Home

What will NOT be in the game?

This is a discussion on What will NOT be in the game? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-10-2009, 06:00 PM   #9
MVP

mastershake88's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: What will NOT be in the game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
Can I get some clarification on what you mean by "trash"? I'm assuming you didn't mean to offend me...but that phrase seems a little stand-off'ish.

What is your top 3 exactly? (I know tiered defensive playcalling...what are the other 2?)
Ian the thing is these people you are replying to are the very nature of an atmosphere that has been around for quite sometime infact i'm not suprised by these very threads...Mainly because I use to think this way as others sometime ago. But I woke up and realize that when you aid to a solution or help start something rather than status quo your aiding towards something. Thats when I started calling your company mailing,emailing forums and everything..even blogs(as you know lol). The irony here is they know your here but these people do not understand that your here meaning if they wish to ask you they can and they should I grant that they would get a better answer Much like I do from time to time. This is the enviroment built around this game.

However Ian you can't please em all..These people want to find problems..the important thing is you keep us the people informed, keep us involved and keep us important. that is the madden democracy..that all good games follow...For the gamer by the gamer..
Decade of Excellence
FHS '06, UMBC,'13,CCBC '15 UMUC '15
Old 02-10-2009, 06:07 PM   #10
MVP

cowboy_kmoney's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdon2k
I am tempering my expectations somewhat because player interactions (DL/OL, WR/CB) are going to be the hardest thing to fix. There are currently NO WR/CB interactions besides jamming so a whole new animation set is needed and I am concerned about that happening. My expectations are low because i'll be happy if this is accomplished...

Hey Ian, did you see my thread about 1 more update?
Hey,cdon2k I bet this issue is fixed because Ian said that him and peter played on this game.Plus they already knew that this has been a big thing in the games of past,So really I think Ian and this years Madden crew has got it all under control.
Old 02-10-2009, 06:17 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 21

Great topic. It would be nice to help set our expectations with some of the things we will not be getting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2009, 06:24 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 39

1. Are we getting expanded rosters with game day decisions to dress and a practice squad I.E. HC?
2. Will IR work this year and free up a roster spot.
3. Will we have more assistant coaches and will playbooks follow coaches?
Old 02-10-2009, 06:26 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 4

Ian, can you give us any news on the (re)addition of formation subs and custom packages?
Old 02-10-2009, 06:31 PM   #14
Banned

FootballDetails's Arena

OVR: 30

This thread obviously puts the Madden Team in a difficult position. If they say what's not in the game, they could be giving away what's in the game.

That said, does the game have an Online Franchise mode?

Old 02-10-2009, 06:32 PM   #15
MVP

cdon2k's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy_kmoney
Hey,cdon2k I bet this issue is fixed because Ian said that him and peter played on this game.Plus they already knew that this has been a big thing in the games of past,So really I think Ian and this years Madden crew has got it all under control.
Cowboy, I couldn't disagree more... This issue is huge, they need to create a whole new animation package from scratch. To give a comparison, they have been working on improving the tackling package for the last 3 years and it's still not right. Going further, they have to motion capture all of these animations and that is going to take some time.

I'm guessing the build they are playing is basically 09 with a face lift (Ian said the graphics were getting work), and the ratings expansion. I seriously doubt that procedural awareness is even in yet as that is a pretty large undertaking as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2009, 06:37 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 15

I think Ian might suprise you this year Cdon..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »