Home

What do you expect from Madden 10?

This is a discussion on What do you expect from Madden 10? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-06-2009, 12:46 PM   #33
Banned

FootballDetails's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: What do you expect from Madden 10?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36

You're really applauding that? The Franchise Mode obviously needs a lot done to it.

NCAA has Online Dynasty. Madden needs Online Franchise. This year.

Madden 10 needs to be amazing. It needs to be more than a title that gets the game to where it should have been three years ago.

I expect an Online Franchise mode and an NFL-style Online League mode.

I expect the game to exceed expectations. That should be the goal, even if expectations are high.

I have a feeling Ian wants to put to rest the ESPN NFL 2K5 talk for good. (Yeah, I brought it up.) Madden 10 needs to set a new standard for excellence. Right now, that standard was set by another company.
Old 02-06-2009, 12:57 PM   #34
MVP

OVR: 15

Details I 100% agree with you, Madden 10 needs to set the standard for all sports video games. I fully expect it to do so with the new leadership and team.
Old 02-06-2009, 01:00 PM   #35
MVP

OVR: 18

What I expect:

Presentation: More realistic stat overlays and often. Living sidelines, fans, and cheerleaders. Referees and chaingangs. Variety of camera angles post play and replays.

Gameplay: Better balance between offense and defense. DBs reacting better to WRs and vice versa. More passes that will sail high or fall short. Realistics WR drops and DB interceptions. Better O-line and D-line interaction which includes more real run/pass blocking.

Longevity: Much improved franchise and less cheesy tactics playing online. I believe the year of the sim gamer is coming in Madden 2010.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2009, 01:38 PM   #36
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Details
You're really applauding that? The Franchise Mode obviously needs a lot done to it.

NCAA has Online Dynasty. Madden needs Online Franchise. This year.
I'm applauding the point that Thudias makes. Until we know for sure that franchise mode is up to snuff, than it's not my concern to take it online.

I'm not dumbing down my expecations or anything. But for all that needs to be addressed in this game, anything online-related is at the bottom of my list.

I don't remember the post clearly, but I recall Ian saying something to the likes of Online Dynasty consuming a great portion of the NCAA team's production this past year. If that is the case, then I'd personally rather have the time spent somewhere else. Obviously, that's just my measly opinion.

Last edited by RGiles36; 02-06-2009 at 02:34 PM.
Old 02-06-2009, 02:21 PM   #37
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:

I don't remember the post clearly, but I recall Ian saying something to the likes of Online Dynasty consuming a great portion of the NCAA's team production this past year. If that is the case, then I'd personally rather have the time spent somewhere else. Obviously, that's just my measly opinion.
This is my understanding as well Rgiles.

That Online Dynasty ate up a great deal of dev time for NCAA '09'. I believe just the other day OMT on the NCAA board mentioned this very thing...how time consuming this feature was.

It may be selfish on my part but, as a franchise player only, I too would much prefer the time spent on the many other things that need fixing/upgrading. Personally I feel that '10' should be the year that the main focus should be on franchise mode. I mean we've been waiting five years now. But as you said...thats just my measly opinion as well.
Old 02-06-2009, 04:57 PM   #38
Banned

FootballDetails's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes1
That Online Dynasty ate up a great deal of dev time for NCAA '09'. I believe just the other day OMT on the NCAA board mentioned this very thing...how time consuming this feature was.

Seems like they made a good choice. Online Dynasty is regularly cited as the main reason to come back to the game.
Old 02-06-2009, 06:11 PM   #39
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Seems like they made a good choice. Online Dynasty is regularly cited as the main reason to come back to the game.
I can't argue with that Details.

With members of the Head coach team coming over to Madden for '10', I believe us franchise only guys are pretty much covered. So ya...if Online franchise is still possible...I'm pulling for those that would like to have it.
Old 02-06-2009, 07:12 PM   #40
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Perhaps, but NCAA's dynasty was in a lot better shape to begin with. Not to mention gameplay.

I don't want to play Madden 09, online or otherwise. I certainly have no desire to play the mostly broken franchise mode. If we get online franchise and these areas are not fixed, I will not buy Madden 10.

Online franchise is worthless if the game play and franchise mode aren't worth playing in the first place.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »