Home

What Will It Take For You To Buy Madden This Year?

This is a discussion on What Will It Take For You To Buy Madden This Year? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-11-2009, 10:54 AM   #33
Banned

OVR: 29
Re: What Will It Take For You To Buy Madden This Year?

• Franchise that works
  • No over-powered rookies imported or otherwise (No 97 Tim Tebow and 95 Malcolm Jenkins)
  • Smart and I mean S.M.A.R.T. CPU AI - In game and off-season
  • Performance based progression (This is the only way it makes sense - could be based on a 'Potential" rating that could also be over-ridden by amazing performance)
  • Real commentary... please...some immersion
Too many to list
Old 02-11-2009, 10:59 AM   #34
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
as i said, it's not that i don't want to hear of them. i just don't see how it makes a difference to YOU or MYSELF, when you can't SEE these improvements. would you rather be told about improvements, or shown? i think the decision is obvious, but because it's ea, we'll never get that option. i don't know about you guys, but i don't care about features or adding 500 new animations every year. i want gameplay issues fixed...show me that they have, and i'll buy the game.
The public will need to wait till June/July for pictures or trailers. Who knows, it could be a bit earlier than that with pictures. Other than that, in August there is the option to rent or wait for others opinions.

Not much else to do between now and then except accept the announcements for what they are.

This is the first time people are hearing announcements about the upcoming Madden this early in the cycle.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:59 AM   #35
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
as i said, it's not that i don't want to hear of them. i just don't see how it makes a difference to YOU or MYSELF, when you can't SEE these improvements. would you rather be told about improvements, or shown? i think the decision is obvious, but because it's ea, we'll never get that option. i don't know about you guys, but i don't care about features or adding 500 new animations every year. i want gameplay issues fixed...show me that they have, and i'll buy the game.
then you have to wait for the game. I mean, the last time I checked my calendar(I'll check again now) its Feburary. What are you expecting?

If they showed you a video of the things working, would you consider that being shown or would you still be skeptical because its EA showing you and your not seeing for yourself?

And in regards to the bolded part, care to point me in the direction of another developer thats shown the gameplay working in the final build of the game, interacted with its fanbase, and given out information, 6 months prior to release?

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

Last edited by countryboy; 02-11-2009 at 11:04 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2009, 11:24 AM   #36
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
then you have to wait for the game. I mean, the last time I checked my calendar(I'll check again now) its Feburary. What are you expecting?

If they showed you a video of the things working, would you consider that being shown or would you still be skeptical because its EA showing you and your not seeing for yourself?

And in regards to the bolded part, care to point me in the direction of another developer thats shown the gameplay working in the final build of the game, interacted with its fanbase, and given out information, 6 months prior to release?
other developers didn't buy out the nfl, and the competition. they have a responsibility to people who are fans of football in general. the nfl should be ashamed of themselves. i guess you'll never be able to stop convincing anyone to stop liking money.

lol also, if i seen things working for myself, what else what i be doing but seeing for me? lol i don't have to be sitting right in their developer department to have a visual. put some stuff on your website or forums...it's not difficult
Old 02-11-2009, 11:26 AM   #37
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by marktg30
  • Franchise that works
  • No over-powered rookies imported or otherwise (No 97 Tim Tebow and 95 Malcolm Jenkins)
  • Smart and I mean S.M.A.R.T. CPU AI - In game and off-season
  • Performance based progression (This is the only way it makes sense - could be based on a 'Potential" rating that could also be over-ridden by amazing performance)
  • Real commentary... please...some immersion
Too many to list
I can guarantee 100 percent you won't see a 97 Tim Tebow in Madden X
Old 02-11-2009, 11:33 AM   #38
Banned

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdgoalie37
I've owned every Madden since the Genesis and almost every NCAA. However this year I'm taking a wait and see approach. For one thing we are having our first child, due in late July. That, in addition to the lackluster games, well I can't see me buying two football games again.

This will be the third straight Madden in which I didn't complete one full season of franchise play. I started and stopped a few times due to patches and roster updates, but I never finished the 2008 season. There are just too many issues, too much frustration with the product. I don't think I've played it since before the Holidays, so my $60 purchase just sits there. I've thought of it a few times, but I would rather play NHL09 instead.

For the 2010 game, I think I would have to be totally blown away by the reviews here as well as gameplay videos and such. I've never rented a game, but that may be a good option.
didnt the "reviewers" give madden 09 a 9.something this year?
i never read their junk.
its all about gameplay
franchise and all dont mean a thing to me
just online stuff....thats it for me
Old 02-11-2009, 11:40 AM   #39
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
other developers didn't buy out the nfl, and the competition. they have a responsibility to people who are fans of football in general.
What do you call giving out information 6 months prior to release(about 3-4 months earlier than normal) and interacting with the community? Is that taking a responsibility for their fans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by myth
lol also, if i seen things working for myself, what else what i be doing but seeing for me? lol i don't have to be sitting right in their developer department to have a visual. put some stuff on your website or forums...it's not difficult

my question was meant, would you have to play for yourself to believe what you see. Given how you obviously have issues with EA, I wasn't sure if you'd believe in anything they showed you in fear that its doctored, or not real, or what have you.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 02-11-2009, 11:42 AM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 7

i want a working franchise mode nothing ruins a franchise more than teams with franchise QBs selecting a QB in the 1st round of the draft(N.E.,ten,ind) and not having to patch the game to stop freezing and other bugs that should never make it after testing

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »