Home

Could this be done?

This is a discussion on Could this be done? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-03-2009, 12:56 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 7
Could this be done?

Okay so I was playing Madden today and made it to the superbowl in my franchise mode. IT FELT LIKE EVERY OTHER GAME! No extra excitement in the voices of the announcers! No extra loud cheers from the crowd! No special introduction for the team! No halftime show!
Then I got to thinking... Could they put a Halftime show in this game? And if they did how long before it became boring? Obviously we can't have 20 different shows on the disc right? EA wouldn't pay Brittny and the boss to be in this game would they? Of course not! So how about a way for us to create a halftime show? They could allow us to design the singer or singers (This way we can design replicas of our favorite stars!) they could have a feature that allows us to play some of our MP3's (That way we can upload the singers actual music). What do you think? Could this be done? It would be fun to create some halftime shows when the game it self gets boring. It would also add to the superbowl atmosphere. You could give us the option of different Pyros and stuff like that.
Me and m bro like to do franchise mode togeather and when we both end up in the superbowl it would be cool to watch a halftime show that we designed.
What do you guys think?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2009, 01:02 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Could this be done?

Maybe in future versions but to me this seems like total fluff. The development team needs to focus all its efforts on more important things. (Gameplay, Presentation, Franchise)
Old 02-03-2009, 01:51 PM   #3
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

Well, there was some good stuff in the post. Then it got to the Halftime Show and I left the station. I don't think we need a halftime show, but more atmosphere in the Super Bowl would be great.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Old 02-03-2009, 01:56 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
Maybe in future versions but to me this seems like total fluff. The development team needs to focus all its efforts on more important things. (Gameplay, Presentation, Franchise)
Your right!! I want Gameplay, Presentation, Atmosphere and Franchise upgrades as much as anyone but I don't want to get bored of the game either! There are things that can be done by COMPLETLY seperate teams that would help in this area.
You also have to remember that Josh and Donny will be working on Franchise, the animators will be working with the new PA. Ian said that the good thing about it is that there is little code needed most is done by the animators.
While I hate Fluff being the ONLY updates each year I also think it is needed to keep the game fresh.
Things like Create a Half Time, Training Facility(See NBA 09), A war room and My Crib all make the game a bit less boring. I think stadium, office, Training Facility and Home upgrades could all be added to the list of things that would make this game less boring after a few hours of playing.
Upgrades could be unlocked by meeting milestones and such. This would give us a reason to continue to play.
Old 02-03-2009, 02:06 PM   #5
MVP

bowdown2shadi's Arena

OVR: 28

I like the idea, but they do need to repair a bunch of crap. Maybe in future titles, when Madden actually comes out with the greatest football game. Once they get everyone pleased with there game, then Im sure they will start throwing in all the extra stuff. Ya dig?
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »