Home

What do you expect from Madden 10?

This is a discussion on What do you expect from Madden 10? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-09-2009, 12:38 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: What do you expect from Madden 10?

Umm how about a game that actually represents that we are in the year 2009. I have been playing this game since 1992. I dont understand what is going on with this game. Do you guys remember the first madden that came out for next gen. this was a game that was totally stripped of everything. I thought i was still pllaying the demo. Nfl 2k5 came out 5 years ago. Why is that game being compared to madden 09? Did ea not see when their guys got injured the sideline reporter told us that there will be an update on the injury later and later they diagnosed his injury and told us the status of the injury and then he was on an exercise bike working it out. how about trainers helping the injured players off the field. umm yea in a game already thats five years old. i expect to see my players stretching and doing their position drills, and the announcers mentioning the top 3 players from each team while they are stretching. how about if on 3rd and short a defender makes a play in the backfield, on the replay have split screen and show the defender making his way to the ballcarrier. Then have the announcer talking about the great play the defender made while mentioning his name. Thats what i expect. I expect a common sense madden. nfl 2k5 ,19.99, with really everything you see on sunday, umm 5 years ago. Not enough time to put it in ea? LOL LOL LOL. When you guys bout the rights to espn, you said that you were going to use it. Why buy all the rights and not use it. that was 3 maddens ago. EA said that they didny have enough time to put it in on the following madden after the buy out. Its 2009 now. It took 2k5 2 years. EA almost 2 decades now! This game is a joke.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2009, 02:36 AM   #42
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxamilian 27
Umm how about a game that actually represents that we are in the year 2009. I have been playing this game since 1992. I dont understand what is going on with this game. Do you guys remember the first madden that came out for next gen. this was a game that was totally stripped of everything. I thought i was still pllaying the demo. Nfl 2k5 came out 5 years ago. Why is that game being compared to madden 09? Did ea not see when their guys got injured the sideline reporter told us that there will be an update on the injury later and later they diagnosed his injury and told us the status of the injury and then he was on an exercise bike working it out. how about trainers helping the injured players off the field. umm yea in a game already thats five years old. i expect to see my players stretching and doing their position drills, and the announcers mentioning the top 3 players from each team while they are stretching. how about if on 3rd and short a defender makes a play in the backfield, on the replay have split screen and show the defender making his way to the ballcarrier. Then have the announcer talking about the great play the defender made while mentioning his name. Thats what i expect. I expect a common sense madden. nfl 2k5 ,19.99, with really everything you see on sunday, umm 5 years ago. Not enough time to put it in ea? LOL LOL LOL. When you guys bout the rights to espn, you said that you were going to use it. Why buy all the rights and not use it. that was 3 maddens ago. EA said that they didny have enough time to put it in on the following madden after the buy out. Its 2009 now. It took 2k5 2 years. EA almost 2 decades now! This game is a joke.
I agree with everything you just said, but hopefully Ian and the rest of the crew finally top 2k5.

And has anyone brought up custom chants like in MLB 09 The Show? Because those would be phenomenal!
Old 02-09-2009, 08:33 PM   #43
MVP

bowdown2shadi's Arena

OVR: 28

I expect a playable sim football title. If not, I will never buy a single Madden title again.
Old 02-09-2009, 08:41 PM   #44
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowdown2shadi
I expect a playable sim football title. If not, I will never buy a single Madden title again.
Sorry dude, but something tells me this is not the first year you've said that.
Old 02-09-2009, 08:43 PM   #45
Lie,cheat,steal,kill: Win

trobinson97's Arena

OVR: 44

More of the same. Hype and disappointment.

SteamID - Depotboy

...2009, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2020....
What a run
Roll Tide

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2009, 10:54 PM   #46
MVP

OVR: 18

What I HOPE for is a great franchise mode. I know having the HC guys should help that.

But ultimately, I'm still concerned about Madden as a whole. Superstar mode has always been poorly done, "Madden IQ" was pointless, and I'm not one who can be sold on online play. I hope gameplay becomes more realistic and I hope franchise mode is respectable.

But I don't have a lot of confidence. I would not hesitate to go another year without Madden.
Old 02-09-2009, 11:23 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 2

PLEASE, BRING BACK COMP VS COMP WITH THE BROADCAST CAMERA ANGLES, LIKE IT HAS ALWAYS HAD IN THE LAST GENERATION. I'VE ALWAYS BEEN A BIG FAN OF THIS. DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY WAS IT TAKEN AWAY, OR NOT IMPLIMENTED. EVERY SPORTS GAME THAT IS AVAILABLE HAS THIS BECAUSE IT IS THE STANDARD, BRING IT BACK, PLEEEEEEASE!!!!!!
Old 02-10-2009, 02:12 AM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 5

madden should have all the football nights:monday night football,sunday night football,and thursday night football.we should be able to have the option of choosing which primtime broadcast we want to play in it and it feel like were watching sunday,monday,or thursday night football.even football on cbs and football on fox. all the annoucers:troy aikman ,al and john etc.,the pregame shows should talk about injuries,rumors, etc in franchise.before the game,superstar players should be seen working out close up camera shots before the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »