Home

So I just rented Madden 09...

This is a discussion on So I just rented Madden 09... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-10-2009, 04:26 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: So I just rented Madden 09...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb24
Lol what does millions in sales mean where there is nothing to compete against???? And why would madden buy the rights if it was set to dominate? lol. They should have used that money years ago to update the game instead of giving you updated rosters at $60 with a few small gimmicks to mkae you think theres something real big.

And just because it sold millions people love it? hmmmm im pretty sure iv seen more Madden fans hate on the game then ever before. I read posts from true madden fans and players who hate this game and dont have hope for 2010. So millions = people love it??? Thats far from the case. How many of those millions were before people played the game and became disguested with it. Yes i own 09(a mistake a friend has it now)

"THe game does not neccessarily require the knowledge of football, but you need to know the nuances of Madden."

You said it best..... why am i playing a football game that does NOT require football knowledge but a "certin way to play the game." Lol

Another thing i have to laugh about is everyone getting mad at features leaving (franchise). The game has millions yet keeps taking away things you like and not really adding anything.... I was impressed this year because it seems they finally attepted to make a "new" madden. I bought the game and gave up when i couldnt play football i had to play madden.

Alot of people seem to think Ian being here will make a differance. He wont. the executives will shoot down any of his ideas that take away their millions. His ideas wont matter. If Madden heads know they are going to get $60 form you either way, they arent going to update the game no matter what they say. Money is an issue and when you have millions coming in with no competition, why bother. I mean really think about that if you were a Madden head..... What is to gain by updating the game when people will pay $60 for the new rosters anyway. They cant buy any other game with updated rosters. (some people will stop buying but it wont matter. you get a nice profit margin when you didnt spend anything.

I am currently going to school for business. I wouldnt bother doing any updates than needed to claim it has new features. Anyway i looked an i went on a long rant. Sorry but claiming its good because it sold millions...... that sets me off.

(can anyone tell me the updates that were worth a darn since 05) Things like ss mode dont count..... that was a waste.
Haha wow, that is one hell of a post right there. Good stuff man.
Old 02-10-2009, 06:26 PM   #34
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb24
Lol what does millions in sales mean where there is nothing to compete against???? And why would madden buy the rights if it was set to dominate? lol. They should have used that money years ago to update the game instead of giving you updated rosters at $60 with a few small gimmicks to mkae you think theres something real big.

And just because it sold millions people love it? hmmmm im pretty sure iv seen more Madden fans hate on the game then ever before. I read posts from true madden fans and players who hate this game and dont have hope for 2010. So millions = people love it??? Thats far from the case. How many of those millions were before people played the game and became disguested with it. Yes i own 09(a mistake a friend has it now)

"THe game does not neccessarily require the knowledge of football, but you need to know the nuances of Madden."

You said it best..... why am i playing a football game that does NOT require football knowledge but a "certin way to play the game." Lol

Another thing i have to laugh about is everyone getting mad at features leaving (franchise). The game has millions yet keeps taking away things you like and not really adding anything.... I was impressed this year because it seems they finally attepted to make a "new" madden. I bought the game and gave up when i couldnt play football i had to play madden.

Alot of people seem to think Ian being here will make a differance. He wont. the executives will shoot down any of his ideas that take away their millions. His ideas wont matter. If Madden heads know they are going to get $60 form you either way, they arent going to update the game no matter what they say. Money is an issue and when you have millions coming in with no competition, why bother. I mean really think about that if you were a Madden head..... What is to gain by updating the game when people will pay $60 for the new rosters anyway. They cant buy any other game with updated rosters. (some people will stop buying but it wont matter. you get a nice profit margin when you didnt spend anything.

I am currently going to school for business. I wouldnt bother doing any updates than needed to claim it has new features. Anyway i looked an i went on a long rant. Sorry but claiming its good because it sold millions...... that sets me off.

(can anyone tell me the updates that were worth a darn since 05) Things like ss mode dont count..... that was a waste.
1. Yeah there's problems with the game. People still enjoy playing it though. Yes, just because millions of people like Madden doesn't mean it's automatically a good game. But to say that just because a number of people on gaming forums don't like madden that those millions of people don't either is flawed and goes against why you got upset in the first place.

2. Ian has already took feedback and has inputted it into the game. Heck, before 09 came out Ian and Phil took feedback and inputted it into Madden 09 (i.e. toning down camera flashes, problems with jerseys, fixing animations, etc.). Them being here has made a difference. They could take the easy way out and not make any changes at all to the game except for roster updates but they haven't. They have done much more than that and since you are on these forums it's surprising that you don't see that.

3. I love how people are saying they took away features since they have the license. FYI... they always took away features when transitioning to new consoles since they can't do what they did before in some areas (not saying that that's a good thing btw).

4. Since 05 the game has added in terms of gameplay a better running and passing game, new animations, gang tackling, and other tweaks. If you think that the updates made to madden didn't matter since 05 than I can't see how you could feel any different about any other sports game series.
Old 02-10-2009, 09:51 PM   #35
MVP

sb24's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90
1. Yeah there's problems with the game. People still enjoy playing it though. Yes, just because millions of people like Madden doesn't mean it's automatically a good game. But to say that just because a number of people on gaming forums don't like madden that those millions of people don't either is flawed and goes against why you got upset in the first place.

No i see your logic, i will say that many madden fans that i respect(dont just blindly follow the franchise and have spent time playing 2k5(to know the good and the bad)) have given up on the game. Other love it still but then coming on here and seeing others feel the same wayits odd. expecially people who LIKE the game. I dont care what a 2k5 fanatic thinks, but if a madden fan hates it.... theres something there. That being said i dont assume everyone hates it. But since you got the main point i think u knew i didnt mean it like that.

2. Ian has already took feedback and has inputted it into the game. Heck, before 09 came out Ian and Phil took feedback and inputted it into Madden 09 (i.e. toning down camera flashes, problems with jerseys, fixing animations, etc.). Them being here has made a difference. They could take the easy way out and not make any changes at all to the game except for roster updates but they haven't. They have done much more than that and since you are on these forums it's surprising that you don't see that.

Ok they have "updated" the game. Small stuff for what im talking about. Things like presentation. Basicly i could go on for pages bout that. Ill leave it as i dont think they wil do anything big and its more for show. It will build up hype for 10. I COULD BE WRONG. I swear i hope its a great game. I just really dont think it will be. i think the develpers are her more for show than anything and kinda like politics wont do what they say they will. Like i said i hope im wrong but what ya gonna do. So lets just agree to disagree bout it. I do poke my head to see whats coming but i feel its all talk. People can tell me till there blue in the face its gonna happen but i just have my opinion. (btw im one of those that hates the gameplay so i dont like when they fix jerseys but not other things.(i dont want to get in to that)

3. I love how people are saying they took away features since they have the license. FYI... they always took away features when transitioning to new consoles since they can't do what they did before in some areas (not saying that that's a good thing btw).

I didnt say since they had the license i just ment in general. My point is they are takin away things the diehard fans love. And the 360 should be more capible than the xbox. Without tryin to go there....2k5 showed what CAN be done depending on the setup. We shouldnt lose stuff by going up a system cuz if thats the case i want my xbox again because i prefer gameplay not graffics.

4. Since 05 the game has added in terms of gameplay a better running and passing game, new animations, gang tackling, and other tweaks. If you think that the updates made to madden didn't matter since 05 than I can't see how you could feel any different about any other sports game series.
No your right to some degree. Gang tackles took way to long to get into the game. The new animations took to long as well and should be put in every year. They are to repetive. Of course the running and passig changed some but you didnt give me any big ways..... most of the innovative stuff was pre-license..... hit stick, lead blocker, playmakers controls, and i cant think of anything BIG to hit the system since. Remember i owned 07,08,and 09 and none impressed me. I played found the new things and never felt it was close to enough. I think people forget how much a game can put in from one year to the next if they have the competion to give them a reason.

I guess basicly we disagree. I know you think i dont play maden enough to say all this but i have. I also know im not going to changes anyones mind i just kinda went on a rant

btw i dont play sports games anymore because of these kinds of things

see bold
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2009, 10:15 PM   #36
MVP

bowdown2shadi's Arena

@ sb24
You don't play sports games anymore? Dude your on a Sports video game forum/website.
Not trying to be an ***, I just found that one comment odd.
Old 02-10-2009, 10:30 PM   #37
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

Sb24, are you here for any other reasons than to Complain? We have busy people taking time out of their day to share what is going on with Madden. Honestly, if you do not have anything constructive to say, then don't say anything.
Old 02-10-2009, 10:33 PM   #38
MVP

sb24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowdown2shadi
@ sb24
You don't play sports games anymore? Dude your on a Sports video game forum/website.
Not trying to be an ***, I just found that one comment odd.
Ha your not a **** you got a good point. i meant other sports games.... i used to play baseball and basketball games but dont like them as much. The main reason im on the site is something id rather not get into but i still want to play football and always have the false hope.And still try each year.

Last edited by sb24; 02-10-2009 at 10:59 PM.
Old 02-10-2009, 10:56 PM   #39
MVP

sb24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusefan
Sb24, are you here for any other reasons than to Complain? We have busy people taking time out of their day to share what is going on with Madden. Honestly, if you do not have anything constructive to say, then don't say anything.
Thats why i didnt post in an official madden thread......

odd that you try to call me out. have you read alot of posts here? Busy people.... what busy people? Ian? He should be reading things like this. Keep in mind i HAVE to hold back many thoughts on madden and i play the game so i can say what i want as well.

Complain? No. I was past that like 2 years ago(took me 2 years). i am free to leave my opinion expecially in an opinion thread. He was giving his opinion since renting and i replied to someone elses post.

And whether or not you find it constructive is an opinion. i didnt say things like "madden sux" or something dumb like that.Basicly it was relevant and constrctive. Unless you only want to read good things bout the game. At which point what does someones opinion matter if you can only love the game. Theres supposed to be competition. I find it odd how people claims it dominates yet theres no competition. Be constructive and clue me into that.

You dont find it constructive ignore me. We have different opinions on whats constructive.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:03 AM   #40
All Star

OVR: 33

If venting on how much the game sucks makes you feel better.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »