Home

My Defense of Madden NFL 09

This is a discussion on My Defense of Madden NFL 09 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-23-2009, 04:05 PM   #17
MVP

Jet Sufferer's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: My Defense of Madden NFL 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsmallwood
I 've got the same copy as you LOL! I have only seen an occasional failure on the part of the CPU to take a sack because they pulled of some crazy pass. I don't see it as often as some people claim it happens
I was frustrated about not getting sacks and started blitzing a lot, at least 50 times I was in the QB's grill a millisecond from a sack and some hidden cannon in the QB's palm could shoot the ball wherever it wanted without any throwing motion or proper footwork.
Old 01-23-2009, 04:18 PM   #18
MVP

bigsmallwood's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Sufferer
I was frustrated about not getting sacks and started blitzing a lot, at least 50 times I was in the QB's grill a millisecond from a sack and some hidden cannon in the QB's palm could shoot the ball wherever it wanted without any throwing motion or proper footwork.

This does happen time to time. But I used to see it alot more last gen...where you are sacking the QB and the ball just rockets out of his hand perfectly for a 80yd TD...that much is true.
Old 01-23-2009, 04:26 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krioniq
Foremost: Madden NFL 09 is indeed a fine game, a definite step in the right direction for the series, and a viable base to build upon for Madden 2010.

Second: I've no problem with a quarterback beating a jailbreak blitz by throwing to a hot receiver after a quick drop. However, it's the picture-perfect fade-away passes over blitzes by Ryan Fitzpatrick that tick me off.

In general, the game needs more unexciting inaccurate throws, and the AI needs to take a sack every once in a while.
This is one thing you never really see in madden that happens a lot in real life. The QB throwing the ball where noone can get it but near enough the reciever to avoid intentional grounding or throwing it where the reciever might be able to catch it with a spectacular play but really almost never can just to keep it out of the defenses reach. Brady does this a lot. Can't remember how many times he threw the ball at welker's feet to avoid a sack or int.
Old 01-23-2009, 04:32 PM   #20
MVP

Jet Sufferer's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsmallwood
This does happen time to time. But I used to see it alot more last gen...where you are sacking the QB and the ball just rockets out of his hand perfectly for a 80yd TD...that much is true.
I'm talking Madden 09 and I'm talking DEAD TO RIGHTS situations where if he tried to throw it would most likely be a fumble or a sack if he managed to hang on to the ball. Sucked all the joy out of getting to the QB.
Old 01-23-2009, 04:41 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 11

Quote:
I'm talking Madden 09 and I'm talking DEAD TO RIGHTS situations where if he tried to throw it would most likely be a fumble or a sack if he managed to hang on to the ball. Sucked all the joy out of getting to the QB.
The smile on your face gets bigger and bigger as your linebacker blitzes from the outside. You see there is no one that can stop him, no one to slow him down. Every blocker already has someone picked up. Quarterback starts running backwards and launches the ball away as he gets hit. Right on the button. 10 yard completion. Another 3rd down converted. Smile gone
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2009, 04:44 PM   #22
MVP

bigsmallwood's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:

Understandable.
Old 01-23-2009, 05:31 PM   #23
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

LOL!
Old 01-23-2009, 08:01 PM   #24
Don't Trust Influencers

ChubbyBanana's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by briax87
The smile on your face gets bigger and bigger as your linebacker blitzes from the outside. You see there is no one that can stop him, no one to slow him down. Every blocker already has someone picked up. Quarterback starts running backwards and launches the ball away as he gets hit. Right on the button. 10 yard completion. Another 3rd down converted. Smile gone
That would suck the happiness out of any player...

Twitch Stream

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »