Home

Coordinator Playbooks instead of Team Playbooks

This is a discussion on Coordinator Playbooks instead of Team Playbooks within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-06-2009, 11:14 AM   #25
MVP

OVR: 39
Re: Coordinator Playbooks instead of Team Playbooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by brza37
Head Coach has this too. It makes hiring coaches more strategic. In Madden you just hire the coach with the best ratings regardless of everything else. No strategy involved whatsoever. In Head Coach you have to balance the pros and cons of a better rated coach but your players having to learn a new playbook versus staying with the same coach and having the benefit of all existing players being pretty familiar with the scheme. A player that knows or has mastered a certain play will have a boost for it as opposed to a player that doesn't know the play and may accordingly make a mistake or missed assignment because of it. Coaches also have abilities which can help players learn plays faster. Players also have ratings for how fast they can learn playbooks. HC goes pretty far into detail in terms of the things you were asking for in your post.

Good news is some of the lead guys from Head Coach have moved onto the Madden staff. Hopefully they'll be putting this and some of the other cool features from HC into Madden. Keep your fingers crossed.

Its so hard not to think Madden 10 will be the greatest thing ever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2009, 12:49 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 6

+1 to the OP. Would be great to have OC/DC playbooks attached instead of the head coach.
Old 02-06-2009, 07:13 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 3

this is a great idea, playbooks are based on systems and systems are based off the talent you have or talent you draft or pick up. i would like to see players overall ratings in your system rather than just an overall rating, like the 4th best WR in the draft is the best in your system, like if you have the west coast system, route running and timing would be a better influence rather than a speedy flashy reciever...have players that fit your system best rather than having the best overall players, just something to think about
Old 02-06-2009, 07:19 PM   #28
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Awesome idea, I love it. This would add so much to franchise.
Old 02-06-2009, 07:26 PM   #29
Rookie

and just think, scouting players would be bigger than ever, and finding that late round gem is all more worth it. so it's just not all about drafting the best player, its about the best player for your system,and it would add depth and realism, and it would be harder to win year in and year out...
Old 02-06-2009, 09:33 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 25

Exactly!

Scouting players, FA, and draft decisions would all have to tie into the off/def coordinaters systems...it would truely give serious meaning and a goal to these tasks instead of them feeling disjointed and unrelated to each other...other than trying to improve your team overall.

Also, I'd like to be able to get more impact out of Rookies. But its hard to because the older players performance does not decline enough as they age. They give you no indication that they are going to retire...lol
Old 02-06-2009, 10:31 PM   #31
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

damn good idea OP, damn good idea.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2009, 10:55 PM   #32
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
damn good idea OP, damn good idea.
+1, excellent idea.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »