Home

Made a small change this week...

This is a discussion on Made a small change this week... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-06-2009, 11:47 PM   #33
EA Game Changer

OVR: 14
Re: Made a small change this week...

I like games that look as clean as possible. I think the type of consumers that really need those icons would be users on the Rookie and maybe Pro level, because they would be trying to figure out the controls and get the feel of the game. So those pre-play options should only show on Beginner and I suppose Intermediate levels and then be hidden and left for option for Advance levels.
Old 02-06-2009, 11:55 PM   #34
Rookie

PioneerRaptor's Arena

OVR: 8

Considering Ian said the masses, which is casual gamers. I don't care how much you argue or not, but hardcore gamers are definitely outnumbered.

Anyways, weapon icons definitely aren't needed, that doesn't help you in any way. However, the only thing I could see being on by default is the Pre-Play Menu. Because the masses will need those, I even turn it on every once in awhile.

However, the Pre-Play menu should specifically be about audibling and changing your offense, we don't need to know how to hike and quiet the crowd, etc.

Not to mention, it's never really in the way, I usually keep it on but push in the R-Stick so it's there when I need it, and I can just click the stick again.

Again, I can see most of the masses needing this.
Old 02-07-2009, 12:09 AM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 7

I say take them off i always thought the weapons where a bad idea.I think a clean look is big step 4 madden
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2009, 12:16 AM   #36
MVP

DLaren's Arena

OVR: 16

I would be more inclined to leave the "weapons" icons on if your team would be so kind as to make them look less invasive.

In franchise mode, once you're five or six years in, there are a lot of new players on the field. So it helps to have icons on-field so that I can quickly identify what each generated-player specializes in.

Maybe the brightly colored "weapons" icons could be made transparent or possibly dimmed-down a bit so that they don't pose as much of a distraction.
College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #2; Currently in Year-12.

College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #1 (retired); 40 seasons completed, 6 NCAA Championships won.

Last edited by DLaren; 02-07-2009 at 12:31 AM.
Old 02-07-2009, 12:49 AM   #37
MVP

bowdown2shadi's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLaren
I would be more inclined to leave the "weapons" icons on if your team would be so kind as to make them look less invasive.

In franchise mode, once you're five or six years in, there are a lot of new players on the field. So it helps to have icons on-field so that I can quickly identify what each generated-player specializes in.

Maybe the brightly colored "weapons" icons could be made transparent or possibly dimmed-down a bit so that they don't pose as much of a distraction.
I like that idea.
Maybe have it blend in with the grass under.
Old 02-07-2009, 12:54 AM   #38
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

I think you should set it on for the people that play on rookie and pro but they should be off for the people that play on all-pro and all-madden. But yeah I'm cool with dropping the icons. I already know the go-to guys when I play (though as someone else mentioned, you sometimes may not know the go to guys in franchise).

But anyways Ian, could you give any details about the new score bug? Is it bigger and/or different color?
Old 02-07-2009, 02:35 AM   #39
MVP

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90
But anyways Ian, could you give any details about the new score bug? Is it bigger and/or different color?
It's 100% more awesome.

Old 02-07-2009, 02:56 AM   #40
Pro

OVR: 10

I like the sound of these changes.

As long as you can still press R3 (PS3) to bring up the pre snap menu im all good with it not showing to start with.

With weapons im happy to turn them off myself.

But I do suggest if you have weapon icons on you only show 3 per team as default, gets a bit cluttered and useless when you see half the defence/offense with weapons.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »