Home

What will NOT be in the game?

This is a discussion on What will NOT be in the game? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-10-2009, 09:25 PM   #33

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: What will NOT be in the game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shttymcgee
Without too much coach-speak, how about not lining a corner up on a qb.
Again I guess I don't understand what you are trying to tell me.

I wasn't complaining about it, I don't play online, I don't care what others do with the wildcat. I would have absolutely no problem playing in my franchise against it.

I was simply stating why some people didn't want it in the game.

Last edited by kehlis; 02-10-2009 at 09:36 PM. Reason: typo
Old 02-10-2009, 09:38 PM   #34
Turn 10 - Microsoft

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes1
I agree with Details that this kind of thread would put Ian & his team in a difficult spot.

At least a part of the interaction is to built excitement for the coming game, and mentioning things that aren't in would certainly have the opposite effect. I too hate to be hoping for something to be in the game for months...only to be disappointed at the 11th hour. But I doubt EA would be very pleased if Ian took this approach.

My guess of something that unfortunately won't make it in for '10' would be, adaptive AI. If the goal is to have the cpu play more life-like, adaptive AI in my opinion is a must.

I agree with Vikes1. He's convinced me...

I don't think we'll publish a list of what isn't available in the game until closer to launch. Isn't all part of the fun of slowly releasing information?

Phil
Old 02-10-2009, 09:43 PM   #35
MVP

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes1
I agree with Details that this kind of thread would put Ian & his team in a difficult spot. To be clear though...I'm not really here to build excitement...I just want feedback to make our features better. At least for now.

At least a part of the interaction is to built excitement for the coming game, and mentioning things that aren't in would certainly have the opposite effect. I too hate to be hoping for something to be in the game for months...only to be disappointed at the 11th hour. But I doubt EA would be very pleased if Ian took this approach.

Yeah, you are spot on...I probably won't be talking about what's NOT in, especially before we know for sure what actually IS in.

You did make me think of an interesting point though...if towards the end of the year we just did a huge blog on everything that WASN'T going in, maybe that could end up being a good thing? We'd get thousands of rant posts and everyone would blow off all their steam, but then after the dust settled at least everyone would really have their expectations set. Of course there's the off chance that we don't talk about a missing feature in the "what's NOT in" post, and then there's even more backlash because we didn't say it wasn't in...ehhh...maybe it's not the best idea. Still an interesting though.

Oh well - once we get closer to time I'll be happy to say Yes/No to whether features are in or not. We used to do that all the time in our old interviews...I searched real quick and found this one:
http://www.gamingnexus.com/Article/M...w/Item828.aspx

We used to do a TON of these...so we could happily do that kind of stuff again come June/July.

Last edited by Ian_Cummings; 02-10-2009 at 09:46 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2009, 09:56 PM   #36
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

Honestly, I would REALLY like a list of things that didn't make it in. So long as its high on the list for Madden 11, I have no problem with knowing. Of course a few things would make me upset. But I can get over it. Because its not like it cant/wont ever be done. Madden will be out again next year.

But on the same hand I understand why you guys would avoid doing so. It would probably cause an uproar with fans...but it would all blow over. I can say it wouldn't be as bad as its gotten with a lot of people/fans.

I have to be honest and say that I have grown a great deal of hatred for EA sports in the past years. Mainly for the sub-par performance in possibly my two favorite video games(NCAA & Madden). But when I sit here and act like an adult about what my REAL feelings are, I say its not that I hate you guys, its that I'm disappointed. Its not been the fun, football experience I had with the last gen versions. I try to reason my feelings by saying, "Oh I've just grown up. I think its just because I'm not a teenager anymore." But I play games more now than ever.

I hope this game brings back the fun I had in Madden. I hope you guys bring me back to the good ol' Madden days.

(sorry if I seemed off topic)

Old 02-10-2009, 10:20 PM   #37
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
Can I get some clarification on what you mean by "trash"? I'm assuming you didn't mean to offend me...but that phrase seems a little stand-off'ish.

What is your top 3 exactly? (I know tiered defensive playcalling...what are the other 2?)
My apologies. No, I didn't mean any offense at all. I forget sometimes tone doesn't always translate as intended in forum situations. I don't doubt anything you all are claiming, and it's been all good news. I'm just trying to get my expectations in order.
  • tiered defensive play calling
  • footwork animations for all changes in direction, influenced by Coverage, Quickness & Route Running ratings
  • much improve player interaction all the way around, but especially blocking/evasive & WR/DB interaction
...in no particular order. But there are several playbook & AI issues that are all a very close 4th, 5th...
Old 02-10-2009, 10:22 PM   #38
MVP

cdon2k's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
What do you mean by player interaction Cdon2k? To me the most important thing they need to do physics related is:

1. Fix the way they run (It drives me crazy the way they run. stiff and straight up like robots) Ian said it correctly they need to run with a "sense of urgency"

2. Give the players real momentum, weight, and footwork. (No more gliding, morphing to the ball, or changing directions in a blink of an eye) Ian stated he did not like the way they moved like "waterbugs" To me this is along those lines.

3. OL/DL and WR/CB interactions (Absolutely no more suction blocking, make sure a pocket forms, and the WR/CB interactions should do wonders for man coverage)

(EDIT) 4. Players need to realistically build up speed. They should not start at full speed, and after they make a cut or break a tackle, OR get off of a block it should take them a while to get back up to full speed. NHL 09 did a great job of this

IMHO I think all these things will be completely taken care of by Ian and company. With these things fixed along with many of the other changes I am sure they are making, the gameplay should be outstanding!

That's is what i'm talking about and it WILL NOT be easy to go from what they had (09) to what you've mentioned. That's why I said that if they could just accomplish that, i'd be happy. I'll be amazed if they accomplish that. Quote me...

One more thing to add to what you listed, during WR/DB interaction, EA has to add the players actually interacting with each other as they're going down the field. Hand checking, hand fighting, and battling for position should be added. I am just dumbfounded by the ammount of animations that are going to need to be captured to make this happen. Sadly, i'll be amazed if they can get it done in one year.

Oh yeah, to Ian and Phil, can we get that list of what's not in? I think you guys are heading towards a huge backlash if you don't start tempering expectations. Guys are already expecting way more than can be accomplished in one cycle. I am thinking people are going to be PISSED if the game isn't completely different.

Last edited by cdon2k; 02-10-2009 at 10:30 PM.
Old 02-10-2009, 10:22 PM   #39

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengo Juego
But on the same hand I understand why you guys would avoid doing so. It would probably cause an uproar with fans...but it would all blow over. I can say it wouldn't be as bad as its gotten with a lot of people/fans.
I agree with what you are saying. And to add to that:

I think a bigger problem would arise from people assuming something that wouldn't be on "the list" is in the game.

Then, when the game is released we have people blowing up over why feature x wasn't on the list even though it is not in the game now. Then you would have certain individuals extremely upset with these guys for what they deem to be false advertising.
Old 02-10-2009, 10:25 PM   #40
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

this thread is trash, seriously Why would Ian tell you what is not going to be in the game? Remember this is a business so telling you what is not going to be in the game makes absolutely ZERO sense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »