Home

Question For PS2 Players

This is a discussion on Question For PS2 Players within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-03-2009, 11:18 AM   #1
Pro

clarkerots's Arena

OVR: 9
Question For PS2 Players

Ok here's what I'm thinking.......is it worth it to update rosters for Madden 05 on the PS2 (and of course share)? I realize that many believe (as I) that 05 was one of the best, that's why I chose 05. I also know that it was one of the last Madden's where coaches sliders worked. Now, I also know that it would be a daunting task and many have stated that 09 on the PS2 is a good game. Is 09 on the PS2 good enough where the roster update on 05 would be pointless? Or is 09 on the PS2 the best out there only because a roster update for 05 doesn't exist? Feedback? Country.....I'm looking at you for the latter question.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2009, 03:28 PM   #2
Banned

bsb13's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Question For PS2 Players

If I were you I would just go ahead and get 09. Its pretty much a decked out version of Madden 05. If you thought 05 was good, I dont see any reason why you wouldn't like 09 better.

The only thing that is worse about 09 imo...is that the frame rate isn't quite as good and the field goal kicking is too easy. Plus, there is no Tony Bruno show...that may be a good thing or a bad thing....depends on who you ask. Everything else is better IMO.

The game has more pre-snap adjustments on offense and defense. It has player roles in franchise mode, hit stick 2.0, player weapons, highlight stick, lead blocker control, super sim, QB avoidance, smart routes, and thats just to name some of the stuff 09 has that 05 doesn't.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »