Home

[EXCLUSIVE] Madden NFL 10 News!

This is a discussion on [EXCLUSIVE] Madden NFL 10 News! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-31-2009, 06:31 PM   #217
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: [EXCLUSIVE] Madden NFL 10 News!

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt8204
I understand why some of you guys are cynical about all of this, but give the new development team half a chance, would you? If the game comes out in August and is another disappointment, criticize all you want, but it makes no sense whatsoever to harp on what is already done and rip into the team when they're attempting to make this series over with our feedback. These guys can do nothing about previous Madden games.
Great post Matt.

Myself...I do harbor some resentment towards EA because of where the "Next gen" Madden game is at this point. It's not fair of me to say this[because I wasn't there] but I can't help but feel that EA's past efforts with the newer gen Madden games have been very lackluster.

I think your advice is sound. Although it's tough to let go of the feelings of past disappointments...it's time for me to look forward now, rather than backward. It may still be the same ole EA...but there is a new team of Madden devs, and yes, they deserve a fair chance, without being constantly reminded of past failures...I think they get it by now.

As you alluded to...the doubters and convinced alike will find out in August. I feel sure of one thing, that Ian & Co will do their best.
Old 01-31-2009, 07:54 PM   #218
MVP

cowboy_kmoney's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes1
Great post Matt.

Myself...I do harbor some resentment towards EA because of where the "Next gen" Madden game is at this point. It's not fair of me to say this[because I wasn't there] but I can't help but feel that EA's past efforts with the newer gen Madden games have been very lackluster.

I think your advice is sound. Although it's tough to let go of the feelings of past disappointments...it's time for me to look forward now, rather than backward. It may still be the same ole EA...but there is a new team of Madden devs, and yes, they deserve a fair chance, without being constantly reminded of past failures...I think they get it by now.

As you alluded to...the doubters and convinced alike will find out in August. I feel sure of one thing, that Ian & Co will do their best.
Well put my friend Well putMy thoughts the same.
Old 01-31-2009, 08:08 PM   #219
Rookie

OVR: 3
We still never know what might happen...

Personally I think they are going balls-to-the-walls this time because of the new BACKBREAKER game that's going to come out and give Madden a run for its money.
Old 01-31-2009, 10:00 PM   #220
MVP

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Details
When the two-minute warning hits in the first half of the Super Bowl, how many people here are going to suddenly think about Operation Sports? I know where I'll be when the first half ends.

Briefly, though. There is the Super Bowl Halftime Show.
Not me, since I'll be at a friend's house who's not nearly as into Madden as I am. I'll probably be stuffing my face at halftime. But I'm definitely going to check out this site as soon as I get home.

New York Giants- 1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007.

PSN ID- matt8204
Old 01-31-2009, 10:08 PM   #221
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Footballfullback

Personally I think they are going balls-to-the-walls this time because of the new BACKBREAKER game that's going to come out and give Madden a run for its money.
Doubtful. Last I read, Backbreaker was "still in developement"....and that was about a year ago. No word/new videos/news since.

I honestly believe Ian and company are just motivated to be the first team in NG Madden to honestly break through and become the team that turns the franchise around, even without competition. Ian knows what we've been complaining about, and is determined to fix it.

Either that, or the crew are politicians in disguise, able to be very good liars........(My vote is the formal, not the latter!)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2009, 11:16 PM   #222

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Sufferer
We got a teaser thread about "big news Thursday" which turned into a teaser thread about "big news Sunday".

I feel.......................teased!

If Sunday's halftime thread is "big news Tuesday" I will throw a virtual tomato at Ian.
thats not really true...we were told we would be given news about the team on Thursday (which we were) and news about the game would follow.
Old 01-31-2009, 11:38 PM   #223
MVP

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Footballfullback

In terms of pure quality, maybe. Sales-wise, no football game will ever give Madden a run for its money unless it has real NFL teams and players. That's just reality.

New York Giants- 1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007.

PSN ID- matt8204
Old 02-01-2009, 12:58 AM   #224
MVP

OVR: 26

If anyone hasnt heard about Josh from head coach then I would consider saying it is noteworthy to check how active he was in OC after head coach's release.

I rememeber picking up head coach and finding some heavy duty glitches that nearly killed the game before it started and he and a few others spent their time helping people come up with work arounds until he and his team could fix the problems in an update.

If they just bring common sense logic for drafting and player growth by performance and the health/injury of players that was present in head coach, madden will already be ahead by a mile....if the manage to get an online league even if its limited to 10 human controlled teams...they will be 1000 miles ahead.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »