Home

Madden 10 DLC

This is a discussion on Madden 10 DLC within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-28-2009, 11:33 AM   #33
MVP

OVR: 39
Re: Madden 10 DLC

Don't you think adding additional broadcast crews would be huge..What about if they offered an extended playoff atmosphere package or extended Franchise options?
Old 01-28-2009, 11:55 AM   #34
Banned

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
Personally, I love discussing the topic of DLC, especially pay-DLC, because it is such an unbelievably slippery slope that can so quickly turn the gaming media against you...some examples:
http://kotaku.com/5137664/skate-2-dl...-lazy-consumer
http://kotaku.com/370694/ea-charging...ompany-weapons

I definitely have my own (strong) opinions about PDLC, but I'm really curious what you guys think. Where would you draw the line with a game like Madden? In your opinion, what features/unlocks/additions do you think are feasible to pay for, and what features aren't?

Just to kick things off, IMO unlocking art assets that are on the disc should never be an option (i.e. you have an old stadium on the disc but make people pay to use it)...that's just not cool.
what kind of opinions do you have about DLC?

for example...some of your ideas

things like more uniforms are a waste ESPECIALLY when you cant use them online.

things like having a DLC with a game more tailored to SIM would be better.

and instead of doing east/west lobbies online, can you make a forum for SIM 1, SIM 2 etc

hopefully weed the cheesers out or make them play eachother

2 disc madden = the way to go

one for the "average fan" one for the sim guys ala gran tourismo 2 disc(one for arcade, 1 for simulation)
Old 01-28-2009, 12:04 PM   #35
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by thudias
Don't you think adding additional broadcast crews would be huge..What about if they offered an extended playoff atmosphere package or extended Franchise options?

no that should already be in the game...I hate the thought of that coming with an additional cost.(Maybe not broadcast Crews, because the audio and disk space would be huge and not feasable on a disk)

I hate ffing DLC and "Milk-it-Place" on xbox! Devs shouldn't even think about it until after the games been on the shelf for a while. All their efforts should be going into making the game jam packed right out of the box.

Before long we'll be seeing what they do with NCAA College Basketball...charging for a roster update and Tournament Bracket

The whole idea of HC being seperate pissed me off in much the same way as Milk-It-Place content. For Madden not to be able to have an actual Team Sized roster this long is just freaking insane...and infuriating

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Last edited by SteelerSpartan; 01-28-2009 at 12:08 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2009, 12:17 PM   #36
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

Is it possible to create DLC during the season based off what's happening in real life? For instance, the Jets throwback uniforms were not in the game, so I'm sure some fans wanted that updated. Also, new plays and formations that come up during the season (Wildcat) could be added. In 2007 the Pats ran the shotgun almost exclusively so the DLC could have been a new Pats playbook that reflected the change from the beginning of the season.
Old 01-28-2009, 12:43 PM   #37
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerSpartan
no that should already be in the game...I hate the thought of that coming with an additional cost.(Maybe not broadcast Crews, because the audio and disk space would be huge and not feasable on a disk)

I hate ffing DLC and "Milk-it-Place" on xbox! Devs shouldn't even think about it until after the games been on the shelf for a while. All their efforts should be going into making the game jam packed right out of the box.

Before long we'll be seeing what they do with NCAA College Basketball...charging for a roster update and Tournament Bracket

The whole idea of HC being seperate pissed me off in much the same way as Milk-It-Place content. For Madden not to be able to have an actual Team Sized roster this long is just freaking insane...and infuriating
Good point about the roster size thing..Just so I am clear you would be OK with different commentating teams as DLC?

Now on to the bigger issue...Now that we established there may be a market how much would you be willing to pay?

Example...I would pay 5.99-9.99 for additional commentating teams to be added to my game.

I would pay 2.99 to have the stadium fly overs pregame that will be removed this year.
Old 01-28-2009, 01:40 PM   #38
MVP

OVR: 27

I'm more concerned with EA finding a way to work something out with Microsoft so that the patch situation can be more smooth. Not getting that last DLC didn't sit too well.

Anyway, if there was any DLC that I'd want more than anything though, it would be old Madden's. I wish I could get '98 from PS1 so I could play it on my 360. But perhaps '98 would be too large a download.
Old 01-28-2009, 02:31 PM   #39
Rookie

oChaos_Nine's Arena

OVR: 11

IMO we shouldn't have to pay for extra announcers, I think they should be in the game. And why should we pay EA to use ESPN? They want us to foot the bill for ESPN's rights? If things like these are not in the game because of "disk space" but offered as DLC later, I would expect EA to catch even more hell (from Hardcore fans) because they didn't include it originally.

BTW I don't think anybody will miss the outside stadium shots, useless IMO.

I don't believe alt uni's are worth paying for either, they should be included.

Paying for HoF unlocks & cheaper contracts for them might be interesting, but until Franchise takes a step forward it wouldn't be worth it.
Old 01-28-2009, 02:36 PM   #40
MVP

I think the one thing everyone agrees on is that we shouldn't have to pay for patches to fix core issues.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »