The key is who is going to play the best defense. The winner is the guy who is going to make that one stop when the game is on the line."

"I rely on the running game," Captain says. "If I need to pass, I'll pass, but I don't think anyone can stop my run. I run Twin Tight End with Marion Barber as my fullback and Felix Jones as my halfback. I run my tight end in motion, then I lead block with him and try to crush block for a big hole after I pitch the ball to Jones. Then I switch to the fullback dive and try to do the same thing by pounding it with Barber. You add a pass out of that same formation and it's pretty unstoppable.

"The Cowboys are just unstoppable overall. I hate the Cowboys in real life, but they have everything you need in the game. They have the big defenders who can stop the rocket catch and knock the ball loose, and for your offense you have a mobile quarterback, Terrell Owens who is one of the best receivers in the game, Witten who is just a beast, and Martellus Bennett who is just like a glitch in the game because when you use him for a rocket catch, that guy can jump out of the world."
Old 01-24-2009, 10:30 PM   #27
All Star

OVR: 33

Ok. I'm not a cheeser.

But i'm frustrated because my receiver won't go up and get the ball even though he's 6'9 99 jump.

So , how do I rocket catch?

I strictly play franchise and would rather have an unstopabble catch than my receiver running and having the ball land on his shoe.
Old 01-24-2009, 10:46 PM   #28
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by representative
Andddd this is why i refuse to play online...
^^^^

and... Reading that just made me sick. It's amazing how honest they are about what we know to be true.... no shame whatsoever.
Old 01-25-2009, 01:31 AM   #29
MVP

OVR: 46

it is cheezer vs cheezer, but you can't stop it, it is in every game
Old 01-25-2009, 03:48 PM   #30
MVP

OVR: 10

Ian

You have to be reading all this. Can you please comment on it one way or another? I hope you feel the same way the rest of us do and think that this is a joke. Also why does EA chose to glorify this type of gameplay? This is the one of the many reasons Madden is the way it is now. Ian any comments?
Old 01-25-2009, 04:19 PM   #31
Hail To The Redskins!

cjallure24's Arena

OVR: 18

I said it before and I'll say it again.Madden penalize you for doing the right things in football,but the minute convert to being a cheeser you become a Madden legend....

"Inbrace the cheese,win with ease".....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2009, 05:57 PM   #32
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by arichzona
What DON'T we likeabout this game? The following paragraphs list point by point what is wrong (for starters). Please fix. Thx.

"Everyone pretty much plays the same way," explains Madden vet Ryan "RG" Glick. "Run the ball with your fullback, throw the curl route to the big receiver, throw the screen. Offense is real basic. The key is who is going to play the best defense. The winner is the guy who is going to make that one stop when the game is on the line."

"I rely on the running game," Captain says. "If I need to pass, I'll pass, but I don't think anyone can stop my run. I run Twin Tight End with Marion Barber as my fullback and Felix Jones as my halfback. I run my tight end in motion, then I lead block with him and try to crush block for a big hole after I pitch the ball to Jones. Then I switch to the fullback dive and try to do the same thing by pounding it with Barber. You add a pass out of that same formation and it's pretty unstoppable.

"The Cowboys are just unstoppable overall. I hate the Cowboys in real life, but they have everything you need in the game. They have the big defenders who can stop the rocket catch and knock the ball loose, and for your offense you have a mobile quarterback, Terrell Owens who is one of the best receivers in the game, Witten who is just a beast, and Martellus Bennett who is just like a glitch in the game because when you use him for a rocket catch, that guy can jump out of the world."
A while back Ian was looking for bulletin board material. These statements should be posted somewhere in a size 72 font.

I read this stuff, and I think back to when I was a kid where people were looking for, and finding, patterns to run up ridiculous scores in Pac-Man or Asteroids.

Its like its not even a football game anymore. Even for someone who only plays single player games(because of this very nonsense) knowing that these things are even possible totally removes all desire to play the game.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »