Home

Was anyone else disappointed by the Super Bowl announcement?

This is a discussion on Was anyone else disappointed by the Super Bowl announcement? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-02-2009, 03:06 PM   #57
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: Was anyone else disappointed by the Super Bowl announcement?

For those disappointed, what could/should he have said that would've been not disappointing in your opinion?

I guess the better way is ask is what would you have liked to heard in the announcement?

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 02-02-2009, 03:17 PM   #58
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
For those disappointed, what could/should he have said that would've been not disappointing in your opinion?

I guess the better way is ask is what would you have liked to heard in the announcement?
A playable TV broadcast camera angle sure would've amped up my own personal enthusiasm.
Old 02-02-2009, 03:27 PM   #59
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Everyone will have their own answer and everyone can't and won't be pleased with any ONE feature.

Opinions are like a-holes... that's kind of my problem with "disappointment" over one feature announcement when we've been told we'll get these weekly leading to the true marketing releases.
Old 02-02-2009, 03:35 PM   #60
Banned

OVR: 12

Will you chill out, it's feburary; the game won't be released for another seven months. I never expected Ian to drop a bomb; it's far too early in the development cycle.

Procedural awareness, if implemented correctly can do a lot for the gameplay and realism in the game. For one, it will prevent defenders that have their backs turned to the QB from making a play on the ball that they clearly shouldn't be able to see.

It can also revolutionize the QB position; right now, awarness is obsolete regarding the QB position because the user is the one making the decisions. The only attributes that really mean anything are throwing power, accuracy and speed. Vince Young is more effective the Kerry Collins in Madden; hell, he's more effective than P.Manning, Rivers and Brady for that matter. That's not realistic at all.

Procedural awarness could make decision making harder when using a QB with a lower awareness rating. If you've got P.Manning, he wouldn't lock on to receivers, and would look defenders off with ease making it easier to complete passes. A young QB like Flacco or Ryan would lock onto receivers, which would allow defenders sitting in zone coverage to read his eyes more easily and make a play on the ball.

This gives me an idea. Bring back the vision cone; however, the vision cone would be automatic. The user on offense wouldn't press anything to switch the cone from one WR to another. When you press a button to throw a pass to a receiver, if the cone doesn't happen to be on that particular receiver(because the QB isn't looking at him), the QB automatically will look at the receiver(the cone will switch to that receiver) before throwing the ball. How fast the QB locates the receiver would depend on
that QB's awareness rating.

Procedural awareness shouldn't just make the defenders located the ball prior to making a play on it; procedural awareness should also make the QBs locate the WR before throwing the ball to him.
Old 02-02-2009, 03:47 PM   #61
Banned

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
Threads and comments like this disgust me.

Are some of you people really that selfish and greedy to believe the world revolves around what you want to hear?

Ian, Phil, and the rest of the Madden staff don't owe us anything. They are here to get feedback to make a better product and promote their product to get better sales and a more satisfied customer base.

Ian has even said he'll be dropping news on a weekly basis which is more than any of us could have hoped for considering EA's past.

So basically sit down, shut up, and wait people. Every week.... once a week you can all get overly excited (and thus disappointed in the aftermath) about these announcements or just be grateful for any information at all while patiently waiting for the spring/summer.

Was I thrilled to hear about technology that I knew existed? Not really. But was it new information about Madden? Yes.

Was it on a Sunday night when EA's staff could and should have been sitting back and enjoying their weekend and the Super Bowl? Yes.
Finally someone who gets it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2009, 03:51 PM   #62
Rookie

OVR: 8

I would have liked the to announce they were using the Euphoria technology in Madden.

I still have yet to understand how they are going to live up to the everything on Sunday slogan when the current technology Madden is built on simply doesn't allow for certain things.

Current technology doesn't allow for (based on what I keep hearing from EA and playing every year):

More than 2 man gang tackles
Pile-ups
WRs toe-tapping the sideline
Linemen blocking properly and forming a pocket
WR/DB interactions
Animated players on the sidelines
Animated and realistic looking crowd
Wind that blows in a direction other than up-left/right or down-left/right
Real time weather
Weather that effects the actual play on the field
Players leaving marks in the snow when tackled
Persistant snow marks
Real double team coverage
So on and so on....
Old 02-02-2009, 03:51 PM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 4

What more do you want? We already have a general idea of whats going to be in the game, it wouldn't be hard to guess, it's football. One thing we dont know is, who's going to be on the cover. Not that majority of people care. Just sit back and before you know it screens and everything else will be out.
Old 02-02-2009, 03:56 PM   #64
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

It's ridiculous to be disappointed about a game that doesn't come out for many months.

As always I'm sure there will be more announcements. For now I'm locking this thread as some of the comments here is the same ole Maddening complaining that goes no where.

Locked.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »