Home

Madden 10 DLC

This is a discussion on Madden 10 DLC within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-28-2009, 02:37 PM   #41
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: Madden 10 DLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by oChaos_Nine
IMO we shouldn't have to pay for extra announcers, I think they should be in the game. And why should we pay EA to use ESPN? They want us to foot the bill for ESPN's rights? If things like these are not in the game because of "disk space" but offered as DLC later, I would expect EA to catch even more hell (from Hardcore fans) because they didn't include it originally.

BTW I don't think anybody will miss the outside stadium shots, useless IMO.

I don't believe alt uni's are worth paying for either, they should be included.

Paying for HoF unlocks & cheaper contracts for them might be interesting, but until Franchise takes a step forward it wouldn't be worth it.
As far as the ESPN presentation goes, It has been said here a few times that they cannot Use the ESPN license. The powers that be are not allowing it, so it is out of Ians hands...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2009, 02:46 PM   #42
Rookie

oChaos_Nine's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusefan
As far as the ESPN presentation goes, It has been said here a few times that they cannot Use the ESPN license. The powers that be are not allowing it, so it is out of Ians hands...
Yeah I get that, but a lot of people are saying they would pay for it as DLC. I was just saying that I wouldn't.
Old 01-28-2009, 02:50 PM   #43
Banned

FootballDetails's Arena

OVR: 30

DLC should be used to keep the game accurate by providing updated playbooks and uniforms (if necessary).
Old 01-28-2009, 02:52 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by thudias
Good point about the roster size thing..Just so I am clear you would be OK with different commentating teams as DLC?

Now on to the bigger issue...Now that we established there may be a market how much would you be willing to pay?

Example...I would pay 5.99-9.99 for additional commentating teams to be added to my game.

I would pay 2.99 to have the stadium fly overs pregame that will be removed this year.
The slippery slope with paying for the announcers is you'll have to do it every year, which in a sense would turn the game from a 60$ to maybe a 75$ purchase for you every year.
Old 01-28-2009, 03:07 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 11

What are you already spending $60 for? I'm a college student and I buy two, maybe three games a year. I buy Madden because I simply get so much playing time out of it, but what do you actually get?

Well up to this point it's basically been online.

Franchise mode is broken and not rewarding (I love Franchise mode, but it does have too many flaws and other things).

Superstar is a joke and I haven't played it for more than 10 minutes since 06.

What else is there? Madden Moments? Alright those were cool but could have been done a lot better.

Play Now, Practice Mode, Mini Games, Create-A-Player/Team.

I mean right now I feel that paying $60 for Madden is asking a lot. I am aware that Franchise is going to be revamped for next year, we have a great new Lead Developer with us and all that other jazz. But as for DLC? I can't really think of anything I'd be willing to pay for that I won't feel should have been included in the game already.
24-8 Madden 12 Record.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2009, 03:19 PM   #46
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Details
DLC should be used to keep the game accurate by providing updated playbooks and uniforms (if necessary).
Couldn't playbooks and uniforms be updated with roster updates? I still can't think of anything I would actually purchase for DLC for a sports games.
Old 01-28-2009, 03:23 PM   #47
Banned

FootballDetails's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sausage
Couldn't playbooks and uniforms be updated with roster updates?

Apparently not. I also think the DLC should be free.
Old 01-28-2009, 09:00 PM   #48
MVP

bowdown2shadi's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
I have only paid for a few things on X360, one being Rock Band tracks, and the other being Reelmaker on a few of the 2k games.
Forgot to mension, I find RB/GH tracks acceptable for DLC, cause your favorite songs aren't always going to be in the game. So I understand your purchase Ian.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »