Home

[EXCLUSIVE] Madden NFL 10 News!

This is a discussion on [EXCLUSIVE] Madden NFL 10 News! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-09-2009, 09:49 AM   #273
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: [EXCLUSIVE] Madden NFL 10 News!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigma4Life
Another thing I'd like for EA to add is a rating for how well a player can locate the ball and make a play on it, especially on deep throws. I think it would be great if lower rated players had a large circle indicating where the ball will land. Higher rated players have a smaller circle and can make a more precise play on the ball.
Please EA, no more meters, icons, circles, ect. The last thing we need are more flashing lights on the screen.
Old 02-10-2009, 06:08 PM   #274
Pro

Sigma4Life's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
Please EA, no more meters, icons, circles, ect. The last thing we need are more flashing lights on the screen.
Sorry, but some icons and circles are necessary to simulate player characteristics for the human controlled player. How would you recommend simulating the difference between a player that is good at locating the ball and a player that isn't?
Old 02-11-2009, 10:34 AM   #275
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigma4Life
Sorry, but some icons and circles are necessary to simulate player characteristics for the human controlled player. How would you recommend simulating the difference between a player that is good at locating the ball and a player that isn't?
I wouldn't. Locating the ball is only an issue on deep passes, and I don't believe many WRs have a problem locating the ball. IMO, body control & timing are the key factors. Most WRs get to the spot, they just don't get their under enough control to make a play, or they mis-time their jump, or they get bumped off by a DB. But it's quite rare that I see a WR not able to locate a deep ball.

When I see Fitzgerald & Moss make these plays, they're usually jumping over someone that was just as good getting under the ball as them. The difference is they get there under control while their opponent is off balance and unable to make a strong attempt on the ball. In Fitzgerald's case, I think his strength helps as well. He doesn't get bumped off track and quite often uses his body to do just that to DBs.

Reed makes those plays with his anticipation and athletic ability. I don't believe he locates the ball better than anyone else. I believe his experience, knowledge & preparation get him to the ball quicker & more often. And then he has that same level of body control when it comes to getting to the ball under control so he can make a play.

IMO, minipulating a players ability to locate the ball is unecessary. I believe the effect you're looking for can be accomplished with a number of approach, jump & bump animations. Fitzgerald, Moss & others get to the spot under control and jump perfectly most of the time. Lesser WRs may stumble when gathering themselves to jump and not jump as high, jump late or jump off target as a result. Fitzgerald's strength can help provide space around him where a smaller WR may get bumped off target when approaching the ball.

There are a number of factors that go into making plays on deep balls. IMO, locating the ball is the least of them. But I wouldn't mind it being in the game if a non-invasive method was used.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2009, 01:08 PM   #276
Rookie

OVR: 3

I think everyone who is bagging on the new madden team, and screaming improve gameplay should be more specific, gameplay is a pretty broad topic, the devs have said they want input, so why not give it to them......its easy to dwell on the failures of the past Maddens but it appears that they are atleast trying to give the community what its been asking for why not cooperate with them, its a new day anything is possible
Old 02-11-2009, 11:40 PM   #277
Rookie

OVR: 5

i wanna see some jump balls.the ball locating imo is a great idea.i think strght of the wideout reciever should all be raised from between 55-95. guys that can get open without getting seperation like fitzgerald or moss should have their strgth int he 90's.they should to be able to muscle cb's and win the jump ball even when there is great coverage.
Old 02-12-2009, 10:27 PM   #278
Rookie

OVR: 8

to anyone chiming in about franchise, you need to understand. no game company, especially not ea sports, want to make a deep franchise mode that will keep you playing for seasons on because of one reason THEY WANT YOU BUYING THE NEW GAME EACH YEAR. They could care less about replayability. as long as it gets you through a half a year
Old 02-13-2009, 01:53 AM   #279
bls
MVP

bls's Arena

OVR: 8

Isnt that statement the same as "If its in the game, its in the game" ?
Old 02-13-2009, 02:09 AM   #280
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldskoolmaddenfanz27
to anyone chiming in about franchise, you need to understand. no game company, especially not ea sports, want to make a deep franchise mode that will keep you playing for seasons on because of one reason THEY WANT YOU BUYING THE NEW GAME EACH YEAR. They could care less about replayability. as long as it gets you through a half a year

Disagree. Just read the franchise features for MLB 09 The Show. It's gonna be one of the deepest modes yet. Also, the baseball season is much longer than football, and it wouldn't surprise me if I'm still playing The Show in September/October, since the seasons overlap.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »