Home

My Defense of Madden NFL 09

This is a discussion on My Defense of Madden NFL 09 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-28-2009, 02:10 PM   #49

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: My Defense of Madden NFL 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsmallwood
Lets not get it twisted...I am not here to "talk down to anybody"
Really??

Quote:
You sound like you took the elementary school approach to just bull rush a LB from the outside...easily blocked. Why don't you try working between the tackles. lol
Quote:
Please. Spare me your pathetic attempt at trying to cover up your lame skills with the sticks.
Those quotes would appear to be you talking down to others.
Old 01-28-2009, 02:32 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Sacks have 2 be earned. Its a part of the game. You sound like you took the elementary school approach to just bull rush a LB from the outside...easily blocked. Why don't you try working between the tackles. lol
It's not easily blocked if all the offensive lineman are already occupied with other defenders. I play in a 3-4 and my OLB comes untouched off the edge and for some magical reason, the Tackle or Guard release from their block and use their shark perphrial vision to cut block me inches from the QB. Right before he throws a strike off his back foot into double coverage.
Old 01-28-2009, 03:19 PM   #51
MVP

bigsmallwood's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by emceegrendel
It's not easily blocked if all the offensive lineman are already occupied with other defenders. I play in a 3-4 and my OLB comes untouched off the edge and for some magical reason, the Tackle or Guard release from their block and use their shark perphrial vision to cut block me inches from the QB. Right before he throws a strike off his back foot into double coverage.
Send the D-Lineman on a stunt( individual defense audible) on the side that you are trying to rush towards and that will occupy the O-lineman.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2009, 03:20 PM   #52
MVP

bigsmallwood's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Really??

Those quotes would appear to be you talking down to others.

I can see how this would be taken as rude...my apologies to anyone who was offended.
Old 01-28-2009, 05:18 PM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Send the D-Lineman on a stunt( individual defense audible) on the side that you are trying to rush towards and that will occupy the O-lineman.
I've tried pretty much everything. The OLB blitz is just one example of how much disappointment i have with this game. It happens with every defender that gets near the QB for me. Linemen, Linebackers, and Safeties. The only ones that have a more than 10% chance of actually getting the sack are if i send a cornerback blitz. I get what your trying to say, but like someone stated earlier. It sucks that real life strategies just don't work in Madden.
Old 01-28-2009, 05:35 PM   #54
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Lets not get it twisted...I am not here to "talk down to anybody"....I merely know how 90% of people tend to play sports games and football more in particular. SO I am just saying that yea, I enjoy the game and willl hopefully love 10'...but in the meantime, all the slime that has been written about this game is not true. Yes the QB does complete ridiculous passes....but a large part of the game is made where you make adjustments that real teams do...thats all I am saying.
I didn't get anything twisted,your comments were out of line.

Also,how do you "know how 90% of people play football?" do you know 90% of the people here? or are you speaking more of your friends?

The stuff wrtiien about Madden IS true,whether you choose to believe it or not,is your decision.
1-suction blocking? -check
2-strong performances from the cpu qb?-check
3-improper ol/dl interaction? check

This is just a small sample. If I would venture to guess,most (if not all) of the people here try to play as sim as possible,and based on what I've read and encountered first hand,I would tend to trust these guys MORE,then someone who comes on the boards saying it's "our stick skills" and "the slime is not true".

I know Madden is headed in a different direction thanks to Ian and Phil,but this years game has alot of issues that have plagued the series since its introduction to the "next gen" hardware.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 01-28-2009, 06:59 PM   #55
MVP

OVR: 15

Believe me, pal. I know how to get sacks against the CPU in Madden 09. I got 93 sacks in a single season. All 4 of starting LBs and one backup had +10 sacks, only I didn't do this by "mixing up blitzes." I found a few money plays that got consistent pressure, rotated my LBs around to distribute sacks, and shut down the CPU easily. The strategy I used in no way resembled anything you will ever see in an actual football game.

For example, in an actual game, as you know, most teams tend to attempt to rush the passer from the weakside, typically to the left of the OL. When I am sacking the QB, my blitzers are coming from the strongside. While it's not absurd for a strongside pass rusher to sack the QB (Strahan broke the sack record rushing from the strongside), the top pass rushers in the league are consistently weakside rushers. I'm not attacking the right side due to any particular weaknesses of the RT. I just find it easier to sack the QB from that side. Of those 93 sacks I got in a single season, 90% came from the strongside, 4% came from the occasional DL sack, 6% came from the middle/corner/safety/weakside blitzers. Aside from the fact that unless pass blocking is banned 93 sacks will never happen, I'm getting all my pressure from where only the Steve Youngs and Michael Vicks of the world wouldn't see me coming. Theoretically speaking, right handed QBs should see my guys coming and be able to get rid of the ball better, but because Madden does not properly simulate this pretty minute feature of actual football, they look LaMarr Woodley in the eye just as he bringz da painz.

The obvious flaws that exist in Madden aren't the result of people just sucking. The regular posters here are some of the more hardcore sportsgamers out there. To dismiss their opinions as a result of their lack of skill shows either a) you have no clue what you're talking about or b) you're in denial. That sounds pretty harsh, and I'm sorry if it was, but I'm not alone in my evaluation of Madden.

Please don't talk down to me like I'm some kind of idiot that's never played a football game before. It's rude, condescending and outright wrong. Madden when playing against the CPU is hardly a game of skill.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2009, 10:40 PM   #56
MVP

bigsmallwood's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CW McGraw
Believe me, pal. I know how to get sacks against the CPU in Madden 09. I got 93 sacks in a single season. All 4 of starting LBs and one backup had +10 sacks, only I didn't do this by "mixing up blitzes." I found a few money plays that got consistent pressure, rotated my LBs around to distribute sacks, and shut down the CPU easily. The strategy I used in no way resembled anything you will ever see in an actual football game.

For example, in an actual game, as you know, most teams tend to attempt to rush the passer from the weakside, typically to the left of the OL. When I am sacking the QB, my blitzers are coming from the strongside. While it's not absurd for a strongside pass rusher to sack the QB (Strahan broke the sack record rushing from the strongside), the top pass rushers in the league are consistently weakside rushers. I'm not attacking the right side due to any particular weaknesses of the RT. I just find it easier to sack the QB from that side. Of those 93 sacks I got in a single season, 90% came from the strongside, 4% came from the occasional DL sack, 6% came from the middle/corner/safety/weakside blitzers. Aside from the fact that unless pass blocking is banned 93 sacks will never happen, I'm getting all my pressure from where only the Steve Youngs and Michael Vicks of the world wouldn't see me coming. Theoretically speaking, right handed QBs should see my guys coming and be able to get rid of the ball better, but because Madden does not properly simulate this pretty minute feature of actual football, they look LaMarr Woodley in the eye just as he bringz da painz.

The obvious flaws that exist in Madden aren't the result of people just sucking. The regular posters here are some of the more hardcore sportsgamers out there. To dismiss their opinions as a result of their lack of skill shows either a) you have no clue what you're talking about or b) you're in denial. That sounds pretty harsh, and I'm sorry if it was, but I'm not alone in my evaluation of Madden.

Please don't talk down to me like I'm some kind of idiot that's never played a football game before. It's rude, condescending and outright wrong. Madden when playing against the CPU is hardly a game of skill.

Okay...I backtracked my so-called rude comment....so I am not sure of why you are ranting here....furthermore, Madden is a game of skill. Try those cheesy tactics against a seasoned gamer. 93 sacks won't be happening my friend...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »