Home

The First Official Feature For Madden NFL 10!

This is a discussion on The First Official Feature For Madden NFL 10! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-01-2009, 08:53 PM   #65
Pro

OVR: 16
Re: The first official feature for Madden NFL 10!

For those who said they were "underwhelmed" or that it won't make a huge difference: The game is still 6 1/2 months away like Ian said, and they are just releasing basic stuff right now. The bigger additions, etc. will be later. This new tech will be a great addition to the game. I think it's going to be awesome.

Emotions I would like to see:

Boasting/cocky like someone else said. To go along with that-laughing maybe (for the defense when the offense screws up or joking around in the huddle)
Dejected, sad, Frustrated (when the team loses or when a Defensive player gets burned for a TD)
Excited, happy
Tired
Angry
Intimidating/Intimidated or scared

I kind of would like to see PA implemented for everyone on the field, just at different times. Like after the running back runs through the line, the offensive linemen on the far side of the field will turn and watch the play since they are not part of the play. I think the ball should be a target for all players on the field if it's possible to implement PA at different times during the play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2009, 08:54 PM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 4
I agree this would be best implemented for the offensive line.
Old 02-01-2009, 08:54 PM   #67
MVP

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeybutlerz
If implemented correctly and if it plays into the functionality of the players, this could be a huge tool for improving the atmosphere and giving the game a more organic feel.
No doubt! Man, I'm actually really pumped now!
Old 02-01-2009, 08:55 PM   #68
MVP

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by g2thecore
This may be a long shot, but I think a new "hand-eye coordination" rating could be added for players (especially receivers). I believe that the eye tracking could prove very valuable to such a rating.

Basically, players with great "hand-eye coordination" (i.e. Larry Fitzgerald) can track the ball in mid-air a lot better in order to make a catch than say a linebacker.
Yeah, now we're talking!
Old 02-01-2009, 08:55 PM   #69
Rookie

strong safety's Arena

OVR: 1
Cool and exciting stuff for being 6-7 months out, keep the updates coming!

Alot of guys nailed it in previous posts, emotion. Madden needs more of that in my opinion. Nothing over the top and gamey, but if its done right and you guys use that tech shown in those videos, that could be excellent! Close ups after big plays (like said earlier, watch Lewis or Porter on sacks or big losses). Steve Smith after a big gain and his crazy intense look.

On the gameplay side, its all about player individual awareness and how this can be used in coverages, blitz pickups, tracking ball carries (like Sproles!), reciever route running and adjustments, and so on. Sounds like you guys have the right idea. Keep up the good work! Looking forward to more and glad the community can be heard this year more than ever
Old 02-01-2009, 08:56 PM   #70
Rookie

OVR: 7

I am sure they will throw new animations in there as well. I think that this is just one of the little techy things that Ian has been talking about. Something small that will make the gamplay and presentation of the game better. More realistic emotions are always good. More realistic game play is always good as well.
This little thing as alot have called it will make a BIG impact.

Last edited by DTown; 02-01-2009 at 09:18 PM.
Old 02-01-2009, 08:57 PM   #71
MVP

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeybutlerz
I'm wondering if it's going to have an effect on the actual players. Will the DB still make an INT he has no business making, with the sole difference that he follows the ball? If a WR has a step on a DB or if you're trying to throw over a LB who has his back turned (cover 2 up the seam for example), can they still make the play if their head doesn't get turned? Or will their head just turn for them and they'll make the play anyway?
Quoting the original post:
Quote:
"Well now we can make a DB track the ball realistically and we’ll make sure that he has a true line of sight before he can make a play on the ball."

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2009, 08:59 PM   #72
Banned

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I'd like to see this carried over to penalties. What I mean is, a defensive player being called for pass interference for face guarding a receiver and not "looking back" at the ball.
Could you implement it into the referees on the field actually having to see a call to make a call?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »