Home

[Random] Greenscreen feature for the future

This is a discussion on [Random] Greenscreen feature for the future within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-25-2009, 12:11 AM   #49
Life is short Pray hard!

Sundropjunkie's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: [Random] Greenscreen feature for the future

I can't wait!

Baltimore Ravens
Tennessee Volunteers,USC,Oregon
Atlanta Braves
Chicago Bulls

GT: Sundropjunkie
Old 01-25-2009, 02:08 PM   #50
cdj
Rookie

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
That's an assumption though...would you all use it? How exactly do you think you could use it?
That would be a really cool addition for Madden/NCAA. I could see a lot of guys using it to easily get pics of players for Dynasty/Legend Reports, avatars of favorite players, etc. The possibilities really are huge with this. It doesn't aid the game so much as it would aid community endeavors and projects. Though, that in turn aids the game.
Old 01-25-2009, 03:32 PM   #51
MVP

mastershake88's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Just saw the news release on the Madden 09 Superbowl sim results (I still like the Cards in an upset), but they had a few greenscreen images of players along with the article:
Attachment 12252

I wish we had a way to release this power to consumers - I would assume you all could find ways to do all kinds of cool stuff. That's an assumption though...would you all use it? How exactly do you think you could use it?

(PS there's no way this could be in Madden 10 )

remember the newspaper articles in madden 05?....there ya go problem solved.
Decade of Excellence
FHS '06, UMBC,'13,CCBC '15 UMUC '15

Last edited by mastershake88; 01-25-2009 at 03:36 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2009, 03:43 PM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Just saw the news release on the Madden 09 Superbowl sim results (I still like the Cards in an upset), but they had a few greenscreen images of players along with the article:
Attachment 12252

I wish we had a way to release this power to consumers - I would assume you all could find ways to do all kinds of cool stuff. That's an assumption though...would you all use it? How exactly do you think you could use it?

(PS there's no way this could be in Madden 10 )
i think madden nfl 2010 should take its game to a hole different level starting with the players in edit player mode i think the players should look like their real selves with more color gloves not just plan colors but all their colors like their uniforms, different kinds this time and their cleaks should have more chooses like nike and jordan cleaks add color cleaks not just plain reeboks they need too add different kinds, and tiles hanging off their pants with quarterback and wide recievers hand warmer bags and face warmers making them look just like the players when it gets cold on the fields and helmet face masksess need to improve and players body movement and body sculptures because defensive backs look like they linebackers out their with those big shoulder pads,shoulder pads need more improvement ea sports need to put more time in designing the players so madden can be a even big seller this year because i was dispointed with the madden 09 models they looked nothing like each other and it was a waisted of my money,i think madden should add new edit player mode features that will give nfl madden 2010 a big jump on what the next gen is goin to look like it would make madden fans all around the world alot happier i'm a former football player myself i know how other players and fans think about it trust me thanks for letting me share my thoughts with u form biggwoods #75 p.s. tell ea sports
Old 01-25-2009, 04:04 PM   #53
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Ian I have to disagree with you here, I think if you took the numbers of the video game player model people would think that is Bettis and not Parker. For example you should put up Justin Fargas, DMac and Micheal Bush(Sorry Im a Raider Fan ) leave of the number and put them all in the same equipment and we should be able to tell them apart based on the way the body shape is. Granted you would have to make Fargas a little darker but you get my drift. Madden is missing that type of individuality as far as player models are concern. Sorry for getting of topic!
Jared Lorenzen is also too skinny in the game, he needs to be bigger and bulkier.
Old 01-25-2009, 04:17 PM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 11

lol, I actually remember going into the game to see what he looked like and was dissapointed when I saw he was skinny and looked like a normal QB.

...Uh, by the way. I don't really mean to go off topic here, but something that has bothered me is that most QBs in the NFL wear an extra pad around their waist, in madden it's not there (and not even an option). I think if you added that and also more Quarterback specific tackles/animations then it would add some extra immersion into the game. I hate seeing the same 5 tackles on a QB over and over. (that is if Robo QB ever allows a sack )
24-8 Madden 12 Record.
Old 01-25-2009, 07:18 PM   #55
MVP

cedwebb's Arena

OVR: 11

If we were able to use this feature I would use it to take photos of current Vikings players, and hopefully have an option to put the photos I took and put them along the back walls of the Metrodome. I am sick of looking at imags of Culpepper and Chaveus in 2009. Hint hint Ian..Can you please fix the dome as those players havn't played there in years and the Dome no longer has those player images. Well not those players anyway.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2009, 08:39 PM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 7

First, Green screen is honestly useless from a video game perspective. I happen to produce a weekly video for a league I am in, using madden highlights as well as other stuff. I just don't see a use that would make delegating development time justifiable.

In re: to the graphics that seems to have every ones attention, I am happy by the comment you made, because I know you wouldn't say that without good reason, so I am sure I will be happy to see the results. But in the end , I think the current graphics are good enough, my concern would be with AI, mainly in o-line/d-line interaction, and adjusting the secondary and WR play to make it fair and even game. I am hoping for big improvements in this area and presentation, as well as any other areas.

Check out our madden league show!! -->

http://exposureroom.com/members/EMAn...1fbce348cd853/

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »