Home

Question for Phil and/or Ian

This is a discussion on Question for Phil and/or Ian within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-03-2009, 05:42 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Re: Question for Phil and/or Ian

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeybutlerz
Whatever happened to those packages where the Ravens defenders were supposed to move all over the place pre-snap?
Haha. Aint gonna happen UNLESS it is universalized throughout the game. So it wouldn't just be the Ravens, it would be everyone that has the same 3-4 sets that are in the Ravens playbook. Of course with Mattison it'll be interesting to see what we do differently. I think we will still remain multiple and aggressive. If his defenses at Florida are an indication we will still get after the QB, but it will be more calculated. At times Rex just blitz in an attempt to beat an offense into the ground. I like this approach sometimes, but not all the time. I think the blitzing will get scaled back more to like the Eagles/Giants, which isn't a huge drop off.
Old 02-03-2009, 06:20 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeybutlerz
Whatever happened to those packages where the Ravens defenders were supposed to move all over the place pre-snap?
i think i'm in the minority when i say i really enjoy the defensive side of the ball. i watch in amazement when i see teams like the steelers and the ravens with all the exotic blitzes and all the movement on defense before the ball is snapped. i'm not a programmer so i'm not sure how hard it would be to implement something like that but i think that would take the game to a whole new level . maybe Ian could give some input on how difficult this is to do.
Old 02-03-2009, 06:24 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by netking23
i think i'm in the minority when i say i really enjoy the defensive side of the ball. i watch in amazement when i see teams like the steelers and the ravens with all the exotic blitzes and all the movement on defense before the ball is snapped. i'm not a programmer so i'm not sure how hard it would be to implement something like that but i think that would take the game to a whole new level . maybe Ian could give some input on how difficult this is to do.
I'm not sure how hard it is, but they'd most likely have to build it into plays. That's how it was done previously. 2k3 had a lot of it. Madden used to have the Safety walking up, but he should have been charging. The problems previously though was that guys didn't time it very well. That's why I wish it was something we could control. I want to tell them when to move.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2009, 01:23 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

that would truly be something special then if u could actually control their movement. it would almost be like u are the QB on the defensive side which in reality thats how it works with the defense making adjustments based on what they see the offense doing. the game is so slanted in favor of the offense its frustrating. i want to see stuff like the safety or LB charging towards the LOS before the snap then drop back into coverage as soon as the ball is snapped. i want to see linemen go into their stance then get back up and shift across. anything to confuse the QB like it is in the nfl. this is starting to sound like a wishlist so i'll stop now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »