Home

Be on the lookout...

This is a discussion on Be on the lookout... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-28-2009, 11:59 AM   #73
Banned

OVR: 32
Re: Be on the lookout...

I would guess that referees and chain-gang are back...how about player-specific animations?...that would be great
Old 01-28-2009, 12:08 PM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 3

REALISTIC FRANCHISE GAMEPLAY THAT WOULD INCLUDE --
  • An accelerated clock and more accurate use of the clock from CPU-controlled teams, so you don't win every time-of-possession from every game of your franchised season? (We're all still waiting for the 15 minute-quarter games that will produce realistic results...)
  • Wind, rain, snow that affects the passing and kicking game?
  • Having the quality-testing team play an entire franchised season (or a few) to see if the sim engine produces accurate results?
    • In fact, if this is done well, how about fixing the sliders to the most accurate settings and making the fixes equate to "50" before shipping it out? I'm sure there are thousands of people who would volunteer to do this for free. Beta test?
  • Realistic amounts of penalties over a game or season?
  • Realistic pass blocking for your User-controlled team? (They fall asleep too often and the HUM-controlled team still allows too many sacks per game.)
  • More realistic CPU controlled punting.
  • More difficult User-controlled kicks and punts.
  • More return options for kickoffs and punts (and returns for each).
  • Defensive assignments!
  • Formation-specific substitutions, and realistic substitutions.
  • Realistic fatigue that is play-specific? (If your WR has run 5 straight post patterns, or your RB has touched the ball 5 straight times, they should be damn tired. Likewise, full teams should begin to fatigue in the 4th Q.)
  • Nagging player injuries that may reduce some of a player's ratings during the season?
  • Getting rid of pancakes and sacks-allowed stats...it's a distraction and it has never been accurate over the course of a season.
  • The ability to get rid of the ball when your QB goes into "avoid sack" mode (instead, you press a button and nothing happens and you get crushed for a sack)?
  • The ability to send receivers PARTIALLY in-motion, so that you can get a better read of the defense?
  • Fixing the "train active team" mode so that it's meaningful? Overhaul it completely to better prepare for the upcoming game?
  • Fix the player progression ratings to reflect the game-by-game performance and the weekly training a player receives?
  • Fix the on-field logos! (Ravens players get completely hidden into the on-field Ravens logo when you play them at home.)
  • Fix the ability of the QB to see the corners of field on pass plays, instead of guessing at the CB's after-snap coverage. (Instead of vision cone, why not just use the stick to flick the entire field left or right to change your view, like turning your head to the right or left? Isn't THAT more realistic?)
  • Fumbled snaps?
Old 01-28-2009, 12:14 PM   #75
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
Team News- Probably a little something introducing the team of course and maybe a nugget reiterating that no one on the current team is a tourney fan/player

Game News- It's gotta be something small so that the marketing folks won't get peeved about it. My guess is that it'll be a vid or something showing that all of WWE-over-the-top tackles have been removed?

That would be such a relief....seriously those types of tackles are like someone poking you in the back of the head while your playing...

It'd be like turning around and leveling whoever was doing it

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2009, 12:22 PM   #76
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
This Thursday we'll be dropping a pretty nice tidbit of information in regards to the Madden 10 team. We're supposed to have a new EA blog up by then, but I expect that we'll probably post it here as well so we can discuss it in more detail.

We'll also let everyone know when the first game-specific news is coming out...remember, we can't say anything officially new until "around the Super Bowl".

Anyone care to speculate what the news might be on Thursday, and/or the first bit of game information we'll drop after that?

If anyone guesses correctly, I'll get Phil to autograph a copy of your favorite Madden game.
Okay, my guess regarding the Madden team is that you guys have hired on one of our own to work in a quality control capacity. LBzrule is now staff.

Regarding the game tidbits, my guess is that it's related to signature styles.
Old 01-28-2009, 12:25 PM   #77
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpTheIrons
  • An accelerated clock and more accurate use of the clock from CPU-controlled teams, so you don't win every time-of-possession from every game of your franchised season? (We're all still waiting for the 15 minute-quarter games that will produce realistic results...)
  • Having the quality-testing team play an entire franchised season (or a few) to see if the sim engine produces accurate results?
    • In fact, if this is done well, how about fixing the sliders to the most accurate settings and making the fixes equate to "50" before shipping it out? I'm sure there are thousands of people who would volunteer to do this for free. Beta test?
  • Realistic amounts of penalties over a game or season?
  • Realistic pass blocking for your User-controlled team? (They fall asleep too often and the HUM-controlled team still allows too many sacks per game.)
  • More realistic CPU controlled punting.
  • More difficult User-controlled kicks and punts.
  • More return options for kickoffs and punts (and returns for each).
  • Defensive assignments!
  • Formation-specific substitutions, and realistic substitutions.
  • Realistic fatigue that is play-specific? (If your WR has run 5 straight post patterns, or your RB has touched the ball 5 straight times, they should be damn tired. Likewise, full teams should begin to fatigue in the 4th Q.)
  • Nagging player injuries that may reduce some of a player's ratings during the season?
  • Getting rid of pancakes and sacks-allowed stats...it's a distraction and it has never been accurate over the course of a season.
  • The ability to get rid of the ball when your QB goes into "avoid sack" mode (instead, you press a button and nothing happens and you get crushed for a sack)?
  • The ability to send receivers PARTIALLY in-motion, so that you can get a better read of the defense?
  • Fixing the "train active team" mode so that it's meaningful? Overhaul it completely to better prepare for the upcoming game?
  • Fix the player progression ratings to reflect the game-by-game performance and the weekly training a player receives?
  • Fix the on-field logos! (Ravens players get completely hidden into the on-field Ravens logo when you play them at home.)
  • Fix the ability of the QB to see the corners of field on pass plays, instead of guessing at the CB's after-snap coverage. (Instead of vision cone, why not just use the stick to flick the entire field left or right to change your view, like turning your head to the right or left? Isn't THAT more realistic?)
  • Fumbled snaps?

I think you have all your bases covered there.
Old 01-28-2009, 12:32 PM   #78
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Team News:

"Madden 10 brought to you by EA and Operation Sports!"

Madden News:

"We regret to inform everyone that the contract for another season of Madden Nation has been canceled and will NEVER be renewed."
Old 01-28-2009, 12:46 PM   #79
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpTheIrons
    • In fact, if this is done well, how about fixing the sliders to the most accurate settings and making the fixes equate to "50" before shipping it out? I'm sure there are thousands of people who would volunteer to do this for free. Beta test?...............
How does all of that fit into what's being asked in this thread? Us OS members take any opportunity to hijack a thread once we see Ian's name associated with. All of that could've gone into the wishlist forum.
Old 01-28-2009, 12:52 PM   #80
MVP

cedwebb's Arena

OVR: 11

This news is great news...any new info is gonna be great! I will take a shot in the dark about the announcements.

Team: Operation Sports is a big part of the Madden Team and the info gathered from here will be used in the making of madden 10.

Game: That alot of features you have seen in Fifa will make there way over into Madden in some way, shape, or form. I don't play Fifa so I don't know what the newest game enhancements are. Ony guessed this because Ian has said they are stealing all they can from Fifa.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »