Home

[EXCLUSIVE] Madden NFL 10 News!

This is a discussion on [EXCLUSIVE] Madden NFL 10 News! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-30-2009, 03:06 PM   #177
Banned

FootballDetails's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: [EXCLUSIVE] Madden NFL 10 News!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
What about Thursdays and Mondays? I mean the NFL is on those days too. You bunch of slackers!

LOL. Yeah, we only get what we see on Sundays? What's up with that?

Old 01-30-2009, 03:38 PM   #178
Rookie

OVR: 6
I told a number of my friends that I was done w/ Madden after this years because of the never ending frustrations...but now I am looking foward to it as much as I ever did...Great move to keep people updated so early, I think it will bring back most of the people who werent going to buy it again.
Old 01-30-2009, 04:32 PM   #179
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt8204
August seems so far away. At least the weekly updates will help to whet the appetite.
I'm tempted to wish it was August right now.

But up here in Northern Minny you don't dare wish our whole 6 weeks of summer away.

Ya Matt...the updates will be interesting to follow.
Old 01-30-2009, 04:45 PM   #180
Banned

OVR: 5

Has much as I loved Madden in the past, this kind of BS is getting old. Im tired of the Online crap and collision detection is WAAAAYYYY off, and DB and LBs react way to unrealisticly. I have moments to where I would see daylight on a run play only for the sky to turn dark on me because of a linemen who I ran past shoestring tackles me right off of a block ray lewis couldnt break from. There is way too many flaws with this game for them to fully give us a sunday gm experience in madded 10. His statement is a bit pre-mature at best and EA will suffer from those statements if and when this doenst come to fruition. It is mind boggling that after all these years EA always seem to take out the best qualities of madden as if they just completely forgot about them.
Old 01-30-2009, 05:06 PM   #181
Banned

If EA cared they would have took the time to go back to its roots and implement all those fun little features that created this money making machine called madden or just give the man back his name and hand the NFL gaming torch to some more competent devs. I see games doing way more than what madden puts out to tolerate the lazyness of EA's devs who NOW want to get feedback from its consumers who for the most part are the cheaters and cheeser they seem to listen in past madden wishlist. WRs dont spec catch everytime the ball is thrown to them now do they ofeten catch passes that are 5-8yds overthrown in the first place.

I have never met or seen a WR run an 80yd dash in under 3 secs with full gear on let alone no gear at all, but in madden 09 it happens. Physically this game is trash due to the unrealistic nature of the way the players move on the field when they make plays. How does a WR running full speed on a post route tackle in mid air a safety or DB when the momentum of the safety cleary has him in a very good position to make a return while the intended WR has to back track to try and make a play. Look at kickoffs and punts returns for proof, I clearly run past tacklers at full speed in one direction for them to turn around at the same rate of speed they were running when I past them up in the first place. Another issue with that is they could run into a blocker and stop in there tracks and take off running as if they had SONICS feet the whole time.

I exppected way more out of this generation of Madden and maybe thats why I am so dissapointed in there games. There are studios and devs losing jobs that would poor there heart and sould into there games only to have them ignored for games like madden that get spit out like chickens on a chick farm. I want the soul of the game to be established in the series, I want my emotions like Im typing here to pour out of my hands and into my controller. I wanna feel my palms get sweaty as Im trying to kick that gm winning FG against the winds or for a career long type of deal. There is too much disc space of the PS3 and too much raw processing power on both systems for them not to be utilzed the way I expcected or others. Send out a 4 month log beta that gets updated weekly so we as gamers can help u guys at EA achieve this. If not then hire people who have a love for the game like most of us that buy your games yr in and yr out.

How many times do I have to be online and suffer at the hands of some fool who wants to be just like the person who cheated him out of a gm right before he plaed me, only to return the favor to me and i end up writing and feeling like this. Scrambling QBs should pay the price, even the ones who intentionally scramble just to create an opening because he doesnt understand the gm but knows how to trick the AI into thinking he is going to take off running. Fix the damn QB contain, I have never seen a defensive end be bunched in like there blitzing the middle only to spread out and come in untouched like they do and sack me for a loss while 2 of my linemen sit there looking like where my assignment dissapear to. If EA cant get it right this year im gonna do them a favor and leave madden alone period. Quit making promises or statements that wont pan the f*ck out for the gamer, you feed us what we want and I promise you we will eat it up but if it dont turn out right, we will EAT YOU UP EA!!!

Last edited by SmokeCapone; 01-30-2009 at 05:51 PM. Reason: Fixed
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2009, 05:22 PM   #182
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

first, paragraphs would make that much easier to read. And second, there is a wishlist sub-forum for this type of discussion.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 01-30-2009, 05:48 PM   #183
MVP

OVR: 21

I understand why some of you guys are cynical about all of this, but give the new development team half a chance, would you? If the game comes out in August and is another disappointment, criticize all you want, but it makes no sense whatsoever to harp on what is already done and rip into the team when they're attempting to make this series over with our feedback. These guys can do nothing about previous Madden games.

New York Giants- 1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007.

PSN ID- matt8204
Old 01-30-2009, 05:51 PM   #184
Banned

Fixed, but sorry to make it feel like a wishlist it was more of a rant.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »