Home

Presentation in Madden

This is a discussion on Presentation in Madden within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-10-2009, 11:13 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 18
Re: Presentation in Madden

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewto16
I just want the feel of playing a TV broadcast that 2K gives you. I'm just amazed at how it imersses you in the game by feeling like a TV broadcast.

The pre-game, in-game, and post game presentation is all miles ahead of where Madden has been for 4 years now.

Use the NFL Network license, use the ESPN license, make up a fake EASN license again if you want.
I don't care what network platform Madden 10 would use. Heck, id be happy with Nickelodeon at this point! *that was a joke...sort of. - But they really need to adopt a broadcast aesthetic to fulfill their "Everything you see on Sunday, see it in Madden NFL" mantra. There hasnt been any news from EA on it just yet, but im sure they've heard the call. I just hope they choose to answer it this season.

I dont think anyone would look down upon Madden and say they copied 2K5 if they blew out their presentation. New benchmarks are set all the time and company's need not only to match what competitors have done - but exceed them. Just look at what EA did with NHL a couple years ago - they re-defined the way hockey is forever to be played via the skill stick. There is no going back now. Its the same thing for Madden, after seeing what was possible 4+ years ago on last-gen technology, how can we not expect at the very least a marginal equivalent? It's still not even close. I dont think we are wrong for wanting a more authentic broadcast look in Madden 10.
Old 02-11-2009, 01:42 PM   #10
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Presentation in Madden

I just saw Jobo's ideas and he perfectly captured almost everything I would like to see. It's uncanny, and I truly hope EA listens.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »