Home

Made a small change this week...

This is a discussion on Made a small change this week... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-06-2009, 10:55 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: Made a small change this week...

good job............
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2009, 10:59 PM   #26
MVP

mastershake88's Arena

OVR: 21

the madden democracy..this is the first madden for the people by the people...I cant believe this has become the gaming democracy..thats all i got to say I find interests in this man...you guys got my money right now.
Decade of Excellence
FHS '06, UMBC,'13,CCBC '15 UMUC '15
Old 02-06-2009, 11:04 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 7

I like them off as well... One little thing. I notice that a lot of other users like the coach camera as much as I do. I was just wondering if you could somehow have different camera angles presnap? Like a real T.V presentation... Then as the ball is snaped we go to the normal view. Once the HB is handed the ball or the QB passes the ball can we have the camera zoom in on them so that you can see the jukes, stiff arms and tackles more clearly? Maybe watch the sweat fly from their helmets on spins and big hits? With your new PA or whatever it is called as the man with the ball falls to the ground it would be cool to see him squint or grimace.
This would add to the clean football feel.

Last edited by DTown; 02-06-2009 at 11:08 PM.
Old 02-06-2009, 11:08 PM   #28
MVP

cdon2k's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by IXI DECAY IXI
He is not saying you would have to go without them. It's just the first time you turn your game on, go in options, change it and boom your set.

I liked the idea of you bringing up the stars from NCAA. That is very clean, simple, and too the point. Good thought...
Thanks, I would love to see something like the stars done in Madden...

But to the point of making these features an option, that's how it starts... First it's a feature, then it's an option, and then it is gone, think vision cone.
Old 02-06-2009, 11:11 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 7

Then when the player gets up he can either look shook up or start talking smack...
Old 02-06-2009, 11:13 PM   #30
Banned

FootballDetails's Arena

OVR: 30

Great decision. I'm not a fan of the weapon icons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
To everyone I showed, they sort of breathed a sigh of relief when looking at it...just "pure football" again.

That's why I don't like the lightbulb weapon bringing up the play art on the screen. I understand the logic behind it, but the play art completely takes me out of the game (when it's automatically displayed). I still vote to change the way the lightbulb weapon works.

Quote:
For our mass amount of buyers, do you think they need the helpers like the icons, weapons, pre-play menu, etc?

I say leave the pre-play menu off by default, but make it really easy to turn on. A lot of people probably need the help at first in order to get familiar with the game.

Once again, I think you made the right call. Pure football is the way to go.
Old 02-06-2009, 11:28 PM   #31
Pro

OVR: 12

I personally like the weapon Icons, as long as you allow us to turn them back on I will be fine. Thanks!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2009, 11:43 PM   #32
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

Ideas like these are exactly why Ian is going to change Madden Football for the better.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »