Home

My Defense of Madden NFL 09

This is a discussion on My Defense of Madden NFL 09 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-23-2009, 11:10 PM   #25
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: My Defense of Madden NFL 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsmallwood
I hear people complaining about Robo-QB...but in reality most of you have no concept of how to play defense.
Quote:
Take some time to learn the game!
Quote:
and people stop complaining about sliders and all these things and just learn how to play football.
Every year.....
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2009, 11:55 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
Every year.....
Agreed, there're some major problems and the Madden team knows it. No sense defending the greatest flaws of the game to try and argue that it's not a bad game, not to mention then question the football IQ of everyone who plays the game. Is it an improvement over previous years? Absolutely, but compared to the quality of some other games at the same price range (different genres obviously) a lot more quality can be had. I hope the game takes another big step next year, but I'm not going to buy it instantly like years past.
Old 01-23-2009, 11:56 PM   #27
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

I do agree with the Robo QB. I dont have that problem with it either, Mixing up defenses with line audibles and hiding blitzes, showing blitz then drop back, etc etc. I hear all of this complaining but it is not a problem with me.

Personally I enjoyed madden 09, It was fun but it did not have staying power. The Online Leagues were stupid, The Offline franchise was a snoozer, and the Ingame Presentation and atmosphere was lackluster at best.

Thats why I have hope for Madden 2010, Madden 09 is a really great foundation to build off of, If Ian and Co. Listened to us then we really have nothing to worry about.

But if The Franchise and ingame atmosphere are not Improved, They might as well not come back cause this place will not be very friendly. Right now I am giving them the benefit of the Doubt that Madden 2010 will be great.
Old 01-24-2009, 12:28 AM   #28
All Star

OVR: 33

robo qb is a result of people complaining that using the vision cone was too hard.

vision cone differentiated qbs. And now, since all qbs are the same, we have robo qb.
Old 01-24-2009, 07:17 PM   #29
MVP

bigsmallwood's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
robo qb is a result of people complaining that using the vision cone was too hard.

vision cone differentiated qbs. And now, since all qbs are the same, we have robo qb.

Thats it! Exactly!
Old 01-24-2009, 07:29 PM   #30
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated

Wrong. Robo-Qb is a separate issue than the vision cone all together. In the years before vision cone, this wasn't an issue. In the games that never had it, it wasn't an issue (in fact, one complaint about 2K5, for example, was the CPU didn't complete enough passes...no vision cone there).

There are several things going into it, I'd imagine. Meaningless ratings would be one. Seemingly no significant programming for errant passes would be another. General AI quirks would fall into this as well, I'd assume (there has to be a corrolation between the AI being able to complete these passes and the defense seemingly being able to read all your audibles...something's not right with the system).

To clarify, none of this is an indictment of the vision cone. I liked it too and though it could be a good step.

It's just not accurate to say that it's absence is the cause for "robo-QB."
Old 01-25-2009, 08:48 AM   #31
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
This does happen time to time. But I used to see it alot more last gen...where you are sacking the QB and the ball just rockets out of his hand perfectly for a 80yd TD...that much is true.
No it does not happen from time to time, it happens every time. I use the Chiefs and I take control of DL Glen Dorsey. Every time I get through to the QB he all of the sudden becomes a super human and rockets the ball out before I can hit him. Some times he will throw and INT but most of the time it's a completion that would never happen in real life.

I do not dislike Madden 09, I agree it's a step in the right direction, but for you to defend the Robo QB in the game is a waste of your time. It's there and it's a game killer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2009, 03:30 PM   #32
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Sadly, at least in my opinion....Robo QB is a necessary evil with Madden '09', speaking as a franchise player.

With really no consistent cpu running game, Robo QB provides the only challenge with the '09' game. Hopefully with '10', a more realistic balance will be struck between the cpu's run/pass ability.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »