Home

What Will It Take For You To Buy Madden This Year?

This is a discussion on What Will It Take For You To Buy Madden This Year? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-11-2009, 01:33 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 4
What Will It Take For You To Buy Madden This Year?

bgamer i've already discussed this with you lol

Quote:
*Procedural Awareness/ Emotions have been added

*Franchise Mode is getting a reboot with help of the Head coach guys

*New Score Bug; will be at bottom of screen (clues given lead to me believing that it'll have a real time sports ticker)

*Weapons Icons and Pre-Play controls are set to off by default to give it a "pure football feel"

*Super Bowl is getting better presentation

*Ratings are getting stretched out; "...the game feels more sim than ever before"
everything with the exception of what i highlighted is trash. F all of that stuff! fix the gameplay first! why is that so hard? lol

it makes people sick ot hear about 2k5, because they can't handle the truth. go to youtube and you will find countless videos of people exposing madden.(madden 09 at that)they show a clip from madden, and then the way it would really go in real life with 2k5. it really pains you to watch the nonsense. you pass to a receiver who is basically wide open in madden, AND out of NOWHERE some safety or corner get an AWESOME SUDDEN burst of speed to come up and deflect/intercept the pass...GET THE F OUT OF HERE lol

i put in nfl2k5 the other day, and it pains me to play the game. madden09 still lacks in every department that this game has to offer. on top of that, the graphics still don't look that bad, playing at 480p through hdmi. the presentation, the physics, and the overall gameplay still put four years of next generation football to shame.

Quote:
example of something not fixed in 10 years:
-Screen pass to the outside, receiver catches ball and runs out of bounds. Very annoying
this is just one of many annoyances that have crippled this game since the ps2/xbox days...why is it so hard to fix? you know why they don't care to fix it? because it says madden on the cover and millions will still buy regardless

ea for some crazy reason, does not know how to program good AI. stop worrying about new franchise tweaks, super bowl presentation, and new score bugs.(LMFAO) fix what matters to true football fans the most, gameplay. stop trying to please only the casual gamer who think they're good at football when they have some ranked record of 85-3, because they know how to cheese madden for the sad game that it is

USE ESPN TO YOUR ADVANTAGE
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2009, 01:38 AM   #2
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: What Will It Take For You To Buy Madden This Year?

It must be released on the second Tuesday in August.
Old 02-11-2009, 01:43 AM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krioniq
It must be released on the second Tuesday in August.

do you think any of what i mentioned will be put into the game? i'm not buying madden this year until the 2K heads buy it and give their opinion
Old 02-11-2009, 01:48 AM   #4
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
do you think any of what i mentioned will be put into the game? i'm not buying madden this year until the 2K heads buy it and give their opinion
I'm sure that the guys at EA Tiburon are working hard at it to make Madden 2010 as good as it can be in a single development cycle.

I personally plan on buying Madden because I know that it will be a fun video game featuring my favorite sport and my favorite team, the Dallas Cowboys. If the game is not a picture-perfect sim, so be it.

For the record, I preferred 2K's football game over EA's as well, but honestly I'm beyond the whole EA vs 2K spat, both are (or in 2K's case, were) good and fun games.
Old 02-11-2009, 01:52 AM   #5

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
i'm not buying madden this year until the 2K heads buy it and give their opinion
I don't mean for this to sound negative or nasty. But why don't you read the boards till its released, rent it, and make your own decision? I have never understood why people would depend on others to make their own decision (even though those 2kers may have well respected opinions).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2009, 01:58 AM   #6
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

They are releasing info based on importance and not on the things they did/focus on first. They are going to state the big features in May/June.

I don't know why some people don't realize that.
Old 02-11-2009, 02:03 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
ea for some crazy reason, does not know how to program good AI. stop worrying about new franchise tweaks, super bowl presentation, and new score bugs.(LMFAO) fix what matters to true football fans the most, gameplay.

Been there, done that. Madden 08. Absolutely zero presentation, no score tickers, etc.

And it failed miserably.
Old 02-11-2009, 02:05 AM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
Been there, done that. Madden 08. Absolutely zero presentation, no score tickers, etc.

And it failed miserably.
that's because they don't focus on gameplay issues.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »