Home

Am I Seeing Things?

This is a discussion on Am I Seeing Things? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-03-2009, 11:20 AM   #25
MVP

OVR: 27
Re: Am I Seeing Things?

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnprestonevans
I think the proper position and focal length of your camera is imperative to the overall quality of the game. I like what your team did last year to open it up to see more of the field. Obviously it’s going to make your players look smaller in the interest of showing us all our passing options.

There is a fine balance between a camera that is good for gameplay and one(s) that are good for presentation. The "classic" or "madden" cams are solid for passing but hardly represent Everything You See on Sunday. I think the solution to this issue is to offer a variety of camera options - like Head Coach 09 does. Cinematic and broadcast are my 2 favorite options and I would love to see them used in Madden 10's incredible graphics engine.
There's got to be a revision of the post-play cameras too as they are about 95% awful and certainly not broadcast in any way, especially with all the strange zooming out.

But as for gameplay cams, they've got to be adjustable. It's possible that they could nail it with set-in-stone varieties to choose from, but the bottom line is that adjustable is best; adjustable is where all the other EA Sports games have gone, it's where sports games of last gen already went, and it's long overdue for Madden in this gen to step up and give us this very basic thing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2009, 01:39 PM   #26
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: Am I Seeing Things?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
I've always been content with the default camera angle, and wouldn't be able to play any other way.

Imo, thats why there haven't been adjustable camera angles yet, the majority(?)/casuals have no use for it.

But would be quite good for it to be in madden 10.
I agree that the angle is probably going to be the most used, but I also campaine for varying DEGREES and DEPTH to that angle. Maybe I want to zoom all the way out and raise the camera, so I can see my wide receivers pre-snap defaultly. Maybe I want to put the camera ALL the way above the players to give me an x's and o's feel.

Let's get the fantasy football section poppin!
http://www.operationsports.com/forums/fantasy-football/

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »